tru_loves_journey

No Internet In Egypt

224 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We're having trouble calling out. AT&T has told us that they've cut calls into MENA. Has anyone else heard this?

I just called Adams sister in Cairo. She is at home with her children and husband. She said they are afraid to go to sleep. The water at her flat isnt out. Some of her neighbors were robbed and some of the bad guys got arrested but there are some still out there. We used our ATT cell phone to call to her cell phone and it worked for us.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Timeline

I finaly got ahold of my husband, I have had a little trouble with that. But he told me that my in-laws and there familes have gathered in my FIL flat to keep every one safe. And that they live in front of one of the major squares that ppl have roited. And 3 men were sitting in a car and they just started to shoot ppl, and one of the army had to kill them to stop them. I really hate this.

Nora

Timeline

Ok something crazy bad that happened. Adams friend Mohamed that he grew up with was guarding the flat with some other guys and some bad guys came in a car and came to get to the flat and to fight them. He and some of the guys guarding the flat got into it with them, one bad guy got stabbed in the stomach and died and another guy they stabbed in the back and hes just injured and they are keeping the other guy like arrested. Mohamed and his neighbors are trying to reach the army to get them to come over but they cant reach them. This is in Alexandria. Mohamed just told Adam... I've never killed anyone in my life until tonight :(

Timeline

I know Mohamed and he is sooo kind. He was our witness at our wedding and had a wedding party at his parents house on our wedding night. He is a sweet spirit and to have to protect his family and his neighbors while his country is protesting, while some are creating violence. This is hard!

Timeline

I know Mohamed and he is sooo kind. He was our witness at our wedding and had a wedding party at his parents house on our wedding night. He is a sweet spirit and to have to protect his family and his neighbors while his country is protesting, while some are creating violence. This is hard!

Hi, I'm sorry to hear your friend had to go to that extent. I'm sure he feels so bad for having to did that. If we were in the same situation to survive I know we would be faced with the same decision. I hope today brings a better day for your friend and family.

event.png

event.png

Timeline

It's 2:20pm in Egypt, I called Hany he said at this time Ismailia is calmer and his family is fine. Last night when I spoke to him someone had stolen a car in his neighborhood and when they got the guy he was beaten and taken by the Army personel. No police were there at all. He said their area was in bad condition. He has made photo's, but still No Internet for me to see them. I'm hoping things will get better as the day goes by. I miss talking to Hany , we were used to talking for hours online. It's sad, scary, fearful and lonely without him. Our chances of being together just seemed to get futher away. Fear! fear of things not going well in egypt and visa's not being issued to leave there. I have a lot of thoughts and fears now. I hope things there in the near future get better and the people get a government that will get them good jobs and more money to live a more fullfilled life. Take Care Everyone

event.png

event.png

Timeline

7:54am...CNN just had breaking news, that another prison in Egypt has escapee's. That is a total of 3 prison's now with breakout's. That's terrifying!

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

7:54am...CNN just had breaking news, that another prison in Egypt has escapee's. That is a total of 3 prison's now with breakout's. That's terrifying!

I know exactly how you feel, we have come so far to be with our loved ones, and are so close and now this happens. Mohamed was approved for his visa just weeks ago, now its just a matter of when he will get it. We are having a baby girl in June and I was really hoping he would be here before then, now I just don't know. Its horrible, waiting and not knowing whats going to happen. I just read that the army arrested Habib Al Adly for opening prison cell doors to create more chaos. Hopefully this puts and end to the escapees.

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Also, according to Al Jazeera English (just now) over 3000 escaped prisoners have been rearrested and returned. If this is really true it brings a little comfort.

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Timeline

You having a little girl, awww Congratulations! I hope since you were so close that the embassy gets it out to Mohamed fast. I know your very emotional, be strong your future will be so wonderful soon :)

Also, according to Al Jazeera English (just now) over 3000 escaped prisoners have been rearrested and returned. If this is really true it brings a little comfort.

That is great to hear, Thanks!

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband called his family last night and got right through no problem. They live in a more rural area so it's taken a few days for it to affect their city. My MIL said the local police station as well as a gov't office was set on fire. Other than that things aren't terribly bad where they're at, thankfully.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Timeline

It's 9:26pm in Egypt, I talked with Hany. He told me his town is calmer and the police are back patroling the streets. He told me they're running out of food and can't get more. Things on Tv look alittle quieter, but we can't see as they do. Mubarak should respect his country and leave. I know at age 82 he feels they can't make it without him, but I got news for him, They will be just fine.

event.png

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

My in-laws are in Mahalla. There have been demonstrations there but so far the family has been unaffected. My father in-law yesterday was going out to stock up on food. I hope everyone there is safe today and I asked my in-laws to keep my 21 year old brother in law in the house. Can't stand the thought of him getting hurt.

Betsy El Sum

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.