tru_loves_journey

No Internet In Egypt

224 posts in this topic

It's sad that this has to escalate into such violence and destruction.

But not surprising, right? It's not like Mubarak was just going to give up without a fight. I believe it's a good thing, he should be gone. Sad people had to lose their lives.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am so worried now, I haven't talked to Ahmed since yesterday afternoon. Can't reach him now but he should be in a training class at work, so not unusual..but these messages here and the news has me concerned for all those I love there. He has been without internet for a few days now because he used up his credit, was supposed to get restored today but maybe not?? I hope all this unrest won't have any negative affect on those of us still awaiting our petition and visa approvals for loved ones there. I am supposed to travel there in a month, my family and friends are worried now...hope it settles by then. Thoughts and prayers are with all of our loved ones as well as those we don't know. Please let's all keep one another posted as to what is happening and efforts on contacting our loved ones.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

No, not surprising. Egypt is a powerful country in the Mid East. Change is not going to come easy at all. It's still sad that it had to come to this.

But not surprising, right? It's not like Mubarak was just going to give up without a fight. I believe it's a good thing, he should be gone. Sad people had to lose their lives.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Timeline

Can't get a hold of anyone....now CNN showing PD in downtown Alex has been set on fire and army is in streets of Alex...hubby could be one of them there....I am soooooo freakin anxious right now!!! At least the military is being received warmly by the protesters, Al hamdalillah...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You can watch Al Jazeera in English on your computer at http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

They have good coverage of the situation.

Can't get a hold of anyone....now CNN showing PD in downtown Alex has been set on fire and army is in streets of Alex...hubby could be one of them there....I am soooooo freakin anxious right now!!! At least the military is being received warmly by the protesters, Al hamdalillah...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We got through to my inlaws a few moments ago, but they aren't saying much about what's going on and I've been glued to aljazeera all day!

Divorced. To hell with him.

Filed: Timeline

I have been in contact with my husband through out the day via cell phone. Just pray that this settles down soon. And it will not do any good bash the president, all sites are monitored for this.

You can watch Al Jazeera in English on your computer at http://english.aljaz....net/watch_now/

They have good coverage of the situation.

Timeline

Hey Kim

How are ya ? How is Hany ? I hope that everything is going ok .

I don't know if i should be happy or sad ! Happy cause finally the Egyptian people have the chance to say and do what they feel .Sad cause i know how the Egyptian police treats people in Egypt .

But i think the that S.O.B knows now that Egyptian people don't like him anymore.They don't want him anymore .Enough is enough .And now they have a curfew in Egypt .No internet ...no phones.......

May Gos bless Egypt .And i hope it will be the end of that bad president and his government .

Have a nice blessed day everyone .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

Hey Kim

How are ya ? How is Hany ? I hope that everything is going ok .

I don't know if i should be happy or sad ! Happy cause finally the Egyptian people have the chance to say and do what they feel .Sad cause i know how the Egyptian police treats people in Egypt .

But i think the that S.O.B knows now that Egyptian people don't like him anymore.They don't want him anymore .Enough is enough .And now they have a curfew in Egypt .No internet ...no phones.......

May Gos bless Egypt .And i hope it will be the end of that bad president and his government .

Have a nice blessed day everyone .

Hey Mohamed, I'm having a day of feeling very nervous, watching CNN all day. I just got through to Hany on his cell phone, he said in Ismailia things were pretty scary . the police is all over, fires and cars broken. Hany is at home and safe with his family. I hope the egyptian people get what they want and life will get better there soon for them. They're a wonderful group of people. I feel sad about the whole situation in Egypt.....You Take care, Talk To You Soon

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Medo just left last week to go home for a family viset. Talk about bad timing, I also have been talking to him off and on all day. This is a good live site for watching the news. Much better then CNN..... http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

I heard that they stoped all flights out and in at the airport. Hubby wants to come home earlie. I miss him :crying:

Untitled.jpg

Timeline

still can't get through to anyone, all numbers I have give recording of not in service...hoping this will not affect his military release which is just weeks away...this may be a long month, wish I could go sooner...just wish I knew whether or not he made it home today

Timeline

Aly174 - I hope you hear from him soon and he is safe....As for me the last call I made was 5pm our time and checked to see if Hany was fine, He said he was fine. All calls after that have only been a buzz sound. I will keep trying as I'm sure we all will be doing. It'll be a sleepless night for me........Best Wishes To Everyone

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Peaceful demonstration for Egypt at the Egyptian Consulate in Houston (Capital One Tower 5718 Westheimer Rd.) from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Sunday

OMGosh! I wish I knew that sooner ! I was in Houston by the Indian Consulate bcz my sister was getting a visa and her and her husband are going to India for his brothers wedding. We were at Phoenicia eating lunch at that time and I would have loved to be at the Egyptian Consulate instead of Phoenicia!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

OMGosh! I wish I knew that sooner ! I was in Houston by the Indian Consulate bcz my sister was getting a visa and her and her husband are going to India for his brothers wedding. We were at Phoenicia eating lunch at that time and I would have loved to be at the Egyptian Consulate instead of Phoenicia!

Ok scratch that! I totally missed the "Sunday" part! I was thinking about today and being down there. Adam and I may be going on Sunday!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.