tru_loves_journey

No Internet In Egypt

224 posts in this topic

Ok scratch that! I totally missed the "Sunday" part! I was thinking about today and being down there. Adam and I may be going on Sunday!

There were people there today - supposedly around 40 or so. But the main show of support is planned for Sunday.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

There were people there today - supposedly around 40 or so. But the main show of support is planned for Sunday.

Just checked the weather for Houston on Sunday and theres suppose to be thunderstorms! I hope not bcz we are off work and are totally free to go down there at that time. I have bday party and dinner in humble at 5pm-9pm so I could be near Houston at 230 easily. Would sooo love to participate!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Just checked the weather for Houston on Sunday and theres suppose to be thunderstorms! I hope not bcz we are off work and are totally free to go down there at that time. I have bday party and dinner in humble at 5pm-9pm so I could be near Houston at 230 easily. Would sooo love to participate!

Yeah I saw that :\ blech. Well hope for good weather! Link to the FB page for Houston:

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=110497775659306&index=1

Timeline

Adam just talked to his mom in Alex. She said the police stations have been burned, the banks were robbed, the drivers license office burned, and stole the money from that office, the governor of Alex office burned, boss of the police in alex -his house burned (that house is across the street from where his mom used to live) She dont know how her and Adams grandmother will get paid this month. Its gone from protesting to rioting and things are being made into a big mess over in Alexandria. Its going to start making problems for alot of people for money, for their jobs, for food ect.

I hope that those of you that have spouses there that they can get away from there safely.

Timeline

Hello Everyone I hope your loved one's are fine in Egypt....I called Hany at 7am, Sooo much noise in the background , he said fighting, fires and stealing. This is looking like a long road for all of us. My concerns are for the ppl in Egypt and how the president won't seem to go as they want, it's crazy. He must not care at all! Now they have No Government! My other concern is I don't think anyone trying to obtain a visa will be leaving there soon. We 're September filers still waiting NOA2.... All this puts a very sick feeling in my stomach. Everyone Pray, Pray, Pray

event.png

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hate to rain on any parades...but I am sure that the consulate won't be working on any type of visas anytime soon. With the scope of the protests growing all the time....there's more pressing matters at hand. Think all we can hope for is that people stay safe until this situation gets resolved. Visas will have to wait for later down the road I think.

Betsy El Sum

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I was in Cairo earlier this month on business with several colleagues. My boss, who is also my cousin, her husband and young son stayed behind to visit family in Giza. We haven't heard from them in three days, and continue to try to reach them. Insha'allah, all our loved ones are safe and that the best outcome for all is the result.

Timeline

I was in Cairo earlier this month on business with several colleagues. My boss, who is also my cousin, her husband and young son stayed behind to visit family in Giza. We haven't heard from them in three days, and continue to try to reach them. Insha'allah, all our loved ones are safe and that the best outcome for all is the result.

^^ Hi Sofiyya! I hope your family is ok too. I wonder how Aya and Medo are doing and if they are able to come back home as planned?

I see on the news that Mubarak named Omar Suleiman as VP for Egypt.

LaL 100 dead? CNN is saying 35 dead - but with all the violence going on there, I'm thinking more than 35. Sad!

Filed: Timeline

Yea this is very serious, I got a email from travel.state.gov and they said the embassy is open only when there is not demonstractions on in the areal, when there close to the embassy there closed. And for all americans there to stay low for now and follow the rules. And as always there is the emergencey number to help ppl.

Hate to rain on any parades...but I am sure that the consulate won't be working on any type of visas anytime soon. With the scope of the protests growing all the time....there's more pressing matters at hand. Think all we can hope for is that people stay safe until this situation gets resolved. Visas will have to wait for later down the road I think.

Timeline

John said that Aya is ok now and is safe.

Medo has a few more weeks before he comes back, hopefully things will settle down before then.

Jax (F)

Thanks for the update Jackie!

Timeline

Adam is on the phone with his sister in Cairo. She has been hearing gun shots in the street of her flat and that neighbors have been robbed. She is terrified. She said that the good protesters have told them to prepare hot water in water bottles so when the bad guys come to rob them they have something to try at them from the balcony. The bad guys are turning off peoples hot water. So we just got off the phone with her so she can fill whatever she can with hot water.

Now he is calling his mom is Alex to find out whats going on there now

Edited by ~PalmTreeGurl~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.