tru_loves_journey

No Internet In Egypt

224 posts in this topic

God, crying again at work while Wael Ghonim is being interviewed. This is why all the hand ringing about the MB upsets me to know end - it devalues the sacrifice of the youth of Egypt, those who were willing to risk imprisonment and even death to stand up to a dictator because they knew that he was wrong.

I can't watch any of the news about any of it without crying.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Mubarak should give some of those billions back to the ppl and his country that he says he loves so much, looks like he was loving himself to me. I can't wait to see the list of bank accounts, real estate and all other assets this man has. People who live that life and don't help others really make me sick. I realize how some want him to stay and some want him to go and it's up to the Egyptian people to decide. While I was in Egypt I saw a little girl selling trinkets, No parents around her and she had head lice so bad ( yes ofcourse i bought what she was selling) HOW can Mubarak sit back on his Billions and see the Children of Egypt like that? It's crazy! I see ppl like Bill Gates helping others, even Oprah. At age 82 why keep all that money? He can't take it with him can he :no:

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Mubarak should give some of those billions back to the ppl and his country that he says he loves so much, looks like he was loving himself to me. I can't wait to see the list of bank accounts, real estate and all other assets this man has. People who live that life and don't help others really make me sick. I realize how some want him to stay and some want him to go and it's up to the Egyptian people to decide. While I was in Egypt I saw a little girl selling trinkets, No parents around her and she had head lice so bad ( yes ofcourse i bought what she was selling) HOW can Mubarak sit back on his Billions and see the Children of Egypt like that? It's crazy! I see ppl like Bill Gates helping others, even Oprah. At age 82 why keep all that money? He can't take it with him can he :no:

:thumbs:

at least i hope that he will say how the heel he makes that kinda money .Presidents don't make that kinda money at all .Plus he is from very poor family in the country side of Egypt .So he can not lie and say i got this money from my family ......

Its really sad to say him.his family and the gang around them have all of that money .at the same time you can see an old man starts to work when he was 5 or 6 years old and died when he was 65 and had not even 100 $ on him when he died :(

Of course he can not take anything with him not just that money .I was wondering what he gonna say when God ask him about how he earn his money and how he spend it ?!!

OK Moubark take money as much as you can but remember when the undertaker but you under the ground there will be no place to take that money with ya .Maybe you are a winder in this world but are you going to be a winder in the other world ? Nope you gonna be the biggest looser !

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

at least i hope that he will say how the heel he makes that kinda money .Presidents don't make that kinda money at all .Plus he is from very poor family in the country side of Egypt .So he can not lie and say i got this money from my family ......

Its really sad to say him.his family and the gang around them have all of that money .at the same time you can see an old man starts to work when he was 5 or 6 years old and died when he was 65 and had not even 100 $ on him when he died :(

Of course he can not take anything with him not just that money .I was wondering what he gonna say when God ask him about how he earn his money and how he spend it ?!!

OK Moubark take money as much as you can but remember when the undertaker but you under the ground there will be no place to take that money with ya .Maybe you are a winder in this world but are you going to be a winder in the other world ? Nope you gonna be the biggest looser !

Your so right Mohamed, sooo right :thumbs:

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Thanks for the link msheesha!

Another something that made me cry. The mother of Khaled Said embraces Wael Ghonim:

238129624.jpg

And Wael addressing the crowds in Tahrir today.

238116178.jpg

Edited by UmmSqueakster

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

I've read the EU is freezing his assets there!! :dance: I think they also conficated his private jet in france or his family's jet. :rofl:

Filed: Timeline

I read in a article about his finacle wealth actualy started when he was in the military himself . That he had bought small property's, how he did it i am not sure. But as president you can make very good fincial deals and sponsor new building contracts and make 20% and over time that adds up espically when your in a poistion to sponsor a little money to make a lot of money. So this is rather easy to do in his poistion, as he is in a trusted poistion. And you would be surprised what our own presidents do, there just not in office long enough to be so corrupt, as that shows over time. But there was a reason why we limited our own presidents to only 2 4year trems. Sure i believe that he should of used that fincal gain to help his own country, or made deals like that, that would of benifited the country and the ppl by producing jobs. But hey if a country is doing well then other countries will not give you fincial assaistance that you can pour back into the military. There is a reason why the military in Egypt is Dubbed of the Best. Of course this is just my opinion and based off other egyptains i have the plesure of spending time with, and what i read.

I've read the EU is freezing his assets there!! :dance: I think they also conficated his private jet in france or his family's jet. :rofl:

Timeline

What I would be interested to know is...What did Mubarak / Government do with the 1 Billion Dollars per year that America gave to them? It must be nice to control that much money and still not be able to see the needs of your people. What close his eyes like it's not there? I guess he only chose to see what he wanted to see. As that is the case for many governments :(

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Very nice. Thanks for sharing the photos. Any English translations of his speech to the crowd?

Here's a video with subtitles from the Guardian, although it's not the whole thing.

This WSJ article contains more.

A summary of his speech plus an interview with Al Masry Al-Youm

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline
egypt_07.jpg

irhal.jpg

What I would be interested to know is...What did Mubarak / Government do with the 1 Billion Dollars per year that America gave to them? It must be nice to control that much money and still not be able to see the needs of your people. What close his eyes like it's not there? I guess he only chose to see what he wanted to see. As that is the case for many governments :(

it's more like 3 billion annually, in recent years, most of which goes towards the military. when the us handed over that money though, it was never thought to be with the understanding that it would be going to poor egyptians, to make their lives better. it was always about bolstering the military, and bolstering us-egypt military connections. as far as the us is concerned, he did exactly what he was supposed to with that money. that's why it's been sent for over 30 years. there was plenty of talk over the years about social programs using aid money, etc. and even though that never came to much, the money kept coming in anyways.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

I remember that president Jamal Abd Alnasar'' the second presdient of Egypt'' when he passed away they found out that he just has 143 Egyptian pounds ''About 24 USD'' And this S.O.B has more than 60 billion dollars !!!

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Timeline

I would love to know too. My husband said most money just went back into the military, sad, sad, sad

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.