chrisana

I29F Fiance Visa Criminal Record Question

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all, I have a question regarding Part C on the I29F application. The question regarding criminal records. I had did have an arrest and conviction 1time in the mid 70's for a controlled substance. The question ask if you had 3 or more arrests so I answered the question no. Can anyone tell me what might happen when they do the background check and find this arrest? Will they ask for any documentation and if they do what kind of documentation.

Thank You

Chris

1437896feakg273jp.gif

471651fatxn3j13g.gif

c.gifh.gifr.gifi.gifs.gifa.gifn.gifa.gif

I assume you are the beneficiary? They will probably ask for any court documents you have and everyone needs a police check for their interview. As it is a drug related offense you might/probably will be denied at least initially and you will have to file a waiver to get a visa. What embassy will you be interviewing at?

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all, I have a question regarding Part C on the I29F application. The question regarding criminal records. I had did have an arrest and conviction 1time in the mid 70's for a controlled substance. The question ask if you had 3 or more arrests so I answered the question no. Can anyone tell me what might happen when they do the background check and find this arrest? Will they ask for any documentation and if they do what kind of documentation.

Thank You

Chris

They will do nothing.... If they do a background check and find THREE arrests then they might do something....

YMMV

Timeline

I assume you are the beneficiary? They will probably ask for any court documents you have and everyone needs a police check for their interview. As it is a drug related offense you might/probably will be denied at least initially and you will have to file a waiver to get a visa. What embassy will you be interviewing at?

Why would you assume that? The I-129F is prepared by the USC and part "C" asks questions about the petitioner

YMMV

My mistake.

Edited by amykathleen2005

England.gif England!

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Timeline

Crimes related to controlled substances are often treated differently.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/records

Will you stop confusing the situation... The OP is the US CITIZEN

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

They do criminal background checks on both parties . I suggest you contact am immigration laywer for advise .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Nevermind, long night.

England.gif England!

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Timeline

They do criminal background checks on both parties . I suggest you contact am immigration laywer for advise .

The only thing that makes a USC ineligible to petition are certain sexual predator / sex offender convictions....

The question is NOT about the alien benneficiary

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The general rule is that failure to disclose a no-no, even if the no-no is a minor thing that won't matter, would cause you more trouble than the no-no itself.

It is always best to seek the advice of an immigration lawyer. The cost of a professional consultation is well worth the trouble you can avoid as a result.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The general rule is that failure to disclose a no-no, even if the no-no is a minor thing that won't matter, would cause you more trouble than the no-no itself.

It is always best to seek the advice of an immigration lawyer. The cost of a professional consultation is well worth the trouble you can avoid as a result.

Did you read the answers already given? Do you even have a clue. A single controlled substance conviction for the US Citizen is a non-issue. Stop muddying the waters.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.