one...two...tree

Self Defense

362 posts in this topic

I just happened to think of Shelley Winters.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Why?

Have I got the celebrity wrong that was used as an excuse for someone not being offensive?

Oooooooooooooh I think it was Carol Channing?

Are you having a go at me here?

Hell no! :lol:

I'm thinking slim's just trying to spin himself.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
No one knows any self-defense moves? You know, like flipping someone over for trying to shake your hand?

I do. Mother did Judo and ex was black-belt in Karate. I also took 3 self-defence courses (seems excessive but I was a member of the student union organising it so the first one was to learn, others were to build numbers).

As for the rest. Usually I avoid "scary" places. I lock the doors when I'm in the car (you'd be surprised how many people leave the passenger side door open and purse/wallet/phone on that seat). If I'm too scared when going somewhere I have a special flashlight I can take with me (made in japan.. few special modifications and it's a taser). I am interested in getting pepper spray or something at some stage and Tony wants me to get a concealed carry permit and a revolver (revolver was my choice).

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: Timeline

Dunno what Carol Channing's got to do with slim, but whatever.

---------------

i'll tell a funny story concerning safety. My mother and I were visiting one of our houses down south, which was vacant at the time. It needed a few bits and bobs, light bulbs, etc. So we went to a store to get them, and it turns out the neighborhood by the store was pretty rough. We're inside the store when a few helium balloons pop, and my mother, walking behind me, att 5'3 120 lbs of her, grabs my shoulders, puts her foot in front of my feet, throws me to the ground, and jumps on top of me.

She thought it was gunfire, lol.

So I'm on the floor of this store, totally stunned. I pause and then say 'would you mind getting off of me please?'

I'm waiting for the bit where this becomes relevant.

I'm still waiting for you to post first-hand experience.

when I am in combat in the ghetto I pull out my bazooka and threaten to blow the gangstas away if they don't get out my way. I'm hard like that.

Why not just go on about your business without getting into those confrontations? If you'd address people as people you'd be surprised how few confrontations you'd get into.

Yep I do have proper training on it. And I do use a call in system as well.

Sounds like you have some good self defense procedures in place.

grabs my shoulders, puts her foot in front of my feet, throws me to the ground, and jumps on top of me.

You don't need self defense, you have mom. Awesome!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

whatever happened to speak softly and carry hollowpoints? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Have your keys ready before you get to your car. You don't want to fumble around for them at you vehicle.

Under stress your body loses fine motor skills. Some of those nice wrist locks, pressure points, ect will be useless unless practiced. Most likely you won't have the ability to perform them when the time comes.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

I'm still waiting for you to post first-hand experience.

I did. I posted about how my husband does not make eye contact with strangers.

I've seen him do this and I know why he does this because we've discussed it.

Is that first-hand enough for you? Or are you so busy running around in circles that you forgot the direction in which you were going?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

I did. I posted about how my husband does not make eye contact with strangers.

I've seen him do this and I know why he does this because we've discussed it.

Is that first-hand enough for you? Or are you so busy running around in circles that you forgot the direction in which you were going?

Nice comeback! I'm gonna have to jot that one down and use it on a rainy day.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1