one...two...tree

Self Defense

362 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

why does he do it?

Because you never know with gang thugs like the UVA, UDA, and all the wannabe IRA groups there. For the most part, they are like gangs now, policing their own little neighborhoods and by "policing" I really mean annoying the sh!t out of them. Back in the 80's and 90's, they were quite terrifying.

ETA: I actually lived there off and on when I was younger Slim. And you wouldn't last 10 minutes in Derry.

Edited by Rob & Mel

Filed: Timeline

Because you never know with gang thugs like the UVA, UDA, and all the wannabe IRA groups there. For the most part, they are like gangs now, policing their own little neighborhoods and by "policing" I really mean annoying the sh!t out of them. Back in the 80's and 90's, they were quite terrifying.

ETA: I actually lived there off and on when I was younger Slim. And you wouldn't last 10 minutes in Derry.

thanks RJ. how do you know slim's self defense capabilities?

7yqZWFL.jpg

Timeline

thanks RJ. how do you know slim's self defense capabilities?

I think a few pages back, he said that he would make direct eye contact with people, to let them know that he isn't an easy target. Sorry, if you stray into a bad neighborhood, you are. He could be chuck norris and he would still probably get his ####### kicked in a crappy neighborhood in Derry just as he would in L.A, or New York.

Filed: Timeline

I think a few pages back, he said that he would make direct eye contact with people, to let them know that he isn't an easy target. Sorry, if you stray into a bad neighborhood, you are. He could be chuck norris and he would still probably get his ####### kicked in a crappy neighborhood in Derry just as he would in L.A, or New York.

well she said it was from ptsd. i was curious what the event(s) were that led to this disorder. i know one person that looks down & away while walking in public. that person does so due to being incarcerated for many years.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Timeline

how about just having our way with you? :unsure:

on second thought ... for some reason i have this strange feeling the hunted will quickly become the hunter .... :huh:

That's really quite creepy Natty.

why does he do it?

It's just part of not engaging "them". Like minding your own business.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

well she said it was from ptsd. i was curious what the event(s) were that led to this disorder. i know one person that looks down & away while walking in public. that person does so due to being incarcerated for many years.

According to my husband, the technical college he attended was located next door to a jail.

This was during the time of the hunger strikes at the Maze prison in Belfast.

The local police had a few detainees in that jail. So, the local republican populace held daily rallies outside the police station, both to protest the holding of the local prisoners and to support the hunger strikers at Maze.

In order to get to class, my husband had to pass through these crowds. The events were daily and went on for months. These events were usually peaceful but on the edge of trouble at any moment.

I don't know if this is when he started looking away from people or not. I do know that from the time he was old enough to remember, there was always an air of tension in his city. (He was 9 when Bloody Sunday occurred.)

His house was also broken into twice, not by people targeting him because of politics. As Rob mentioned earlier, the dissidents (to some degree) are now gangs. My husband lived alone and was an easy target for a robbery.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Pepper spray.

Had training.

Incidently the only car jacking & assault I was subjected to was in the UK.

The car jacking in Darlington and the assault in the quaint village my Mum used to live in years ago.

Both really nice neighbourhoods too.

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---