sandinista!

Terrorists Prevent Arizonans From Enjoying Whatever Food They Want

51 posts in this topic

where is the outrage?!

TUCSON, Ariz. – An Arizona restaurant has decided to scrap plans to offer African lion meat in its tacos.

Bryan Mazon, the owner of Boca Tacos and Tequila, said Monday that his Tucson eatery has received "many threats" against the restaurant, family members, customers and vendors since he announced last week that he was taking prepaid orders for the exotic tacos.

Boca planned to start serving the lion tacos Feb. 16 at a cost of $8.75 apiece.

Mazon says his restaurant received orders from people around the world. The eatery already has served up python, alligator, elk, kangaroo, rattlesnake, oysters, turtle, duck and frog legs in its tacos.

Mazon says he'll continue to bring unique menu items to the Tucson community and his customers, but not at the expense of safety.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_tucson_african_lion_tacos

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110125/ap_on_bi_ge/us_taco_bell_lawsuit

Lawsuit to Taco Bell: Where's the beef?

MONTGOMERY, Ala. – An Alabama law firm claims in a lawsuit that Taco Bell is using false advertising when it refers to using "seasoned ground beef" or "seasoned beef" in its products.

The meat mixture sold by Taco Bell restaurants contains binders and extenders and does not meet the minimum requirements set by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to be labeled as "beef," according to the legal complaint.

The class-action lawsuit was filed Friday in federal court in the Central District of California by the Montgomery law firm Beasley, Allen, Crow, Methvin, Portis & Miles.

Attorney Dee Miles said attorneys had Taco Bell's "meat mixture" tested and found it contained less that 35 percent beef.

The lawsuit on behalf of Taco Bell customer and California resident Amanda Obney does not seek monetary damages, but asks the court to order Taco Bell to be honest in its advertising.

"We are asking that they stop saying that they are selling beef," Miles said.

Irvine, Calif.-based Taco Bell spokesman Rob Poetsch (PAYCH) said the company denies that its advertising is misleading.

"Taco Bell prides itself on serving high quality Mexican inspired food with great value. We're happy that the millions of customers we serve every week agree," Poetsch said. He said the company would "vigorously defend the suit."

The lawsuit says that Taco Bell's "seasoned beef" contains other ingredients, including water, wheat oats, soy lecithin, maltodrextrin, anti-dusting agent and modified corn starch.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Posted that article in Off-Topic already....

I missed that. :blush:

btw who in their right mind would eat lion meat ? That's the same thing as eating cat meat. :blink:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I missed that. :blush:

btw who in their right mind would eat lion meat ? That's the same thing as eating cat meat. :blink:

No, it's worse than eating cat. Cats are plentiful. Lions are not.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Gratuitous trolling and bating reported.

I reported him for being a failed troll. Seriously, if you're going to troll, at least try to be subtle, or on-topic. Don't just bring up anti-muslim politics just because someone who happens to be muslim posted.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

No, it's worse than eating cat. Cats are plentiful. Lions are not.

Well, it is Arizona. I wonder how many Arizonans could tell the difference between lion meat and say....... coyote or possum meat :whistle: When I first read the story, I thought back to that movie The Freshman, staring Matthew Broderick and Marlon Brando. They all thought they were eating komodo dragon, but turns out it was just turkey :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well, it is Arizona. I wonder how many Arizonans could tell the difference between lion meat and say....... coyote or possum meat :whistle: When I first read the story, I thought back to that movie The Freshman, staring Matthew Broderick and Marlon Brando. They all thought they were eating komodo dragon, but turns out it was just turkey :lol:

Or Always Sunny in Philadelphia when they thought they were eating humans. :rofl:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Baiting post violating TOS has been removed along with posts quoting same. Acceptable parts of the removed posts returned to the thread below.

could it be food nazis masquerading as terrorists? :unsure:

Gratuitous trolling and bating reported.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Baiting post violating TOS has been removed along with posts quoting same. Acceptable parts of the removed posts returned to the thread below.

omg .... i reached acceptability :wow::lol:

though ... probably didn't make it by much ... :blush:

Edited by natty bumppo

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If they mix 60% lion with 40% beef, they can call it a beef taco and everyone will be happy.

Apparently not.

Taco Bell Sued Over Meat That's Just 35 Percent Beef

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg