happyme'11

Am a Victim -Any idea what to do??

9 posts in this topic

Hello fellow VJ members,

I don't know if this post is in the right place or what??Justi need any words or opinion from y'all on what I should do. This is the situation.

A week ago i signed up for a 7 day trial FREE credit report for me to find out my credit scores. I am aware that if u don't cancel it this company charges u a certain amount each month after the trial period.

To make the story short I called and cancel it the very next day . I wrote down the person's name and member number and everything only to find out today that this company charged me $29.95 and another four $1.00 charges that they said i signed up.

It really makes me mad so i called and wanted my money back in my account but they insisted the amount they charged me won't be refunded coz i signed up for this bunch of ####### which I know I did not.

ANy ideas or words that would help me take care of this please??I would appreciate it and if this post should not be in here my apology. Thanks.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello fellow VJ members,

I don't know if this post is in the right place or what??Justi need any words or opinion from y'all on what I should do. This is the situation.

A week ago i signed up for a 7 day trial FREE credit report for me to find out my credit scores. I am aware that if u don't cancel it this company charges u a certain amount each month after the trial period.

To make the story short I called and cancel it the very next day . I wrote down the person's name and member number and everything only to find out today that this company charged me $29.95 and another four $1.00 charges that they said i signed up.

It really makes me mad so i called and wanted my money back in my account but they insisted the amount they charged me won't be refunded coz i signed up for this bunch of ####### which I know I did not.

ANy ideas or words that would help me take care of this please??I would appreciate it and if this post should not be in here my apology. Thanks.

Call your credit card company or bank, depending on payment method. Report this as fraud. If you did not authorize the charges, then try to get them to reverse the charges.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Also contact the better business bureau and file a claim.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

dispute the charges. your credit card gives you protection, regardless of what what free credit says

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Thank u all guys for ur shared ideas. My husband called the credit company and told them we gonna report them to BBB. So the guy said they will cancel everything and will put the money back in our account in a couple of days so..we'll see if this will happen.

Thanks again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thank u all guys for ur shared ideas. My husband called the credit company and told them we gonna report them to BBB. So the guy said they will cancel everything and will put the money back in our account in a couple of days so..we'll see if this will happen.

Thanks again.

Sadly, you'll encounter the same situation over and over, where they will not help/ try to rip off/ ignore the immigrant wife, and will bend over backwards for the US husband. I've had this happen to me in several occasions from filling a complaint to requesting a bassinet for our son with the airline. Now I just save myself the heartache and send the husband.

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks again.

wrong answer. you call your credit card company and put it in dispute with them. depending on that credit company to be true to their word - if they were then you'd not have this thread going to begin with.

time for talking to that company is over - talk only to your credit card company now.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!