substance

Funny story ...read!!!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I-130 was approved in may 22nd. Got the approval letter on june 2nd. Then we recieved the 3032 and Aos bill in mid july. We made the payment on the same day i think it was july 14th. and mailed the 3032 a few days later. then heard nothing from them for a month. We called 603 334 0700 and tried to know whats going on. they told us they mailed the I864 form on july 22nd. My wife told them it was august 11th and she still havent gotten it. then the person said she is going to send it again the next day , our IV bill was also generated a couple days before so we should expect it soon as well.....well again some 2 weeks later , still no I864 and IV bill. I called the NVC again and told them still recieved nothing. the person said My I864 was send on august 11th and Iv bill a week before that. a couple days after this call, we recieved the IV vbill and paid it on the same day again but still no I864.

My wife got so pissed . She lives in Massachusetts , only 1 :30 hour away from the NVC building in NH. She drove up there and tried to get the papers herself. But there was this security guy didnt let her get in. He said no one can help her. there is no helpdesk or anyone she can talk to. no one other than people work there can walk in there. and she cant pick the papers or return paper to there, she should wait for the mails and mail them back. My wife started a fight with the guy but no use then she started crying but no use again. She drove all the way back home and no gain . Only thing we found out was its a huge building and some thousand people working in it and they work from 7 30 to midnight. unfortunately no help desk.

I am very well convinced that there is no way to make things go faster. I just have to wait. even the posts takes weeks to get to my wife. they dont pick up the mails you sent them from their mail box very often either. Most of the papers were picked up a week or more late. When we sent the 3032, it took them 3 weeks to put the info in to the system so we called the post office and ask when they delivered our mail. it was the next morning at 9 am. but it took them 3 weeks to pick it up from the mailbox and enter it to the system.

right now i am waiting for the Ds-230 and I-864 forms. they said its another 1 to 5 weeks for them to complete the case after i return them to NVC and who knows when the interview will be after they complete the case. I am from turkey and NVC assings the interview dates for turkey. only thing good is i know the embassy in ankara is not so busy. so i say its probably another 4-5 months for me untill the interview.

You can download and complete the DS-230 & I-864 and self generate the barcode sheets by using James Shortcuts http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 By using the shortcuts you eliminate all the wait time and mail delivery problems.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

yeah , we decided to do that today. We already prepared the forms, now preparing the documents then will be sending them possibly thursday. Thanks for the advice.

do you have any idea how long after NVC completes my case, I can get my interview? I have heard its only a few weeks for ankara turkey. but it so hard to believe.

thnx

i'm sorry, but do you feel you are right to try to go into a government building and cry to the security guard if you can't?

:huh: not bad for a first post.

Its not a matter of right, its a matter of frustration. Sometimes we do things purely out of being human. For many anything is worth a shot even if realistically the effort isnt worth it. Can make one feel better then just sitting around waiting and waiting. The OP and spouse were having a problem and not seeing it corrected via the normal route. Damm, I sweet talked a police officer to get an appointment for fingerprints outside of my area because local police station was giving me the runaround. Ok, trying to get inside NVC might be realistically an impossibility, but hell I would of cried too......Big deal.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

I am sorry to hear your story. Our case number was assigned on June 13 and NVC completes it on August 30. Now, focus on how you can process your paperwork. Us the shortcut to creat I-864, DS 230, barcode cover sheets for both and mail it to them, if they were generated already.

One thing, I read from the NVC's DOS website that they don't talk to any visitor. That is how they function, so nothing you can do. Good luck. We can help you with your questions.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

do you cry to solve all your problems? :o)

Nope and nor do I make it a habit of slapping someone across the face cause they are being a ####, but there is always the exception. And you are ####. Of all the threads here on VJ you felt compelled to post your first on this thread in the way that you did. Get a life.

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Nope and nor do I make it a habit of slapping someone across the face cause they are being a ####, but there is always the exception. And you are ####. Of all the threads here on VJ you felt compelled to post your first on this thread in the way that you did. Get a life.

Dayum! Go Aussie!

I-751 Submitted August 2008

RFE Nov. 5, 2008 for incorrect fee

Nov. 6, 2008 Package returned to VSC with correct fee

NO COMMUNICATION FROM USCIS WHATSOEVER!

August 29, 2009 Letter of Intent to start removal proceedings

August 31, 2009 Letter and Phone with Congressman's office

Sept. 3, 2009 Infopass

Sept. 4, 2009 New I-751 submitted with another fee

Sept. 25, 2009 I-797C NOA received with 1 year extention dated Sept. 14, 2009

Oct. 2, 2009 NOA2 Biometrics Letter Appointment received

Oct. 9, 2009 Biometrics

Oct. 12, 2009 Updated on USICS website

Jan. 12, 2010 RFE

Feb. 2, 2010 RFE Returned

Feb. 4, 2010[/b ]RFE Received by USCIS

Feb. 19, 2010 EMAIL, TEXT & WEB UPDATE! CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED! Hallelujah!

Feb. 22, 2010 Second Email and text stating card production ordered.

Feb. 24, 2010 Email and Text stating Approval notice mailed.

Feb. 25, 2010 Approval letter I-797C dated 2/19/2010 received.

Feb. 27, 2010 Green Card arrived!! Envelope postmarked 2/23

Vintage Gifts & Upcycled Art!

Timeline
i'm sorry, but do you feel you are right to try to go into a government building and cry to the security guard if you can't?

why dont you give me your address , so i can come to your address and make you cry?

Timeline

by the way, borat sagdiyev from kazakhistan is the character in the ALI G show of HBO and Channel 4 of UK. SO its not this persons correct name and nationality. thats being his/her first post also gives it away that its just a made up profile to make that comment.

Dont take him/her serious.

thanks for the support

I'm the wife, and being a USA CITIZEN, I do believe that it is sad of how the goverment really does not make it easy for the immigrants to just talk to someone in those GOVERNTMENT BUILDINGS without waiting 1 hour on the phone or waiting 2 weeks to get an email reply back. Try being away from your newly wed husband or wife for over a year, see if you dont start crying because you have nothing in your power that you can do.

Its not a matter of right, its a matter of frustration. Sometimes we do things purely out of being human.

Obviously Borat's a troll, but I wanted to say THANKS for pointing this out! I agree that the frustration of this process can make us do really silly and stupid things. Cry, rant, drink booze, fight with spouse (or friends who don't understand) etc. etc.... yep, it really does bring the worst out of us sometimes.

Married 12-30-05

Started our visa journey Jan 06.

01-06 - I-130, K3 shortly after

04-06 - switched to Canada Immigration

07-06 - Moved to Canada (PR almost complete)

07-06 - Changed again, back to US imm.

09-06 - Landed as Canadian PR

10-06 - DCF Toronto, Approved in 1.5 hrs!

11-06 - Interview Montreal (success!)

I-130

10-05-06 DCF in Toronto - Approved

10-19-06 Packet 3 received & sent back

10-20-06 Montreal receives P3

11-03-06 Packet 4 received

11-06-06 Medical

11-22-06 Interview / Visa approved

11-26-06 heading home, 6 day drive, my oh my

HOME SWEET HOME

10.24.08 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

Delivered at 9:03 AM on October 25, 2008

10.29.08 NOA1

10.30.08 Check cashed

12.06.08 Biometrics Appt.

12.19.08 Received new Drivers License extended to 2011

03.12.09 Received CONGRATULATIONS letter - Card on the way!!

03.20.09 Received his SHINY new card. WOO HOOOOOOO

YAY!! We can take a break from this madness until Citizenship.

Timeline

she actually didnt want to talk to anyone and put our case ahead of other people. she just wanted to pick up the forms and hand them back because it takes weeks to get the forms on snailmail where she actually lives an hour away from the building.

I posted this story to inform people what really happens in that building from real life experience. as you can read, i wasnt complaining or anything . I even put the title" funny story". Thats shows we are pretty much aware of it was a stupid thing to go up there, but since its not so far away and she wanted to show me she really wants to get me there and she is really trying hard for it.

there is another issue going on here. I met my wife in the US while I was going to college there and she was a student as well. We made a mistake and I didnt renew my visa before I got married. So i after we filed the I 130 and I-129F, i was ineligable for F-1 . the officer told me I had to wait for my immigratn visa. SO my life here in Turkey is basically only waiting. because I had lived in USA for years, I went to high and college there ( only 1 semester left to graduate). I have a house , car and all my things waiting there and i am paying for them still. because of that remaining semester, i am a high school graduate only here and its not easy to find jobs. If i had anything to do here, time would pass faster probably. I went to usa when i was too young and lived 1/3 of my life there. Now i am a complete stranger in my own country. It really makes me sad and depressed leaving all my life including my Wife back in USA and wait her for a year . She left her college and lived here with me for some months but we decided its better for her to go finish her college instead of waiting here and doing nothing( we thought we were almost done when we reached to NVC part of the process) but now we are seriously considering her skipping another semester and live with me here untill i will be able to get back to usa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

you're telling me to get a life, yet you are talking about some website like it's a real life thing- you must think about this forum a lot (L) do you have more cyber friends than real ones, aussie wench?

why dont you give me your address , so i can come to your address and make you cry?

You already made me cry with your subpar grammar (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Awww, this isn't a funny story, it is a sad story. I am so sorry your wife had such a difficult and frustrating time - I do know exactly how she feels and in her circumstances, may well have tried to do the same thing myself. Certainly I have cried in frustration - sometimes it is the only thing that there is to do and you need to do something - anything - to feel like you have some control back again when all you can do is helplessly wait on some one else - and when the process is already showing signs of being derailed from the norm it becomes doubly worse. The process does have problems and things can go wrong so it becomes doubly difficult to wait knowing that. Kudos to your wife for her initiative even if it didn't get the results you had hoped. Good luck with the rest of the process and I hope you are back in the US together, very soon.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.