Nate & Dina

How do we change this system?

53 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I have to admit, i've never been one to vote.

I am sorry, but many many many men and women have died for you to have that right.....the right to vote.

It is really bold of you, IMHO, for you to use this fine country's immigration system when you yourself are not an upstanding citizen?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

I am sorry, but many many many men and women have died for you to have that right.....the right to vote.

It is really bold of you, IMHO, for you to use this fine country's immigration system when you yourself are not an upstanding citizen?

Baron, that's harsh.

Apathy can be turned around by someone learning a lesson. I think Nate might be one of those people who will find his way to the polling place in the future.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Baron, that's harsh.

Apathy can be turned around by someone learning a lesson. I think Nate might be one of those people who will find his way to the polling place in the future.

Yep. Thanks Rebecca Jo. I've read a lot of Baron's posts on this site, and he takes snipes at pretty much everyone. Anyway, just because i have not voted up to this point doesn't mean that i never will. I've always been the type to stay away from politics because i always felt as though it is basically out with one crooked politician and in with another, but if there is somebody out there who i feel as though can TRULY make a difference for the better, i will vote.

Filed: Timeline

GO to http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/ and apply if there are any job openings available. If you think you can do better, then please apply for a position in the government, they are always looking for new ideas.

The immaturity I have seen lately from those going through process just amazed me.

I *heart* you for saying this.

'mind numbingly bad' ???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

And the right to abstain.

Edited by faust-yusov

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

GO to http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/ and apply if there are any job openings available. If you think you can do better, then please apply for a position in the government, they are always looking for new ideas.

The immaturity I have seen lately from those going through process just amazed me.

:thumbs:

:reading:

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

its just a case of waiting, like everyone else is , and has done before you. its not "mind numbingly bad" its to protect their country against all threats foreign & national. Yes its heart breaking to be apart for 7 months, but that's just a small price to pay to then be able to live in a country doing its best to protect you from people getting in just to cause mass heartbreak.

1++

Well said

Edited by jrmejia

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!

Timeline

are you so naive that you honestly believe those were the only attacks anyone has ever planned against the US? do you honestly think that the government hasnt prevented any? of course they have, and screening processes are just one of the many ways they get the information they need to protect you from having two policemen showing up at your door to tell you that after all the trouble you went through to get her there, your wife has just been killed in an attack.

yes its one of the many ways you are lucky enough to live in a country where your government actually tries to protect you. the fact that you are so ungrateful for this is astonishing. i have been separated from my fiance for months as well, but i can see past the hurt i feel now, knowing that there is a reason for it, and that it might just save my life without me knowing someday.

im sorry if this upsets you but sincerely from me, and i think i can safely say on behalf of anyone ever effected by terrorism, we dont give a damn if you personally feel trampled on, put out and violated. if you dont want the protection, save your fiance the hassle, and join her in Russia.

This is for you :thumbs: Well said.

:reading:

3.gif

• 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

are you so naive that you honestly believe those were the only attacks anyone has ever planned against the US? do you honestly think that the government hasnt prevented any? of course they have, and screening processes are just one of the many ways they get the information they need to protect you from having two policemen showing up at your door to tell you that after all the trouble you went through to get her there, your wife has just been killed in an attack.

yes its one of the many ways you are lucky enough to live in a country where your government actually tries to protect you. the fact that you are so ungrateful for this is astonishing. i have been separated from my fiance for months as well, but i can see past the hurt i feel now, knowing that there is a reason for it, and that it might just save my life without me knowing someday.

im sorry if this upsets you but sincerely from me, and i think i can safely say on behalf of anyone ever effected by terrorism, we dont give a damn if you personally feel trampled on, put out and violated. if you dont want the protection, save your fiance the hassle, and join her in Russia.

And are you so naive as to believe the government's mind numbing propaganda that they are actually doing something with your petition during this hideous delay? Wake up please! It sits on a shelf and rots for the whole time until the last 15 minutes.

If they really needed all these months and months and months on end to screen your fiance for terrorism, then what about the years when Vermont issued the NOA2s in 30 days? How did they do it that quickly? Were they being negligent in screening fiances for terrorism? How many terrorist fiances are here now and have been here for all these years? Why haven't they blown anything up yet?

The process is a joke, the hideous delays are a joke, their boldfaced lies are a joke, and the whole damn operation is a joke. But this joke is on us.

They just did this morning in Moscow....did you miss this

I posted this just for you today. USCIS is willing to listen to your complaint and if you have a solution to offer that will help with a shorter wait time, while don't you use this venture to share it with them.

No one on this board can make your wait time any shorter, so why don't you try this venture that I am posting here for you.

"Enlace" Public Engagement

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Office of Public Engagement invites you to "Enlace," a free Spanish-language only event where we will share agency updates, a presentation titled "How Do I Help My Relative Become a Permanent Resident in the United States?", and have an open forum segment to respond to questions of a general nature.

Our next "Enlace" engagement will be held at the USCIS Washington Field Office in Fairfax, Virginia. You may also participate from anywhere in the United States via telephone and Internet. Date:

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Time:

1:00PM-2:30PM (EDT)

USCIS Washington Field Office

2675 Prosperity Avenue

Fairfax, VA 20598

To participate, e-mail us at Public.Engagement@dhs.gov and write the word “ENLACE” in the subject line. We will send details to you about how to participate.

Last updated:01/03/2011

for them they are willing to

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Spanish-language only? Even with 4 years of Spanish in high school, I wouldn't know what they were talking about.

Put it this way...the event is mainly for illegals. Something you won't EVER see them say. Though pretty obvious when its ONLY SPANISH in an English speaking country with an illegal alien problem stemming from mexico.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.