KittyPollitt

The hoping not to be denied at Casablanca thread

753 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats msheesha & Vanessa...I'm so happy that we are finally hearing APPROVED out of Casa!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

INSHALLAH you will hear it too tomorrow Sarah!!! All our prayers are with you!!!

Malika :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

:ot: I really, really want a piece of cake that is in your picture. Just sayin'. :devil:

I agree! That cake has been part of my "we're totally going to have a glam wedding and red will be the main color" inspiration since my fiance proposed.

Maybe one day I should think about asking him whether he likes red. :devil: Nah. :whistle:

Timeline

:ot: I really, really want a piece of cake that is in your picture. Just sayin'. :devil:

The practice cakes sure were yummy. Maybe we'll have a small stateside ceremony in the US in a year or so for my family so I can make the real one. I think I'll make all my co-workers fat practicing in the mean time. LOL. :rofl:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sarah - how are you guys doing? think you will get any sleep tonight?

Thinking of you and wishing you all good things!

We're doing really well! My fiance is the single most calm person I've ever met.. spent the evening watchin Three Kings and drinking sodas :D He FINALLY went out late this afternoon and got some clothes to go to the interview in, after I nagged him for a month about it. I don't know about sleep tonight tho, I don't sleep too much at night anyway, and there's a funeral going on outside our window.. They'll be reciting the Qu'ran all night.. It's kinda comforting and relaxing tho ^_^

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and well wishes. God willing, everything will be ok in a few hours.. :clock:

Timeline

We're doing really well! My fiance is the single most calm person I've ever met.. spent the evening watchin Three Kings and drinking sodas :D He FINALLY went out late this afternoon and got some clothes to go to the interview in, after I nagged him for a month about it. I don't know about sleep tonight tho, I don't sleep too much at night anyway, and there's a funeral going on outside our window.. They'll be reciting the Qu'ran all night.. It's kinda comforting and relaxing tho ^_^

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and well wishes. God willing, everything will be ok in a few hours.. :clock:

Goooooooooooooooooooooooood luck! I can't wait to hear about your approval tomorrow. :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats to those who got approved and Good luck, Sarah!

01/28/2013 I-130 package sent

01/31/2013 Notice of Action Date After POE
02/01/2013 Received e-mail and text notification of acceptance
11/26/2013 Applied for SS#
02/04/2013 Received hard copy NOA1 (case not found in on-line system) 12/02/2013 ELIS site still states "accepted"
03/12/2013 Transferred to the local office 12/27/2013 received green card
04/10/2013 Case still not found in on-line system
04/15/2013 INFO-PASS appointment

05/01/2013 NOA2 sent petition approved

NVC Stage...of course it has to be complicatedreading.gifrolleyes.gif

05/09/2013 Case received by NVC

05/23/2013 Received case #'s from NVC

05/23/2013 DS-3032 sent from husband's e-mail

06/03/2013 First day I can not access payment portal

06/04/2013 AOS Fee invoiced and payment made

06/04/2013 DS-3032 resent with Supervisor Review

06/05/2013 DS-3032 acceptance e-mail

06/05/2013 AOS Fee shows "PAID"

06/06/2013 AOS package express mailed

06/07/2013 IV bill invoiced and payment made (still waiting on documents from Hubby)

06/08/2013 IV package express mailed

06/25/2013 IV reviewed - Checklist (2 errors, Birth document & date on DS-230)

06/26/2013 Requested supervisor review by e-mail & verbal request for birth document (fingers crossed)

06/27/2013 AOS accepted

06/28/2013 Checklist response sent for corrected DS-230 (I had my husband sign extra's just in-case)

08/02/2013 NVC requested a supervisor review on the checklist item over 20 business day window

08/05/2013 Case Complete!!! kicking.gif

08/27/2013 Interview Assigned

10/30/2013 Interview

11/04/2013 Pick up Passport

11/12/2013 POE @ JFK

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well, he got approved, but they need him to bring them a I 864a from my stepfather, because he co-mingles assets with my mom, who is the joint sponsor.. And here's something that totally baffles me- they want him to have a second physical exam. He just had the first one last week! So we have to pay for that ####### a second time! Anyone have a clue why they'd do that?!

They really grilled him. He was the very last person in the room, and waited 4 hours to be seen. They asked him about my work history, my education, his relationship with our daughter, my favorite food, about my mother's second marriage, my criminal record, why I didn't finish college, about my ex husband and our marriage.. and the kicker- what he doesn't like about me. He told them he doesn't like that "I b%tch and complain too much, like my mother" :rofl: That made them laugh :lol: He was interviewed by 2 women, one he said looked Moroccan but had an American accent, and he said a woman with light red hair stood behind her and commiserated with her during the interview. Several times, they asked him to sit in the waiting area while they discussed further lines of questioning for him. It was tough, but he made it.. I'll post more details later...

Sarah

Edited by squeaky580

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.