Tenzin

Case Complete but No Visa available ?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No you will not get appointment date in 3-6 months, and even if you get it, what good is it? If there area no visa numbers available for you because of PD not being current. Plan for 2013 or 2014.

stop being negative. If an Appointment IS SCHEDULED then that means a visa is available. The NVC will not schedule an appointment if the case isnt current. Did yo know..?

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

stop being negative. If an Appointment IS SCHEDULED then that means a visa is available. The NVC will not schedule an appointment if the case isnt current. Did yo know..?

Rico,

I guess interview is nothing to do with PD current. You have to have visa number on country base availibity. I am sure you already read in the DOS website. :star: and also monthly base qoata will apply too.

Here is the link:

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/i485-fb/626575863/f2a-done-with-interview-waiting-for-visa-number

even it AOS process, but it still apply on coonsulate process too.

US CITIZENSHIP

12-20-2012: SENT N-400 APPLICATION

12-21-2012: RECEIVED N-400 APPLICATION

12-27-2012: CHECK CASHED

12-28-2012: NOA RECEIVED

01-08-2013: BIO-METRIC COMPLETED

01-14-2013: INTERVIEW IN LINE FOR SCHEDULED

04-10-2013: INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AT 7:30 AM, TAMPA OFFICE...APPROVED:)))

04-23-2013: OATH CEREMONY AT TAMPA 1 PM...FINALLY USC.....

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

No you will not get appointment date in 3-6 months, and even if you get it, what good is it? If there area no visa numbers available for you because of PD not being current. Plan for 2013 or 2014.

I hope my priority date will be current within few months. Now retrogression is going on thats why it moved back to Jan 2008. I think it will be back to normal within few months.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I hope my priority date will be current within few months. Now retrogression is going on thats why it moved back to Jan 2008. I think it will be back to normal within few months.

My gut feeling is that the PD will not go back to August 2010 within this FY (i.e. till Sept 2011). I'm sorry for everyone who has to wait (as I do), but this would be too good to be true, and this happens seldom in life.

If we are lucky, they will move into 2009 within this FY.

What I find is a pity that they messed up things so bad that they had to retrogress F2A by 2 years and 7 months. Those people who had interviews scheduled and got their medical done, only to find out during interview time that their PD was not current will have to get medicals done again (think of the expence).

Others with PDs in 2009 who acted fast already got Visas for their spouses, while other from early 2008 who got an RFE or were delayed due to police reports etc. are still waiting. This seems somewhat unfair also.

Of course, dashing peoples hopes is worst of all. It's different when you know there is no water, and when someone snatches the cup right about when you were going to drink.

My 2 cents.

@ Random , your observations are correct. The factors were: USCIS has successfully totally cut off their backlog and brought it into 5 months time-frame , congrats to these guys at Homeland Security , the back ground checking used to take almost one year and half and now it takes only one month and few days (will come to two weeks pretty soon)

Based on these there was a huge flooding of F2A petitions, now the poor guys at NVC are at a serious pressure to handle all of these qualified cases. So far they have almost finished with 2007. Hopefully all of these will be done by June 2011. I must thank them as they have reduced the average waiting time of 4 years & 4 months to 3 years. Hopefully next year the average waiting time for LPr will come up to 2 years , which is excellent.

Last 3 months I am sure they will be able to finish at least first few months of 2009 with the reserve visas, they have.

Let us be positive , rather than being cry babies !

Timeline

@ Abdul

I think its not about pressure. In 2009 to till Oct 2010 there was low applicant and therefore the visa availablity is more. But in recent months there was high demand in Family preference category ( high number of applicant) & visa availablity is less than applicant who applied.Thats why they Retrogress for serval months. Hope it will get back to normal within few months.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

@ Abdul

I think its not about pressure. In 2009 to till Oct 2010 there was low applicant and therefore the visa availablity is more. But in recent months there was high demand in Family preference category ( high number of applicant) & visa availablity is less than applicant who applied.Thats why they Retrogress for serval months. Hope it will get back to normal within few months.

hii,

i came across many who r waiting since very long... who are waiting to see their kids.... i wish them to be with them soon. i know it feels like getting stuck, but there r many who went thru worse than us... just pray to God, grant us strength to wait.....

gud luck!

@ Abdul

@tenzin,

Please tell us about your opinions on DOS link: http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/WaitingListItem.pdf

I would greatly appreciated it.:star:

US CITIZENSHIP

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

inshallah we will wait an seee

STUPID RETROGRSSION

FOR MY WIFE WHICH IS MY LIFE :-)

4/15/08--FILED 1-130

4/19/08--RECIPT

1/20/10--NOA1

8/15/10--TOUCHED

8/19/10--NOA2

2 YEAR 4 MONTHS I130 APPROVAL THANK GOD

9/07/10----NVC CASE # ASSIGNED

9/15/10----AOS FEE BILL AND IV FEE BILL RECIVED

9/18/10----AOS FEE BILL AND IV FEE BILL POSTED

9/27/10----AOS AND DS203 PACKAGE MAILED

10/01/10----ALL DOCS RECIVED BY NVC PER AVR

10/19/10----RFE FOR ORIGINAL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE IN URDU LANGUAGE ""SHOULD HAVE KNOWN"

11/06/10----RFE SENT AVR NOT UPDATED AS OF 11/09 WAITING FOR CASE COMPLETE

11/15/10----AVR SAYS RFE RECIVED... JUST WAITIN FOR CASE COMPLETE

11/17/10----CASE COMPLETE

08/30/11----INTERVIEW AT 8.00AM VISA WAS APPROVED 8/30/11 THANKYOU GOD AND EID MUBARAK

10/15/11----POE

00/00/11----LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER[/color]

Timeline

@tenzin,

Please tell us about your opinions on DOS link: http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/WaitingListItem.pdf

I would greatly appreciated it.:star:

Like i said the number of applicant for 2A - Spouses/Children in FY 2009 is 324,864 and the number of applicant in FY 2010 is 361,038, which is + 36,174 more in FY 2010.

The Family SECOND preference represents 20% of the total Family preference waiting list. It will receive 114,200 visa numbers for FY-2011, just over half of the 226,000 family preference total; 77% of SECOND preference numbers are provided to 2A applicants, while the remaining 23% go to the 2B class.

And they said 88,000 visa numbers are expected to be available during FY-2011 for 2A.

I'm lucky my country INDIA is not in top 5 countries highest 2A waiting list :D.

Edited by Tenzin

Like i said the number of applicant for 2A - Spouses/Children in FY 2009 is 324,864 and the number of applicant in FY 2010 is 361,038, which is + 36,174 more in FY 2010.

The Family SECOND preference represents 20% of the total Family preference waiting list. It will receive 114,200 visa numbers for FY-2011, just over half of the 226,000 family preference total; 77% of SECOND preference numbers are provided to 2A applicants, while the remaining 23% go to the 2B class.

And they said 88,000 visa numbers are expected to be available during FY-2011 for 2A.

I'm lucky my country INDIA is not in top 5 countries highest 2A waiting list :D.

You came to exact point that I have been telling all VJ'ers. Actually DOS aware about this matter long time back. I believed that DOS realy needs money thats why they moved PD forward but DOS didnt aware that same time USCIS came up with faster process the completed of I-130 application. It was realy big helped for those whose applied for adjustment status..atleast they are eligible for EAD card and AP for travel. But people like us who was waited for interview overseas consulate process got(****)!!!

PD always move like before it was( faked movement between March'10-Dec'10)...It was (NEVER internally moved)!!

I also noticed that DOS has been freezed issue interview date since september'2010. May be few of us sneaked away and got interview date..but NO VISA issued yet.

US CITIZENSHIP

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

You came to exact point that I have been telling all VJ'ers. Actually DOS aware about this matter long time back. I believed that DOS realy needs money thats why they moved PD forward but DOS didnt aware that same time USCIS came up with faster process the completed of I-130 application. It was realy big helped for those whose applied for adjustment status..atleast they are eligible for EAD card and AP for travel. But people like us who was waited for interview overseas consulate process got(****)!!!

PD always move like before it was( faked movement between March'10-Dec'10)...It was (NEVER internally moved)!!

I also noticed that DOS has been freezed issue interview date since september'2010. May be few of us sneaked away and got interview date..but NO VISA issued yet.

Actually I read someones post on another forum, F2A with a PD 1 Jan 2009, whose case completed Aug 25th and spouse was interviwed 4th Nov and issued visa. So it wasent "internally moved" only.

Actually I read someones post on another forum, F2A with a PD 1 Jan 2009, whose case completed Aug 25th and spouse was interviwed 4th Nov and issued visa. So it wasent "internally moved" only.

Could you please find the name of Vj'ers for me, I have been looking for some one PD 2009/2008 issued visa during the faked movement of VB.

Unfortunately, I knew couple of them...After interview date scheduled for them NO VISA or they are not updated any information on VJ timeline...

here is one for you:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/86878-kuraish/

His PD may/2008.. got interview on dec/2010..Intentionally put his wife on AP!! because of visa retrogression of Jan/2011.

US CITIZENSHIP

my dear Deshi bhai from Miami, i sympathize with your long waiting, you have waited so long, I dont find it so much depressive to wait few more months - like 6 months more

DOS is not supposed to process your applications for free , so they are charging you in a justified manner,

I130 fees goes to Homeland Security , and the Fee for 1864 goes to a 3rd contractor who checks the income statements and your affordability to sponsor someone. You dont have to pay the fee multiple times. besides they increased the fees and have enough Federal funding to maintain the NVC, KVC and all these Consulates. what makes you think they need money?

As i told you earlier, I have couple of friends working in US Embassy Dhaka. they are now processing 2007 , almost at the End , they did randomly process some 2008, 2009 before. No more now because of Current Date of Jan 2008. there is a huge caseload of DV applicants , so they cannot take so many Family based, you know DV has priority than F2A, as they have only a strict time frame to get the IV. USC citizens also have some priority. Wait till they finish 2007, may be in 2 months if DV caseloads are less in March.

DOS is so transparent that they even published the Retrogression vs. Visa Demand system. These are all done through some statistical tools, and the Consulates ability of numerical limits. Please focus on the Visa Bulletin and Statistics pages, all information is extremely transparent and given out there .

Very few people use the VJ and other forums to collect information. more few post their information here. So you cannot find the rather correct information but keep on pinching your chin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.