Brusik

ITIN Number

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

I was looking at W-7 form

It wanted my wife's signature or a delegate signature. My question if she is still in Georgia. Can I submit this form if I complete it for her.

I sign as the delegate??

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I was looking at W-7 form

It wanted my wife's signature or a delegate signature. My question if she is still in Georgia. Can I submit this form if I complete it for her.

I sign as the delegate??

Unless you have her actual passport in hand, it won't matter anyway.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Unless you have her actual passport in hand, it won't matter anyway.

Then what good is the form.. It has box for her foreign address..

Will a copy of her passport do, I read that it said to send supporting documents with w-7 form.

I would think copies of passport, birth cert. and marriage cert.

Timeline

Will a copy of her passport do, I read that it said to send supporting documents with w-7 form.

You "would" think that but it's wrong. You submit the actual passport or a "notarized or certified copy" of the passport. The rub comes in trying to get a notarized or certified copy. Generally, this means the passport is in your hands in the US and is taken to a notary or to an IRS office to be authenticated. I have a contact who is an IRS employee trying to see if there's any way around this for his own case but so far, no luck.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

You "would" think that but it's wrong. You submit the actual passport or a "notarized or certified copy" of the passport. The rub comes in trying to get a notarized or certified copy. Generally, this means the passport is in your hands in the US and is taken to a notary or to an IRS office to be authenticated. I have a contact who is an IRS employee trying to see if there's any way around this for his own case but so far, no luck.

Thx

W-7 form is basically useless for what I need.

Timeline

Thx

W-7 form is basically useless for what I need.

Exactly. What many do (I did.) was simply file as single (used the refund to finance second trip to China) and then a few months later, filed an amended return when she was here with her passport to get a bit more refund.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Exactly. What many do (I did.) was simply file as single (used the refund to finance second trip to China) and then a few months later, filed an amended return when she was here with her passport to get a bit more refund.

Married filing separately or just single......single never get money back lol

Timeline

Married filing separately or just single......single never get money back lol

I think you'll find married filing separately will need an SSN or ITIN as well. Whether you get money back depends on your circumstances. If you don't, you don't.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

yeah we got my wife one last year and sent them the passport after they denied my first claim cause it was a notarized copy from the issuing agency in Philippines and low and behold they lost it. But at least i got an extra 2 grand out of the deal. And we have since got her passport replaced so when she has her interview everything will go smoothly.

worst case you can always wait and amend it later when she gets her ssn

Timeline

yeah we got my wife one last year and sent them the passport after they denied my first claim cause it was a notarized copy from the issuing agency in Philippines and low and behold they lost it. But at least i got an extra 2 grand out of the deal. And we have since got her passport replaced so when she has her interview everything will go smoothly.

worst case you can always wait and amend it later when she gets her ssn

I should be like that TV commercial "it's my money and I want it now"

:bonk::whistle:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

usually a USEmbassy overseas can make the proper 'notorized copy' of the passport, and also stamp any W-7 document.

If it's something to do for you, filing a joint return for TY2010, then by all means, do the W-7 - but remember the 1040 and W-7 plus all forms are sent in via postal mail to the special W-7 address in Austin, TX - no e-file for you, this first year.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Passport is not the only supporting document. See the link:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/iw7.pdf

If you submit an original valid passport (or a notarized or certified copy of a valid passport), you do not need to submit any other documents. Otherwise, you must submit at least two of the documents listed below. The documents must be current*, verify your identity (that is, contain your name).... and there is a list of supporting documents that you can send such as drivers license, birth certificate, voter id, etc...

Last time i came back, i took my wife's birth certificate with me and now i am planning to tell my wife to mail me the voter id because losing a voter id in mail is better than losing a passport. So that i will have both original documents and i can get them notarized in US for W7.

usually a USEmbassy overseas can make the proper 'notorized copy' of the passport, and also stamp any W-7 document.

From the link above: "Consular offices at U.S. Embassies and Consulates overseas may not certify true copies of foreign public documents and will refer applicants to the foreign authority that issued the document"

I am almost out of TSC blackhole.

Marriage : 2010-06-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-07-14

Transferred to Blackhole : 2010-11-02

NOA2 : Feb 15, 2011

NVC:

2/25/11 - received case number, IIN, and gave e-mail IDs.

2/25/11 - Send DS-3032 E-mail

2/28/11 - I-864 (AOS) bill invoiced and paid

3/01/11 - AOS payment status "PAID"

3/02/11 - DS-3032 : Email accepted

3/04/11 - IV bill invoiced (e-mail at 2:30 AM) and paid

3/07/11 - IV payment status "PAID"

3/08/11 - AOS and IV packet sent

3/22/11 - AOS in the system and reviewed that triggered false RFE for IV packet

3/28/11 - DS-230 in the system and SIF

3/29/11 - Case Completed at NVC

4/13/11 - Interview date assigned

5/17/11 - Interview- Approved

5/18/11 - Passport & Visa Picked up from VFS Delhi

5/31/11 - POE (JFK)

visajourney.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

As posted above there is certainly a way around it:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/iw7.pdf

I am almost out of TSC blackhole.

Marriage : 2010-06-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-07-14

Transferred to Blackhole : 2010-11-02

NOA2 : Feb 15, 2011

NVC:

2/25/11 - received case number, IIN, and gave e-mail IDs.

2/25/11 - Send DS-3032 E-mail

2/28/11 - I-864 (AOS) bill invoiced and paid

3/01/11 - AOS payment status "PAID"

3/02/11 - DS-3032 : Email accepted

3/04/11 - IV bill invoiced (e-mail at 2:30 AM) and paid

3/07/11 - IV payment status "PAID"

3/08/11 - AOS and IV packet sent

3/22/11 - AOS in the system and reviewed that triggered false RFE for IV packet

3/28/11 - DS-230 in the system and SIF

3/29/11 - Case Completed at NVC

4/13/11 - Interview date assigned

5/17/11 - Interview- Approved

5/18/11 - Passport & Visa Picked up from VFS Delhi

5/31/11 - POE (JFK)

visajourney.gif

Timeline

If it's something to do for you, filing a joint return for TY2010, then by all means, do the W-7 - but remember the 1040 and W-7 plus all forms are sent in via postal mail to the special W-7 address in Austin, TX - no e-file for you, this first year.

Good Luck !

Try getting the foreign spouse into a US Consulate to get a passport copy notarized. Like I said, the petitioner needs the passport in hand. If it's carried to a Consulate, great, but it would be in the USC's hand when that happens. I don't think a Consulate will authenticate a foreign passport though. If there's an IRS office in the foreign city, they will.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Have her send you a notarized and apostilled photocopy of her passport bio page. Georgia belongs to the Hague Conference and will issue an apostille for a notarized document.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.