Danno

CAN VJers VOICE OPINIONs ON IMMIGRATION POLICY?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

When has a thread ever been locked because you disagreed with current immigration law or policy? URLs, please.

(the locked thread you are referring to in your original post was locked due to TOS violations. see TOS for details.)

ETA: Starting a new thread to discuss a locked thread is also a TOS violation. Reported.

1. The thread I commented on wasn't locked, locked it was kinda closed and in review.

2. as for the earlier thread which was I referred to, it was months ago.... I don't keep score as carefully as some so I wouldn't know where to start to search for it (if I cared to).

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Two threads are currently closed for review. Both were closed for review due to receiving a high number of reports for TOS violations in both threads and nothing to do with individuals expressing personal comments about immigration, unless such comments were worded in such a way as to violate TOS. Both threads are currently still under review and when review is finished will either re-open with offending posts removed or remain closed. A statement will be posted in either situation.

It is a TOS violation to re-start a thread previously closed for TOS violations or even closed for review as that thread may end up remaining closed for TOS violations. In such circumstances it is best to be patient and wait for a decision. In both these threads that decision is unlikely to come before tomorrow due to moderator time constraints.

So, to answer the question in the title of this thread, yes, VJers can voice opinions on immigration as long as they do so without violating TOS.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!