Emmet+Jonathan

about the affadavit of support

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi!

So we just got married, wiiiii! what a awesome day, incredible!! and now the journey with the visa really starts... I've been reading all these papers, treads and instructions so I feel somehow less confused, and somehow not! so much information and advices.. So here's what I'm wondering about:

1. My husband (!!) did not make enough money the past three years to on his own act as the sponsor, I just read in one of the posts here though that it's ok anyhow if he makes enough now and in time for the interview? He has a full time job and does make above poverty limits and as soon as I have an EAD I will start working too!

2. If finding a joint sponsor does he need to make above the poverty limits or is it enough if their income together would be able to support me? (we're all artists and musicians, why the income ain't that high ;)

3. Also (and sorry, I do realise it might not be easy to answer but..) My VWA is expiring the 31st of January, we hope to be able to send the AOS package in with UPS on Monday the 17th at the latest, that should be sufficient time for it all to get notified as recieved right?!

Would be thankful for some guidance!

:)

JANUARY 18th AOS FILED

JANUARY 29th NOA1

FEBRUARY 18th I-485 TOUCHED

FEBRUARY 24th BIOMETRICS

MARCH 2nd SCHEDULED FOR INTERVIEW 6TH OF APRIL

MARCH 10th EAD APPROVED

MARCH 10th I-131 APPROVED

MARCH 16th EAD TOUCHED

MARCH 18th EAD RECEIVED IN MAIL

APRIL 6th INTERVIEW

APRIL 15th GREEN CARD APPROVED

jFddm8.png

dYoam8.png

Timeline

Hi!

So we just got married, wiiiii! what a awesome day, incredible!! and now the journey with the visa really starts... I've been reading all these papers, treads and instructions so I feel somehow less confused, and somehow not! so much information and advices.. So here's what I'm wondering about:

1. My husband (!!) did not make enough money the past three years to on his own act as the sponsor, I just read in one of the posts here though that it's ok anyhow if he makes enough now and in time for the interview? He has a full time job and does make above poverty limits and as soon as I have an EAD I will start working too! (does it makes a difference what contry you're from? me being swedish, who are kind of known to have a very good health care, school and social help for free.. I mean if I'd plan to live of the goverment, (which I've never have btw!) it would be a lot easier doing so in Sweden!)

2. If finding a joint sponsor does he need to make above the poverty limits or is it enough if their income together would be able to support me? (we're all artists and musicians, why the income ain't that high ;)

3. Also (and sorry, I do realise it might not be easy to answer but..) My VWA is expiring the 31st of January, we hope to be able to send the AOS package in with UPS on Monday the 17th at the latest, that should be sufficient time for it all to get notified as recieved right?!

4. The affidavits of our bonafide, is there an example around that show how long and detailed it has to be? Can it be more about the actual relationship or is it solely focused on the marriage? We're planning to send in at least 3 of these and we have a bunch of pictures documenting our life in all the three continents we've lived at during our 11 months relationship (before we got married) so that should be enough right?! Also got flight tickets, tons of emails and facebook messages! Maybe the photos and corresponding is enough actually?!

Would be thankful for some guidance!

JANUARY 18th AOS FILED

JANUARY 29th NOA1

FEBRUARY 24th BIOMETRICS

MARCH 10th EAD APPROVED

MARCH 16th EAD TOUCHED

APRIL 6th INTERVIEW

jFddm8.png

dYoam8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1) Yes as long as current and future income is above 125% then should be enough, this is why past 6 months and employer letter are suggested to be attached to the I-864..

2) No Joint sponsor will need to be making at least 125% of poverty line. The only way an income is added to a sponsor's or Joint sponsor's is if a member of household adds income by using I-864A, this is only for members of household..

3) Marriage on VWP can be troublesome, a discussion earlier: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/289803-married-for-almost-a-year-but-no-aos-filed/page__view__findpost__p__4392411

I recommend to use one US agency (USPS the Post Office) to deliver to the other agency (USCIS)

4) http://www.visajourney.com/examples/USCIS_I751_Affidavit.doc ( Yes this is for removal of conditions, but this can be used to get an Idea.)

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

His current income should be sufficient, but worse case scenario if you try on his own, they might send you an RFE for a co-sponsor. I'd try on his own and have a co-sponsor ready in case. You have the option to show either the last 3 years' tax returns, or last year's only.

The co-sponsor needs to make the poverty line on his/her own.

What is WVA? Did you enter on the Visa Waiver Program or is that a different acronym. It can take a few weeks to be noted as received, but it is usually around 5 business days or so.

If you did enter on the Visa Waiver Program with the intent to marry and then immigrate, that is visa fraud, btw. Maybe I am misreading what you are trying to say.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

His current income should be sufficient, but worse case scenario if you try on his own, they might send you an RFE for a co-sponsor. I'd try on his own and have a co-sponsor ready in case. You have the option to show either the last 3 years' tax returns, or last year's only.

The co-sponsor needs to make the poverty line on his/her own.

What is WVA? Did you enter on the Visa Waiver Program or is that a different acronym. It can take a few weeks to be noted as received, but it is usually around 5 business days or so.

If you did enter on the Visa Waiver Program with the intent to marry and then immigrate, that is visa fraud, btw. Maybe I am misreading what you are trying to say.

COOL, Thank you so much Harpa and Yu!

I entered on the VWA (Visa Waivers Program, sorry about that wva) me just graduating and Jonathan have been traveling with me during my studies last year, (Argentina, Germnay and Sweden) So when I came back to the states after us being parted another 6 weeks it was with the intention of figuring out how we where gonna continue our life together! We didn't know about the AOS existence until I asked the question here on visajourney, we were sure we had to be parted again which we didn't want to! We did decide to get married 8 weeks in to our relationship solely for love! which is rad! me never even wanting to marry before! when finding out about the aos we did speed things up a bit more than I guess we would have if we'd been citizens in the same country! But there's not one single microscoping intention of fraud involved!!!

JANUARY 18th AOS FILED

JANUARY 29th NOA1

FEBRUARY 24th BIOMETRICS

MARCH 10th EAD APPROVED

MARCH 16th EAD TOUCHED

APRIL 6th INTERVIEW

jFddm8.png

dYoam8.png

Timeline

COOL, Thank you so much Harpa and Yu!

I entered on the VWA (Visa Waivers Program, sorry about that wva) me just graduating and Jonathan have been traveling with me during my studies last year, (Argentina, Germnay and Sweden) So when I came back to the states after us being parted another 6 weeks it was with the intention of figuring out how we where gonna continue our life together! We didn't know about the AOS existence until I asked the question here on visajourney, we were sure we had to be parted again which we didn't want to! We did decide to get married 8 weeks in to our relationship solely for love! which is rad! me never even wanting to marry before! when finding out about the aos we did speed things up a bit more than I guess we would have if we'd been citizens in the same country! But there's not one single microscoping intention of fraud involved!!!

VWP!!! sorry again! don't know why I do that??!

JANUARY 18th AOS FILED

JANUARY 29th NOA1

FEBRUARY 24th BIOMETRICS

MARCH 10th EAD APPROVED

MARCH 16th EAD TOUCHED

APRIL 6th INTERVIEW

jFddm8.png

dYoam8.png

Congrats on your marriage! Send off that application ASAP! Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thread moved from AOS from Family Based Visa to AOS from Work, Student & Tourist Visa as OP is adjusting from a VWP Tourist visa

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.