David and Marina

Formal Congressional Inquiry Petition Link

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Ok, so I might just be a regular US Citizen that was told to "wait in line" by USCIS. However, at this point I am extremely frustrated and tired. Regardless if I am approved soon or not (God, let's hope so), I wanted to start and do something about these long waits. It breaks my heart to know that based on locality (VSC versus CSC) your application could get approved in less than a month or take 6 months or longer.

I started a petition online, and with as many VJ'ers that are involved with this forumn and probably have friends as well in the same/similar situations. Yes, I know this is a simple start, but I am extremely hopeful and optomistic that eventually this petition could have thousands of signatures so that we can get USCIS to be accountable and to actually allow greet people with the "open arms, not long lines" that is spouted off at the political mouth.

Anyway, here is to us, let's see how many people are willing to help a little and give it support.

Petition Link: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/USCIS/petition.html

David and Marina

USCIS Accountability Starts Here With Your Help!

http://www.petitiononline.com/USCIS/petition.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ok, so I might just be a regular US Citizen that was told to "wait in line" by USCIS. However, at this point I am extremely frustrated and tired. Regardless if I am approved soon or not (God, let's hope so), I wanted to start and do something about these long waits. It breaks my heart to know that based on locality (VSC versus CSC) your application could get approved in less than a month or take 6 months or longer.

I started a petition online, and with as many VJ'ers that are involved with this forumn and probably have friends as well in the same/similar situations. Yes, I know this is a simple start, but I am extremely hopeful and optomistic that eventually this petition could have thousands of signatures so that we can get USCIS to be accountable and to actually allow greet people with the "open arms, not long lines" that is spouted off at the political mouth.

Anyway, here is to us, let's see how many people are willing to help a little and give it support.

Petition Link: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/USCIS/petition.html

I share your concerns. However, I think I'd go directly to members of Congress. I suspect that they are the ones who would start a Congressional Investigation. Also, they are up for election, Bush is not. Finally, I suggest focussing on a long term solution, rather than the short-term IMBRA mess. I suggest urging all members of Congress to push for a 45 day turn around for all centers for K1s.

Tom

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

I agree.

Hency why it says "In 2003, Mr. Eduardo Aguirre (former USCIS Director) and you stated, "Legal immigrants should be greeted with open arms, not long lines." In addition, you set forth goals in 2001 to have all processing of applications take six months or less with the "Backlog Elimination Plan" at USCIS.

It is evident that there is no accountability at the USCIS. The following people in this petition request that a Congressional Inquiry be placed on USCIS practices and procedures."

Timeframe for ALL petitions: 6 months or less (let's face it, we aren't the only petitioners who are waiting longer than 6 months).

I personally don't want to put a timeframe on specific visa's, that should be for those that actually make the law.

Directed at President Bush because HE is the one who appointed and appoints USCIS Directors.

Edited by David and Marina

David and Marina

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

This petition should not only be linked to from VJ. I´m sure there are many couples in other forums similar to VJ, like us going through this long process of waiting and not getting any information and they maybe would like to put their signature on that petition too.

04-28 We met online for the first time

05-22 First meeting in person in Dallas, TX

01-03 Rico gets his B2 visa

02-28 Rico comes back to TX for a 6 months visit

09-26 Paula Jo comes back to Germany and stays until end of October

12-08 Rico comes back to TX and stays until February 20, 2006

04-13 Paula Jo has mailed off Petition I-129F to TSC

04-17 Petition I-129F arrived with TSC in Mesquite, TX

04-21 NOA 1 (Paula Jo receives it on 04-26)

05-10 Paula Jo comes to Germany and stays until June 9

06-30 IMBRA RFE 1 arrives

07-03 IMBRA RFE mailed back

08-24 Received RFE #2

08-28 Mailed off RFE#2 requested papers

09-11 Updated and NOA2 FINALLY APPROVED!

10-03 NVC received our case

10-05 Our case left NVC for consulat in Frankfurt/Germany

10-10 our case arrived with consulat in Frankfurt

10-14 Rico received package #3

10-17 Rico sent back package #3

10-26 Rico got medical exam done in Frankfurt. Still waiting for interview date

11-01 Rico received package # 4

11-09 Rico had interview and visa got approved

11-29 Rico received Visa in the mail

12-13 We arrive together in TX

01-10 Rico applied for SSN

01-20 Rico received his SSN Card

01-25 OUR WEDDING DAY

I completely agree, there are probably several other popular forums. And as I stated I think the IMBRA thing brought to light the incompetence of USCIS as a whole. I realize we aren't the only ones waiting an extraordinary amount of time. I hope we can get other filers to also join in, and realize this could affect them.

As I said, regardless if I get approved, I am goingto see this through. Please feel free to send the link to your friends or others you know who have been or are going through the process.

David and Marina

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I went ahead and signed your petition. It absolutely sucks that the California Service Center is taking so long. Not only that, but they are also being random in who they approve. I seen a few applications from May being approved where March and April petitions are still waiting. I would not mind the wait as long as they were treating people equally. The fact that Vermont approves most applications sooner than California is also another sore spot. If Vermont is so far ahead, why can't they transfer some California applications over there?

By the way David, I noticed that we had very similar timelines up until my NOA-2 on August 1. I pray that you are approved soon. I know that the holidays are right around the corner. When I first applied for the K-1, I was estimating her arrival to be in early September, not 2 months later. Best of luck with the petition and thank you for your effort.

March 29, 2006: mailed the I-129f form after getting all the documents translated and prepared

April 07, 2006: NOA-1

June 30, 2006: IMBRA RFE received by me

July 07, 2006: IMBRA RFE received by CSC

Aug 01, 2006: NOA-2

Aug 15, 2006: receipt from NVC stating they have the approved petition

Aug 25, 2006: email from US Embassy in Moscow, interview scheduled for Oct 16 @ 8:00 am

Sep 29, 2006: packet 3 finally received at old address even though we notified the NVC and Moscow Embassy of the new address.

October 16, 2006: Interview She passed

October 26, 2006: Arrival Date in the United States

November 09, 2006: Married

January 01, 2007: Moved from Florida to Kansas City (job related, not by choice)

January 12, 2007: Mailed paperwork for AOS, EAD, travel

January 18, 2007: Chicago received petitions

February 06, 2007: Biometrics appointment

I suggest writing or contacting your Senator or Congressman directly. I did this for my complaint about the USCIS office in Manila and got my written apology via mail in 30 days. They can ignore a tax paying citizen, but not the politicians that appoint them tothe embassy staff. Payato

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

Timeline

We have signed earlier today too. we will do all we can do to make those people waking up a bit and them to hopefully get some fire made under their butts because it´s not their lives that gets wasted on endelss waiting times, it´s our lives and our times we actually already could spend witn our fiance(e´) in a happy relationship or even marriage. I bet at 4:00p.m. they go home to tehir loved ones and nobody does really care about how we feel like when we have to be apart from who we love so much and we want to be together with.

I hope the list of signatures will get endless long, at least same as endless long las the waiting times are on getting approved!

08-24 Received RFE #2

01-25 OUR WEDDING DAY

We have signed earlier today too. we will do all we can do to make those people waking up a bit and them to hopefully get some fire made under their butts because it´s not their lives that gets wasted on endelss waiting times, it´s our lives and our times we actually already could spend witn our fiance(e´) in a happy relationship or even marriage. I bet at 4:00p.m. they go home to tehir loved ones and nobody does really care about how we feel like when we have to be apart from who we love so much and we want to be together with.

I hope the list of signatures will get endless long, at least same as endless long las the waiting times are on getting approved!

The list is getting longer. I wrote my Congressman two weeks ago. USCIS keeps them in the dark also, and there isn't really anything they can do to "push" any of the cases along. I am really optomistic we can get 1000+ signatures...i have a strong feeling if we can get them people WILL HAVE to listen. I know a few people in the news media outlets, as I am sure other people do also, and we CAN DO this.

David and Marina

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
The list is getting longer. I wrote my Congressman two weeks ago. USCIS keeps them in the dark also, and there isn't really anything they can do to "push" any of the cases along. I am really optomistic we can get 1000+ signatures...i have a strong feeling if we can get them people WILL HAVE to listen. I know a few people in the news media outlets, as I am sure other people do also, and we CAN DO this.

I'm posting this everywhere it's appropriate and I think people will care enough...

I wrote a letter that's designed to compliment your efforts and am posting it on VJ.

Dan & Sheryl (Twin Cities, MN and Calgary, AB Canada)

Feb 29 2004 - Met on LiveJournal.com

July 25 2005 - Things start to get 'romantic'

Nov 11 2005 - Met in person

Dec 31 2005 - Engaged

March 6 2006 - I-129F sent

March 9 2006 - I-129F NOA1

June 10 Case Transfered to CSC - assured by USCIS that NOA1 date would be honored

July 3 2006 - IMBRA RFE in the mail

July 5 2006 - RFE sent with extra evidence (plane tickets, receipts, letters, emails, photos)

July 10 2006 - RFE received

Aug 8 2006 - Congressional inquiry - told 129F cases are processed based on IMBRA RFE

Sept 20 2006 - Called DHS - Was told another RFE was sent three weeks ago

Sept 21 2006 - Local USCIS office claims RFE is a request for 'initial' evidence - RFE must be lost or was never actually sent.

Sept 22 2006 - Congressional inquiry #2- told "We are working on your case, please allow 60 days" ARGGHH

Sept 26 2006 - 6 touches from all my investigating

Oct 16 2006 - Finally received the RFE that's been holding up our case. It's the IMBRA RFE that we already sent in and was verified received!

Oct 17 2006 - Senator Mark Dayton's office finally gets USCIS to pull out petition for special processing.

Oct 24 2006 - FINALLY APPROVED!

Jan 18 2007 - Interview in Vancouver / K-1 received

Jan 23 2007 - Sheryl enters the US with me

Feb 17 2007 - Wedding!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You might also want to include the USCIS Ombudsman. All of his prior Reports to Congress suggest change, attempt to implement change and are aware of the changes that need to be made but aren't.

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

The best way is to put it on the media. We need to encourage the media to talk about it more than stupid guest worker prgrms.

ARR.jpgaug06ayeshaB.jpg

Meeting Online: Yahoo chartroom Aug 2001.

Direct meeting & marriage: Dec 2003 USA, NY

I-130 petition in DCFR Tokyo: March 14th 2004. Case reffered to DHS USCIS

Four visits to japan in 2004: Oct 2004, wife got pragnant.

Wife/Fiance left USA and moved into Japan: Feb 5th 2005.

Baby Born: June 24th 2005(Japan)

I-130 denied: July 17 2005(Divorce was declared not valid)

Refiling Divorce: oJuly 17th 2005 NY State.

Divorce granted: Nov 17th 2005

K-1 application: Mar 1st 2006

Approval: May 23rd 2006

US consulate RFE: June 15th 2006

FRE sent (Original passports, birth certificate, all origional docs): July 10th 2006

Medical: Oct 11th 2006.

Interview: Nov 10th 2006(expected)

Timeline

Where are all the signatures of the members of this forum? I would think just on VJ are waiting more than 21 couples waiting for them to get approved finally. Not even to mention all those people they come and surf through this forum trying to find all kind of infomations but aren´t registered with VJ.

The more signatures we can collect the more they will have to open their ears and them to take actions concerning the problem of the eternal long waiting times for getting approved for a K-1 visa (especially with CSC).

What do we have to lose if we sign this petition? NOTHING! We actually only can win something! And if we won´t be the ones who really will be able to see any afflections anymore so maybe at least all those couples will, they still will have to go through this journey after we all might be approved yet. We for sure don´t wish to anyone they might have to wait as long as we have to wait on our approvals for now.

So folks. show a bit courage! Sign now!

08-24 Received RFE #2

01-25 OUR WEDDING DAY

Where are all the signatures of the members of this forum? I would think just on VJ are waiting more than 21 couples waiting for them to get approved finally. Not even to mention all those people they come and surf through this forum trying to find all kind of infomations but aren´t registered with VJ.

The more signatures we can collect the more they will have to open their ears and them to take actions concerning the problem of the eternal long waiting times for getting approved for a K-1 visa (especially with CSC).

What do we have to lose if we sign this petition? NOTHING! We actually only can win something! And if we won´t be the ones who really will be able to see any afflections anymore so maybe at least all those couples will, they still will have to go through this journey after we all might be approved yet. We for sure don´t wish to anyone they might have to wait as long as we have to wait on our approvals for now.

So folks. show a bit courage! Sign now!

I concur. There is nothing lost in signin this petition. In fact, I am sending it to my friends also, as the have seen the heartache this entire process causes people, and they understand the immigration debate that much more.

David and Marina

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.