6 posts in this topic

I just want to see if i have got everything in order. If i have missed anything else out please let me know. Thanks.

AOS

cover letter

G-1145 form

I-485

copy of birth cert (mines)

copy of k1 visa in passport/USA entry stamp date

2 passport photos

I-693- vaccinations only

copy DS-3025- vaccinations record

G-325A Biographic information

I-864 Affidavit of support (from husband)

I-864 Affidavit of support (co-sponsor sis in-law)

Copy Federal income tax return 2009 with W-2 (sis in-law)

Copy federal income tax return 2008 with W-2 (sis in-law)

Copy federal income tax return 2007 with W-2 (sis in-law)

Copy of pay slips

Copy of letter from employer

Copy of I-797

Copy of marriage cert

Copy of I-94

Photocopy of passport biographical details

I have a couple of questions, 1: Do i need to supply 1099 with the federal income tax returns? My sis in-law files her returns jointly with her husband.

2: Do i need to put in a copy of my husband's & sis in-law's birth cert?

AP

cover letter

G-1145

I-131

Copy of K1 visa in passport

2 passport photos

Copy of marriage cert

Photocopy of passport biographical details

Another question, Do i need to put a letter stating why i need a Travel Document?

AED

Cover letter

G-1145

I-765

2 passport photos

Copy of marriage cert

Copy of I-94

Photocopy of biographical details

We first met online 2004, but things started to get serious in Dec 2007. Made my first visit to the USA in march 2008 for 2 weeks. Then returned again in Aug 2008 for 3 months.. Then i came back to the UK for 5 months to return back to the USA April 2009 for another 3months.

TIMELINE

I-129f filed: 06/01/10

NOA1 received: 07/01/10

NOA2 received: 13/04/10

NVC received: 16/04/10

Left NVC: 19/04/10

Consulate Received: 21/04/10

Rec Instructions Pkt3: 23/04/10

Complete Instructions Pkt3: 24/05/10

Rec App. Letter Pkt4: 09/06/10

Medical Date: 30/06/10

Interview Date: 30/07/10

Interview Results: APPROVED

Received Visa: 13/08/10

Entered USA: 30/09/2010

Marriage: 24/10/2010

Filed AOS,EAD & AP: 10/01/2011

Received NOA1: 18/01/2011

Biometrics App. 25/02/2011

AOS: Transferred to California 14/02/2011

AOS & EAD: Approved

Received Greencard: 18/03/2011

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yes to 1099's, schedules etc. IRS tax transcripts are better than returns.

AP - no. There's no letter stating why you need the travel document.

There's an AOS thread in my signature that has the entire document list for AOS, EAD and AP.

Yes to 1099's, schedules etc. IRS tax transcripts are better than returns.

AP - no. There's no letter stating why you need the travel document.

There's an AOS thread in my signature that has the entire document list for AOS, EAD and AP.

Hi there this is what i found after doing some research about the 1099. Tell me if this is correct or not? So would that mean i don't have to supply them the 1099? Sorry i don't really understand the tax system here find it all to confusing being from the UK..

Bimik: a 1099 is a tax form needed when you have your "own company", meaning that if he was paid "outside of the normal payroll system", he will have to report that income based on a "1099" form... so, if he works for a Company and does not do other type of work, don't worry about it, he wont have a 1099.

What you are including is fine if he does not have a 1099. State taxes are not necessary to include but it wont hurt anybody if you do...

Here is a link to the IRS site to get the "Tax transcripts", I recommend you to ask NOW for the last 3 years just in case of getting another RFE about it (it takes about 10 to 15 days to get the tax transcripts (they are free)(tax trasncripts will give them everthing they need to shut up about it) you can also call the 800 number to ask for them.

We first met online 2004, but things started to get serious in Dec 2007. Made my first visit to the USA in march 2008 for 2 weeks. Then returned again in Aug 2008 for 3 months.. Then i came back to the UK for 5 months to return back to the USA April 2009 for another 3months.

TIMELINE

I-129f filed: 06/01/10

NOA1 received: 07/01/10

NOA2 received: 13/04/10

NVC received: 16/04/10

Left NVC: 19/04/10

Consulate Received: 21/04/10

Rec Instructions Pkt3: 23/04/10

Complete Instructions Pkt3: 24/05/10

Rec App. Letter Pkt4: 09/06/10

Medical Date: 30/06/10

Interview Date: 30/07/10

Interview Results: APPROVED

Received Visa: 13/08/10

Entered USA: 30/09/2010

Marriage: 24/10/2010

Filed AOS,EAD & AP: 10/01/2011

Received NOA1: 18/01/2011

Biometrics App. 25/02/2011

AOS: Transferred to California 14/02/2011

AOS & EAD: Approved

Received Greencard: 18/03/2011

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi there this is what i found after doing some research about the 1099. Tell me if this is correct or not? So would that mean i don't have to supply them the 1099? Sorry i don't really understand the tax system here find it all to confusing being from the UK..

Bimik: a 1099 is a tax form needed when you have your "own company", meaning that if he was paid "outside of the normal payroll system", he will have to report that income based on a "1099" form... so, if he works for a Company and does not do other type of work, don't worry about it, he wont have a 1099.

What you are including is fine if he does not have a 1099. State taxes are not necessary to include but it wont hurt anybody if you do...

Here is a link to the IRS site to get the "Tax transcripts", I recommend you to ask NOW for the last 3 years just in case of getting another RFE about it (it takes about 10 to 15 days to get the tax transcripts (they are free)(tax trasncripts will give them everthing they need to shut up about it) you can also call the 800 number to ask for them.

If you don't have 1099's then you don't need them... but if you do have them then you need them. I'f you're not sure, then what I would recommend is finding your local IRS office and going in (he would have to) and requesting his IRS transcripts for 2007, 2008 and 2009. He should get them there and then. If you can't get to a local office (or it's not "local" at all) and have access to a fax they can fax them to you OR you can just wait for the post (up to 2 weeks).

This way you're sure. Otherwise you can just send what you have and wait and see when they want anything else.

Here is a Q&A on what a 1099 is: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-1099-form.htm

**Edit - don't know where you got that from but the form SPECIFICALLY states not to include state tax returns. I wouldn't include it even though your quote says it can't hurt.. they say specifically not to, that much mean they REALLY don't want it so I wouldn't ignore that. As you can read from the Q&A I posted the quote isn't exactly correct... he doesn't need his own company but if the employer treats him like a contractor he might have one... IRS transcripts ARE the safest option.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

You are missing proof of US status for your sister-in-law, which might be a passport of a birth certificate. I guess you need to same for your husband too, as the main sponsor, although they may have that held over from the K-1, that I don't know.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Ohhhhhhh, dammit. That's what my recent RFE is going to be for. My co-sponsor's proof of citizenship. Gawd, that was stupid coz I provided it for the I-134. Now I have to wait for the hardcopy RFE to arrive and then get it all sent off again. Reedonkulous.

Sorry, hijack over! lol

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.