optimus1234

HELP! about family-based immigration

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Can anyone give me an idea of which stage I am in the overall immigration procedure.

Basically my uncle in new york (US citizen) has filed the petition for permanent residency of his sister (my mother). I think the petition has already been approved. So far we have received a letter asking us to submit the DS-230 (part I) and police verification to NATIONAL VISA CENTER ATTN. CMR 31 ROCHESTER AVENUE, STE 100 PORTSMOUTH, NH 03801-2914.

Can anyone please tell me what are the next procedures left and how much longer we will have to wait.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Can anyone give me an idea of which stage I am in the overall immigration procedure.

Basically my uncle in new york (US citizen) has filed the petition for permanent residency of his sister (my mother). I think the petition has already been approved. So far we have received a letter asking us to submit the DS-230 (part I) and police verification to NATIONAL VISA CENTER ATTN. CMR 31 ROCHESTER AVENUE, STE 100 PORTSMOUTH, NH 03801-2914.

Can anyone please tell me what are the next procedures left and how much longer we will have to wait.

I find that reading the timeline of other VJ members helps you determing where you are, and what comes next. as for how much longer you have to wait, every country is different so look into the portal for your country and read the timeline of members from your country and you may get a better Idea of what the wait times are like.

If they have requested for DS-230 (i thought part 1 and II go together?) then your case is current and already rolling. Has the affidavit of support been filed and the Immigrant Visa fee paid?

Goodluck!

May your VJ be a fruitful one! Dad petition for Nne Visa type: Family Based 2APD - Jan 27, 20071st interview..12/14/2010Appointment for DNA Collection in Nig..March 30,2011VISA GRANTED!!!!!!!!! No questions...May 23rd, 2011Mom petition for DuumVisa type: Family Based 2BPD...............May 21, 2005Approval notice..June 10, 2009Received Choice of Agent.........October 15, 2010Mailed CoA to NVC................Dec 17, 2010IV bill generated................Jan 04, 2011IV bill & AOS bill rec'd & paid..Jan 10, 2011AOS mailed to NVC................Jan 14, 2011IV packet mailed to NVC..........Feb 01, 2011IV packet received by NVC........Feb 14, 2011Case completed at NVC............Feb 23rd, 2011Interview...................................June 14, 2013 DNA sample collection for July 8Visa approval upon receipt of DNA result.. Now in the USA! (Sept, 2013)<p>Dad petition for ZeeVisa type: Family Based 2B - Upgraded to F1 12/2011PD...............Jan 27,2007 Approval notice..Aug 06, 2009, Rec'd COA & AOS request 12/16/2011 3/14/2014 interview.. visa granted! Dad for Kay FB2 - Upgraded to F1 12/2011 PD..........March 28, 2008Approval notice........Oct 27, 2009, Interview for 01/21/2016. Visa granted! no DNA requested!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

optimus1234

I have created an exclusive post for F4 category in this forum. You can click the below link and post ur queries there..:thumbs:

All F4s

You can read all the posts in that link and might find answers for your case too..:yes:

Good Luck

Timeline

I find that reading the timeline of other VJ members helps you determing where you are, and what comes next. as for how much longer you have to wait, every country is different so look into the portal for your country and read the timeline of members from your country and you may get a better Idea of what the wait times are like.

If they have requested for DS-230 (i thought part 1 and II go together?) then your case is current and already rolling. Has the affidavit of support been filed and the Immigrant Visa fee paid?

Goodluck!

Thanks for the reply. I think the affidavit of support need to be submitted by the US citizen. So I am pretty sure the fee and the affidavit has already been submitted. Is it just the interview left now?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for the reply. I think the affidavit of support need to be submitted by the US citizen. So I am pretty sure the fee and the affidavit has already been submitted. Is it just the interview left now?

correct...!

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

correct...!

Thanks. One more question. Is it possible for me to schedule the interview in a different country. I am currently studying abroad and I really can't take the time off to fly back for one single interview. Or do I have to attend the interview in my home country with my mother (she is the one coming under the family category, I am the dependant children under 21)?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi everyone,

what is your priority date?

you have to be with your mom, you are a derivative of her petition. you have to be there when they schedule the interview for her.

Timeline

what is your priority date?

you have to be with your mom, you are a derivative of her petition. you have to be there when they schedule the interview for her.

Thanks. My priority date was in 2001 I think. And is it possible for me to pospone the interview then. According to the current time frame I am supposed to be called for interview in two months (so sometime in March). Will it be possible for me to ask the embassy to schedule our appointment sometime in June. Or it has to be as soon as they tell us.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thanks. My priority date was in 2001 I think. And is it possible for me to pospone the interview then. According to the current time frame I am supposed to be called for interview in two months (so sometime in March). Will it be possible for me to ask the embassy to schedule our appointment sometime in June. Or it has to be as soon as they tell us.

I think your forgetting something. It's your mom's petition, your uncle filed for her. You can't do anything. You would have to ask her and she might be able to reschedule once she gets the interview date. You are the derivative, they will only listen to the direct benificiary which is your mom.

Thanks. One more question. Is it possible for me to schedule the interview in a different country. I am currently studying abroad and I really can't take the time off to fly back for one single interview. Or do I have to attend the interview in my home country with my mother (she is the one coming under the family category, I am the dependant children under 21)?

Unfortunately, You have to be with your mom while NVC schedule interview date. There is NO WAVE OR DIFFERENT LOCATION FOR DEPENDENT CHILD. You should be by time before the interview date schedule at Dhaka Embassy, Also you need to check with CSPA( Child Status Protect ACT) that you have qualified yet if you over 21 now. The best thing for check, call NVC at 1-603-334-0700 and talk to live person see they have included you as CSPA category.

GOOD LUCK DESHI BHAI>>>>

US CITIZENSHIP

12-20-2012: SENT N-400 APPLICATION

12-21-2012: RECEIVED N-400 APPLICATION

12-27-2012: CHECK CASHED

12-28-2012: NOA RECEIVED

01-08-2013: BIO-METRIC COMPLETED

01-14-2013: INTERVIEW IN LINE FOR SCHEDULED

04-10-2013: INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AT 7:30 AM, TAMPA OFFICE...APPROVED:)))

04-23-2013: OATH CEREMONY AT TAMPA 1 PM...FINALLY USC.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.