JohnSmith2007

Case not found in system?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

A co-worker of mine has just applied for I129F for his girlfriend. Since I did this myself a few years ago I agreed to help him. He filed the pettition and he got back his NOA1 with a notice date of Dec 15,2010. I went to the USCIS web site and put the case number in so I could show him how to track his case. I put the number in exactly as it is on the NOA. I put in WAC1190149XXX (I left off the last three numbers here to protect his privacy). It came back saying they could not find the case number at this time. Any thoughts?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

This is normal, it can take weeks or longer for this to get into the system.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

A co-worker of mine has just applied for I129F for his girlfriend. Since I did this myself a few years ago I agreed to help him. He filed the pettition and he got back his NOA1 with a notice date of Dec 15,2010. I went to the USCIS web site and put the case number in so I could show him how to track his case. I put the number in exactly as it is on the NOA. I put in WAC1190149XXX (I left off the last three numbers here to protect his privacy). It came back saying they could not find the case number at this time. Any thoughts?

I've seen several postings in the AOS Section with people unable to find their cases online. Seems like there's a backup.

Alternatively there's the national hotline you can call - but only for the status, they won't be able to give you info about any upcoming appointments as they are handled separately by the local ASC offices.

Also, keep in mind that the online system is not as reliable as one may think. Read about cases being still as initial review even with approved and received greencards. Or personally noticed no "touches" for weeks but had biometrics appointment letter in the mail.

Good luck to your Co-worker!!

M.

10/13/2010 - Mailed in The Package (AOS, I-765, I-130)

10/17/2010 - USPS confirms delivery to USCIS

10/25/2010 - Check cashed

10/26/2010 - All applications been worked on aka touched

10/28/2010 - NOA1 Receipts for applications received

11/24/2010 - Received appointment for biometrics in the mail for 12/17 *yay*

12/17/2010 - 9.25 a.m. - 9.45 a.m. Biometrics done !!

12/23/2010 - EAD Approved and Card on its way - Email notification received *yay*

01/03/2011 - WOOOHOOO ...EAD Card in Hand!

01/04/2011 - Oh boy....Received Interview Letter today - February 3rd is the day! :)

02/03/2011 - Interview scheduled 12:45 p.m. - out of there before 1:30 p.m. - further review

Coming home, checking for touches at 5:30 p.m. - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED !!!!

Thank you All on Visajourney for your inputs, experiences and thoughts!!!

02/09/2011 - Yup another e-mail saying that my card production was ordered.

02/10/2011 - E-mail notification "Approval letter was sent today"

02/14/2011 - Welcome Letter / Approval NOA and Card (separate envelope) received!!! :D

Late November 2012 (have to look up my receipts ;) - mailed in ROC I-751

12/12/2012 - NOA 1, status extension received

12/18/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter received

01/08/2013 - Biometrics done

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've seen several postings in the AOS Section with people unable to find their cases online. Seems like there's a backup.

Alternatively there's the national hotline you can call - but only for the status, they won't be able to give you info about any upcoming appointments as they are handled separately by the local ASC offices.

Also, keep in mind that the online system is not as reliable as one may think. Read about cases being still as initial review even with approved and received greencards. Or personally noticed no "touches" for weeks but had biometrics appointment letter in the mail.

Good luck to your Co-worker!!

M.

I wouldn't worry about it. Our K-1 visa was issued in April 2010 and it still says initial review. It is needless to say, not very accurate....

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

sometimes it takes a while for the automated system to be update. take for example me, i already received my interview date. but the automated system is still stating that my case in under review. don't worry too much about it. :)

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Marriage (if applicable): 2009-03-17

I-130 Sent : 2009-12-21

I-130 NOA1 :

I-130 RFE : 2010,11,06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2010,12,15

I-130 Approved : 2010-03-09

Interview Date : 2011-02-17 Submit Review

life is not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!♥♥♥

if god is for you who can be against you.

blue slipped!!

-- Second Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):

28/3/2011...APPROVED!!!!APPROVED, APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have seen the timeline you posted It was smoothly going so beautiful you're so lucky! if you dont mine what AOS category are you in?was it through I-130 Family based category,K-1 fiancee visa process? Coz Im a little bit curious I have almost the same date of filing as you.Good for you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.