Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Yes, he already has an interview date, that is the reason I am going there and of course He knows paşabahçe because he lived there and 1/2 of his family and friends, I know paşabahçe because that's where Baba and Anne bought me Gold for my wedding. :star:

We can keep in touch

hahaha nice!!

I still have one of my relative who lives in pasabahce.

I think i wont be able to visit istanbul.

I want to spend my time with my own family.

but we can keep in touch

Good luck to you guys for interwiev...

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Timeline

Happy New Year 2012 AMERITURKS!!!

OK... what is it in Turkish?

Mutlu Yillar!!

Size ve ailenize mutlu yıllar dilerim.

Yeni yılın şans getirmesini dilerim!

En iyi dileklerimle yeni yılını kutlarım!

Mariye & Ky

January 1, 2012

1, Ocak 2012

Edited by Mariye & Ky

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

happy new year to you all

Ummmm.... WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!

And, Ky said you never called him so he doesn't like you. Ha ha...Kidding!! So what's up Baris?

Mariye & Ky

Timeline

Ironically, Tolga will be leaving Izmir at the end of January to come home to my daughter and me finally! :) His interview is January 19th. We can't wait!!! So exciting....the beginning is near ;)

Enjoy your time with your family. It's a magical place indeed.

Dear Sabs:

Re: Notice from the AmeriTurks

Since your Nisanim's interview date is approaching, please make a daily note to remind us all of how many days till his interview.

Isn't his interview 8 days from today? Anyway, I think bahachell might have that world pic of the apple map and if I recall, that has "8 days till our interview" on it. Wonder if you can borrow that for yours too!

Ky and I very happy for you two!

Love,

Mariye

Timeline

hahaha nice!!

I still have one of my relative who lives in pasabahce.

I think i wont be able to visit istanbul.

I want to spend my time with my own family.

but we can keep in touch

Good luck to you guys for interwiev...

How are you KD? Are you in Turkey yet? If so, send cay!

LOL

Filed: Timeline

Mariiiii!!!!

So happy to hear from you. Thanks for the good wishes. We are SOOO excited. Tolga does indeed leave for Ankara on the 18th. Amazing to know we are so close. He has been spending a lot of time with his friends and family. His sister has even written Tolga and I a beautiful letter, and although she is really excited and happy for us, she is just beside herself. They have been joined at the hip their whole lives. And it breaks my heart that they will never live together again. All of these preparations for the future have us churning in anticipation. When I call the house, his mother does her best to speak english to me, and I speak my best butchered Turkish. It's so great to see that the whole family is so supportive. My family has even attempted a crack at communication with my Turk family. It's all such a beautiful thing.

As for the wedding, we have been in full planning. I have my dress, my daughter has her dress, and so do my bridesmaids. Tolga will find what he needs when he gets here as we're having a period wedding. Very unique and something I've never seen before. OH...and my family is all coming from Canada and Indonesia! YAYYYYY!!!!

So looks like Tolga will be here in a couple weeks, and we've decided to wait a couple months for the wedding, so that my family can all make plans to attend and he can get to know my friends and family before the big day. We don't want to rush it. We want to enjoy every minute.

We actually have the first couple weeks planned out. Family time, cooking dinners and just normal life. AND...of course teaching a Turk to drive in America. What a novel idea! lol

Hope you're all doing well. Can't wait to hear all your updates.

Lots of love!!!

Sabrina

Dear Sabs:

Re: Notice from the AmeriTurks

Since your Nisanim's interview date is approaching, please make a daily note to remind us all of how many days till his interview.

Isn't his interview 8 days from today? Anyway, I think bahachell might have that world pic of the apple map and if I recall, that has "8 days till our interview" on it. Wonder if you can borrow that for yours too!

Ky and I very happy for you two!

Love,

Mariye

Timeline

How are you KD? Are you in Turkey yet? If so, send cay!

LOL

Helloooo Mari,

I m great thank you how are you ? i hope you doing well.

Nahh i m not in Turkey yet i m flying january 24th.

Of course i will bring some cay with me and i can send you :)

Ohh by the way i got your email how cute pics you both look great together.

I m busy lately that checking Associate Degree or Certificate program..

I was searching Pell Grant (Finansal aid) to pay my college fees.

You know goverment pays everything for you and you dont need to pay back.

But i got my Bachelor Degree in my country then i read some stuff they wont allow me to have a pell grant aid from goverment i got to talk Communtiy College that i m going for ESL.

Well i will take care all of it when i m back..

Thats pretty much it about me

Keep in touch say hi to Ky..

Edited by KRj

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Timeline

Michelle?

aka: "The Gulers"

What did you mean when you said on your profile page, "When Pigs Fly..." and then added, ".... Start Flying" ??

Did you mean that when a foreigner, or Yabanci, immigrates to the United States, for the USC's to run???

Seriously, it was degrading to others and I sincerely hope you did not mean that for ANY of the AmeriTurks, or the Muslim Community!

Mariye

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Michelle?

What did you mean when you said on your profile page, "When Pigs Fly..." and then added, ".... Start Flying" ??

Did you mean that when a foreigner, or Yabanci, immigrates to the United States, for the USC's to run???

Seriously, it was degrading to others and I sincerely hope you did not mean that for ANY of the AmeriTurks, or the Muslim Community!

Mariye

WHERE IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU GET YOUR STATEMENT FROM MY STATUS????????? That doesnt even make sense.....Really you should PM someone and find out reason before you assume something so far fetched.....unreal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

inappropriate comment that appears to be designed to start an argument has been removed.

Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, harass, insult, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

inappropriate comment that appears to be designed to start an argument has been removed.

My Status was not directed at someone. It was a common saying....and the saying was not even discussed it was outright assumed it was about someone. Reaction was on my page and in forum. All she had to do was ask me what it meant and i would have said...but to be attacked at someones assumptions is more of a high school reaction then a normal reaction to a saying we all have said.....wasntmeant to dig at anyone and sorry it was taken wayyyyyyyy out of context.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My Status was not directed at someone. It was a common saying....and the saying was not even discussed it was outright assumed it was about someone. Reaction was on my page and in forum. All she had to do was ask me what it meant and i would have said...but to be attacked at someones assumptions is more of a high school reaction then a normal reaction to a saying we all have said.....wasntmeant to dig at anyone and sorry it was taken wayyyyyyyy out of context.

Yes, that is how it appeared to me as well. The post that was removed was a continuation of the 'reaction' and that is why it was removed. Thanks for clarifying the situation. :)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Michelle?

Mariye

Hi Mari

I agree I took great offense to seeing these words, honestly it saddens me. All of us are dealing with varying degrees of struggle through this process and this process is hard enough and disheartening as it is ! This forum has always been, in my opinion like a safe haven, a place to come to gather support from other Ameri-Turks. It is unfortunate to see people speaking like this, unable to realize the forturne that they have been blessed with to have their significant others here with them. Hopefully, she was just having a bad day and hopefully more careful consideration will be given to word choice by HER in regards to her association with the Ameri-Turk family and take into consideration that anything any of us say in these types of public forums are a direct representation of all of us. It is unfortunate that it has now been posted publically words such as those. Anyway, Mari thanks for posting your thoughts on this subject and for bringing this to our attention. Hopefully from this she will learn a little bit of sensitivity and how to be politically correct and observant and respectful of others religious beliefs, associations and cultural diversities.

Hugs and Thanks

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Timeline

Michelle?

Mariye

Hi Mari

I agree I took great offense to seeing these words, honestly it saddens me. All of us are dealing with varying degrees of struggle through this process and this process is hard enough and disheartening as it is ! This forum has always been, in my opinion like a safe haven, a place to come to gather support from other Ameri-Turks. It is unfortunate to see people speaking like this, unable to realize the forturne that they have been blessed with to have their significant others here with them. Hopefully, she was just having a bad day and hopefully more careful consideration will be given to word choice by HER in regards to her association with the Ameri-Turk family and take into consideration that anything any of us say in these types of public forums are a direct representation of all of us. It is unfortunate that it has now been posted publically words such as those. Anyway, Mari thanks for posting your thoughts on this subject and for bringing this to our attention. Hopefully from this she will learn a little bit of sensitivity and how to be politically correct and observant and respectful of others religious beliefs, associations and cultural diversities.

Hugs and Thanks

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.