Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

happy new year to you all

Hi Melbar! How are you doing? Just wante to say Hello!

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi Mari

I agree I took great offense to seeing these words, honestly it saddens me. All of us are dealing with varying degrees of struggle through this process and this process is hard enough and disheartening as it is ! This forum has always been, in my opinion like a safe haven, a place to come to gather support from other Ameri-Turks. It is unfortunate to see people speaking like this, unable to realize the forturne that they have been blessed with to have their significant others here with them. Hopefully, she was just having a bad day and hopefully more careful consideration will be given to word choice by HER in regards to her association with the Ameri-Turk family and take into consideration that anything any of us say in these types of public forums are a direct representation of all of us. It is unfortunate that it has now been posted publically words such as those. Anyway, Mari thanks for posting your thoughts on this subject and for bringing this to our attention. Hopefully from this she will learn a little bit of sensitivity and how to be politically correct and observant and respectful of others religious beliefs, associations and cultural diversities.

Hugs and Thanks

First off I am sorry TUana you took offense. THis is a common saying here and had NOTHING TO DO with anything the Muslim faith. Since no one has asked me what it meant...Here it is....I am working my self into the ground and taking a 3rd a job that will make sure that my family is ok till Bahadir can work. So in my life this is something i never thought i would have to do...Hence the When Pigs fly...Because they never will. But i came back with start flapping..meaning I have to get all the energy i have to make this all happen. But to get such a idea that i am meaning against anyone and not even being asked what i meant is what is offensive. Since the AMERI TURKS are suppose to be encouraging i find it amazing i was attacked with question. ANd Yes Bahadir and I are lucky and we push every day and I am thankful. But This is a common saying and after speaking to my husband who is turkish about my saying this he said the same. It is a saying. I am assured by my husband this word is not against anyone saying. SO I am sorry you were offended...but really if you want to be seen as a unit I would definitely keep the attack down to a minimum....and if you actually knew me you would know how off base this has been blown up. AGAIN I apologize. ANd anyone on here who actually has interaction with me would know this is so offbase!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

First off I am sorry TUana you took offense. THis is a common saying here and had NOTHING TO DO with anything the Muslim faith. Since no one has asked me what it meant...Here it is....I am working my self into the ground and taking a 3rd a job that will make sure that my family is ok till Bahadir can work. So in my life this is something i never thought i would have to do...Hence the When Pigs fly...Because they never will. But i came back with start flapping..meaning I have to get all the energy i have to make this all happen. But to get such a idea that i am meaning against anyone and not even being asked what i meant is what is offensive. Since the AMERI TURKS are suppose to be encouraging i find it amazing i was attacked with question. ANd Yes Bahadir and I are lucky and we push every day and I am thankful. But This is a common saying and after speaking to my husband who is turkish about my saying this he said the same. It is a saying. I am assured by my husband this word is not against anyone saying. SO I am sorry you were offended...but really if you want to be seen as a unit I would definitely keep the attack down to a minimum....and if you actually knew me you would know how off base this has been blown up. AGAIN I apologize. ANd anyone on here who actually has interaction with me would know this is so offbase!

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the respose. You mention that no one asked what you meant with that comment, however if you will review the initial post made by Mari to which I commented on today, she directly asked what the intent or meaning was behind the statement you made. Michelle, you state that no one asked you, then you just stated here you are amazed that you were attacked with questions Which is it? Were you not asked or were you attacked with questions? Furthermore, in no way did I "attack" you, in fact, I stated that possibly you were having a bad day or something to the like. I in no way made any reference to you being a bad person and as you so clearly stated, in that I don't know you, this was the reason I implied benefit of doubt in relation to your initial comment. Additionally, I appreciate that you confered with your husband regarding what you refer to as a common saying however other individuals, my husband, myself and also I'm sure other Ameri-Turks took offense especially considering that you were asked for clarification to your comment to which we received a defensive attitude from you as opposed to an answer. Again, I was not responding to Mari's post to entice an apology from you, rather simply to express my feelings and opinion regarding the comment made. However, like I said, it appears that you were under and continue to be under a great deal of stress same as the rest of us, that the comment was made in haste and I appreciate the apology and it is forgiven.

Also, would you please clarify what you mean in reference to, "but really if you want to be seen as a unit," which unit are you referencing please?

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the respose. You mention that no one asked what you meant with that comment, however if you will review the initial post made by Mari to which I commented on today, she directly asked what the intent or meaning was behind the statement you made. Michelle, you state that no one asked you, then you just stated here you are amazed that you were attacked with questions Which is it? Were you not asked or were you attacked with questions? Furthermore, in no way did I "attack" you, in fact, I stated that possibly you were having a bad day or something to the like. I in no way made any reference to you being a bad person and as you so clearly stated, in that I don't know you, this was the reason I implied benefit of doubt in relation to your initial comment. Additionally, I appreciate that you confered with your husband regarding what you refer to as a common saying however other individuals, my husband, myself and also I'm sure other Ameri-Turks took offense especially considering that you were asked for clarification to your comment to which we received a defensive attitude from you as opposed to an answer. Again, I was not responding to Mari's post to entice an apology from you, rather simply to express my feelings and opinion regarding the comment made. However, like I said, it appears that you were under and continue to be under a great deal of stress same as the rest of us, that the comment was made in haste and I appreciate the apology and it is forgiven.

Also, would you please clarify what you mean in reference to, "but really if you want to be seen as a unit," which unit are you referencing please?

THe comment was not made in haste it was made as all other people on here write their bad days and their good days...ALso I did write that it was not directed at anyone. ANd that it had to do with me. So me explaining in full personal detail as to why was not something I had to do. matter of fact that I even wrote an email to Mari after she attacked me on my personal page and then to air it in the forum was not called for. I did not say the attack came from you but from Mari. But the furthering the "problem" by putting it out here when the moderator even sees it as unnecessary. THat saying had nothing to do with anyone coming to the country as Mari likes to believe and it was FAR FETCHED! The apology is not for the status it was for you being made feel uncomfortable. As I am finished with this subject. My life is not the AMERI TURKS..this is a group ..my life is my husband and my daughter and our extended family. I hope everything turns out as you want in your life...asfor me...I will be not commenting or participating in this group. I havent attacked anyone in here and we will just go on what the moderator said..it was uncalled for.

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Ummmm.... WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!

And, Ky said you never called him so he doesn't like you. Ha ha...Kidding!! So what's up Baris?

Mariye & Ky

hi mari i am realy busy with codes icd-9 and cpt codes studiying to much and working i have no off days at all accept holidays i like holidays i am here hi to everyone

and i want to let everyone know i had started school 3 monts ago evey mont school grade us i had A every mont right now i have 3 honor roll from school...i got the third one today

Timeline

hi KemalTuanaYalcin thank u for saying hello tome i was not here in visa journey i wwill be able to write now because i am realy busy with school and work

hello back to both of you

Timeline

Hello AMERITURKS i wish the best wishes to everyone.its 9 m0nts that i have been here in USA i realy enjoy everything here.i was homesick realy bad (off course still the same i will miss all the time)the first mont i arrived i found a job...at bakery i am still working there.thanks to my boss he gave a job.i know it is realy hard to find a good job these days.i was always thinking positive.if you believe what you are thinking.you will have the best... and i applied to school it was not realy hard to find school for me...thanks to US GOV they gave finacal aid student loan and ect... i am going school i realy like what i am doing right now i am doing medical billing i am good at there yes it was realy hard for me first time when i started school. i was using dictionary in the class it was strange for other student my accent was realy bad sometimes they make funn of me ...it is ok because its natural (it is true dooo) for me english is third language zazaki/turkish/english zazaki is my main language i grow up with my family my mom she doesnt know how to speak turkish ....i didnt know how to speak turkish i learnt turkish at the school... i contunue school i was doing the best at composition and i attended universty people in turkiye know know how its hard to pass exam to enter university i did .i finished economi... and i got marry came to USA i am going school here we have 20 students now... other student they all born here i was affraid of not understanding everything at school..after school i come home translate all the book translate everything in turkish to understand whats is realy meaning off everything ..and i am good at medical billing it is all about coding and data base .... i do the best lecture i d do best database ..everybody in class asking me questions i improve my self(still improving) i got REALY GOOD NEWS FROM MY WIFE MELEK THAT SHE IS PREGNANT I got shocked that time i didnt know what to do just kept quite it was the best thing happened to my life i will have a kid. MELEK she is pregnant since 9 weeks 2 days it is realy amazing that feeling to have a baby the best thing in the cosmos.i can not explain my feeling i wish i could have explain my feelings...i am realy happy as i said i wish the best to everyone

i wrote about about my self and school and everything i dont want anybody to get me wrong PLEASE i just wanted to share with you all. any problem can be solve in the earth there are always answer for the questions "BELIVE WHAT YOU ARE THINKING"

Timeline

I'm here! :) Tolga is here now. He arrived 1 week ago and he's doing fabulous! We couldn't be happier. The wedding is in 6 weeks. Invitations go out this weekend. How about you Melbar? How are you?

hello tolsab i doing well i am enjoying my life here i am realy happy for you tolga is here i know how does it feel not to be apart from to each other...

slm tolga hosgeldin amerikaya senin adina cok sevindim sana hayatta cok cok cok basarilar umarim hersey senin planladigin gibi yolunda gider.......tekrar dan hosgeldin ve tebrikler simdiden enjoy your life here................

Filed: Timeline

It feels incredible to wake up to this man every day. I go home every day for lunch, and seeing his face smiling and waiting for me is unbelievable. I have to keep reminding myself that this is real. We're finally together. And Tolga is a VERY clean man. lol. He has our home immaculate and makes the best Turkish dishes. I am so lucky. The wedding is in 6 weeks! We're so excited.

Also, Tolga read your message and said thank you so much. You are so kind. The VJ folks we have met have been great and so helpful. It has taken the pain out of visa filing. :)

hello tolsab i doing well i am enjoying my life here i am realy happy for you tolga is here i know how does it feel not to be apart from to each other...

slm tolga hosgeldin amerikaya senin adina cok sevindim sana hayatta cok cok cok basarilar umarim hersey senin planladigin gibi yolunda gider.......tekrar dan hosgeldin ve tebrikler simdiden enjoy your life here................

Timeline

It feels incredible to wake up to this man every day. I go home every day for lunch, and seeing his face smiling and waiting for me is unbelievable. I have to keep reminding myself that this is real. We're finally together. And Tolga is a VERY clean man. lol. He has our home immaculate and makes the best Turkish dishes. I am so lucky. The wedding is in 6 weeks! We're so excited.

Also, Tolga read your message and said thank you so much. You are so kind. The VJ folks we have met have been great and so helpful. It has taken the pain out of visa filing. :)

my first week was the same i was sleeping alot to i was cleaning and cooking everyday i am happy for you both i have a high school friend from my city his name is san him and his wife sent i-130 3 weeks ago i help them right now i i am taliking with them

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello all -

I haven't been on here in some time and am so thrilled to see all the new members representing TKY and this new thread. I just want to say, having been there, hang in there because this is such a process, especially for those who can not be together while awaiting the all important decision. Some recipients have never lived or travelled in the U S.

Be realistic. The REAL journey begins after a visa is granted. This VJ is not a fairy tale with a happily ever after. I've watched so many couples struggle the first couple years. Adjusting to the U S. Adjusting to each other. Adjusting to family, habits, religious and cultural ways. Sadly, some couples did not make it. You won't many of these failures sharing that part of their story on V J.

But there are those who do make it. I'm proud to say my S O and I are counted in the numbers. We've been married 8 y rs this year. Best friends. We've a beautiful daughter who is turning five. A successful marriage requires ongoing work, regardless if immigration is an aspect of the equation. Marriage evolves much as an individual does through out life. We've had our fair share of ups and downs, sometimes it gets really tough. It's Life. For us, it is love and more so the commitment to each other, to our marriage. Appreciation and Respect our differences. Focus on the many things that we have in common that brought us together in the first place.

BTW, my S O has been a citizen for six years now. star_smile.gif

Congrats & Best of luck to everyone.

Insallah. rose.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.