Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Congrats on the Dec. 14th interview!!!! Bulut received his visa 3 days later so it is possible for you to be looking at your fiance before Christmas.

I have never flown into SAW. It just isn't practical for us. Even when SAW has cheaper flights I'm not about to be stuck in traffic for days just to make it to the European side. We do have a relative that stays on the Asian side, but when we stayed with her we always ended up catching a taxi, catching a ferry, catching a minibus or riding the train (gotta love the Akbil) to head over to the Eur side.

HOTELS

If anyone is looking for a very cute hotel in Istanbul, I recommend you stay at Nisantasi My Residence. It is very cute, the interior is very modern and they are apartments. I think we were there in the middle of the summer and it was only about $100 per night. Bulut also booked the W.O.W. Hotel in Istanbul, but it isn't practical unless you are staying around Ataturk. Their breakfast enables you to gorge on your favorite foods and even ones you have never thought of. We were the only ones that were eating breakfast one morning and their spread was still insane.

When we went to Ankara we stayed at the Gordion Hotel. We walked to the embassy from there and it was the most charming boutique hotel. They have museum pieces from the Ottoman era and a nice little spa and cozy rooms. I was extra proud b/c Bulut is a hotel snob and he approved of my hotel pick. (I redeemed after I chose a hotel for my layover in London and he said "Honey, that hotel looks creepy." I told him it was fine and then when I arrived....yikes. The Indian food was the best I've ever had though.)

INTERVIEW

I stressed over the interview so much. Basically be honest and bring PERTINENT evidence because they really can't review everything right then and there. Start to worry if your interview lasts long; The general consensus is that they have made their mind up already whether or not they will grant the visa. Bulut saw a glimpse of our file and he thinks he saw the words "approve this visa" written on there. The interviewers are quite nice and aren't out to get you without reason. *Sidebar* When we went to Ankara to pick up the certificate of non-impediment, we had drinks at a little cafe/restaurant next to the embassy. There were some embassy workers having lunch right next to us and they were talking about everyday things, so assure me they are definitely human :rofl:

**Disclaimer** We did all of the above and I was still nervous as hell until he called me.

Wedding: 7/10/2010

I-130 Sent: 10/08/2010

NOA 1: 10/20/2010

Touched: 10/26/2010

NOA2: 2/10/2011

NVC: 3/6/2011 approx.

No I-864, DS-230 Notification NVC says download files

Emailed Agent form: Response Confirming Change Arrived the Next Day

Mailed I-864 Package: 4/2/2011, Arrived 4/4/2011

DS-230 Received: 4/19/2011

RFE: 5/3/2011, emailed documents same day, email confirmation 5/4/2011

NVC Case Complete: 5/20/2011 (approx. called NVC and they said it was complete so don't know exact date)

Email with Instructions: 5/27/2011

Interview scheduled: 7/14/2011

Consulate had to reschedule, new interview 7/20/2011

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Congrats on the Dec. 14th interview!!!! Bulut received his visa 3 days later so it is possible for you to be looking at your fiance before Christmas.

I have never flown into SAW. It just isn't practical for us. Even when SAW has cheaper flights I'm not about to be stuck in traffic for days just to make it to the European side. We do have a relative that stays on the Asian side, but when we stayed with her we always ended up catching a taxi, catching a ferry, catching a minibus or riding the train (gotta love the Akbil) to head over to the Eur side.

HOTELS

If anyone is looking for a very cute hotel in Istanbul, I recommend you stay at Nisantasi My Residence. It is very cute, the interior is very modern and they are apartments. I think we were there in the middle of the summer and it was only about $100 per night. Bulut also booked the W.O.W. Hotel in Istanbul, but it isn't practical unless you are staying around Ataturk. Their breakfast enables you to gorge on your favorite foods and even ones you have never thought of. We were the only ones that were eating breakfast one morning and their spread was still insane.

When we went to Ankara we stayed at the Gordion Hotel. We walked to the embassy from there and it was the most charming boutique hotel. They have museum pieces from the Ottoman era and a nice little spa and cozy rooms. I was extra proud b/c Bulut is a hotel snob and he approved of my hotel pick. (I redeemed after I chose a hotel for my layover in London and he said "Honey, that hotel looks creepy." I told him it was fine and then when I arrived....yikes. The Indian food was the best I've ever had though.)

INTERVIEW

I stressed over the interview so much. Basically be honest and bring PERTINENT evidence because they really can't review everything right then and there. Start to worry if your interview lasts long; The general consensus is that they have made their mind up already whether or not they will grant the visa. Bulut saw a glimpse of our file and he thinks he saw the words "approve this visa" written on there. The interviewers are quite nice and aren't out to get you without reason. *Sidebar* When we went to Ankara to pick up the certificate of non-impediment, we had drinks at a little cafe/restaurant next to the embassy. There were some embassy workers having lunch right next to us and they were talking about everyday things, so assure me they are definitely human :rofl:

**Disclaimer** We did all of the above and I was still nervous as hell until he called me.

I AM So ANXIOUS, EXCITED!!! We are 7 days away!!!! Bahadir will be staying at the hotel across the street from the embassy i will send him to that restaurant! :) How are things for you guys???Hope you are well!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi guys. I am new to visa journey. Mariye wrote a post on my page about this board. I thought I would give it a try. My lady and I are waiting on our petition to be approved. Good luck to all of us.

Timeline

Hi guys. I am new to visa journey. Mariye wrote a post on my page about this board. I thought I would give it a try. My lady and I are waiting on our petition to be approved. Good luck to all of us.

Welcome to you Jack and Mya! Glad you could join us. Where is your lady from in Turkey? Now, that you're an AmeriTurk, which term of affection do you use for her? Anyway, you'll have to let us know ... lol, or at least surprise her and let her know!

Best,

Mariye

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

Hos Geldin Jack and Mya! Feel free to ask any questions you have about anything! :thumbs:

NVC Case Complete: 5/20/2011 (approx. called NVC and they said it was complete so don't know exact date)

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Timeline

Everybody's family OK with the earthquake that happened in Van, Turkey today?

1). LA Times Report:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fgw-adv-turkey-earthquake-20111023,0,6615726.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Fnews%2Fnationworld%2Fworld+%28L.A.+Times+-+World+News%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

2). Map of Turkey: Where is your family in relation to Van? See map and scale down to see all of Turkey and her major cities/ regions.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=ll

Timeline

Everybody's family OK with the earthquake that happened in Van, Turkey today?

1). LA Times Report:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fgw-adv-turkey-earthquake-20111023,0,6615726.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Fnews%2Fnationworld%2Fworld+%28L.A.+Times+-+World+News%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

2). Map of Turkey: Where is your family in relation to Van? See map and scale down to see all of Turkey and her major cities/ regions.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=ll

Yes Bahadir and his family are ok ...they are in Izmir (west side of turkey)! Hope everyone is ok of our Ameriturk family! <3Much love and prayers to allour family!

Timeline

Welcome Jack & MYA! Glad you are here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the warm welcome. I miss my lady very much and hope to have her here soon. Mya is from Kemer, Antalya. I met her while on vacation with friends. I had no idea I would leave my heart there. For Mariye, I call her my little kirpi. After running across a family of them together the first day we spent together. Funny I know.

There is so much information to read up on. You have all been so busy. I will let you know if I have any questions. I appreciate the offer. Good luck everyone.

Jack

Welcome to you Jack and Mya! Glad you could join us. Where is your lady from in Turkey? Now, that you're an AmeriTurk, which term of affection do you use for her? Anyway, you'll have to let us know ... lol, or at least surprise her and let her know!

Best,

Mariye

Timeline

Yup, everyone is ok. We're Izmir and Ist here. I've been meaning to ask some of the native turks about some conjugation.

Using aile as the root word, how would you conjugate for the pronouns? I know ailem = my family, ailen = your family

his/her/it's family=

our family = ailemiz

your family formal =

their/its family =

Bonus question, if you were to say, our cats would you say = kedimizler or kedilermiz (I understand vowel harmony just too lazy to switch to the Turkish keyboard on my computer, so you could just explain which would come first and why it would help me tons. Bulut explained this before but my American sentence structure doesn't translate well when to more complex Turkish sentences.)

Cok tesekkur ederim!!!!

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Timeline

WOKE UP SO EXCITED!!!! 2 days and 17 hours till our interview!!!!! Bahadir is happy like child! I am a ball of energy! How did you guys stay calm n the days before?? Any advice! Because Bahadir and I are bouncing off the walls!! :)

Michele

Timeline

WOKE UP SO EXCITED!!!! 2 days and 17 hours till our interview!!!!! Bahadir is happy like child! I am a ball of energy! How did you guys stay calm n the days before?? Any advice! Because Bahadir and I are bouncing off the walls!! :)

Michele

LOL... Bahachell.... go to work! That keeps the mind off non-productive bouncing on walls. And, why not just tell us "after the fact" the outcome? Yanno, something like: Approved! Or AP? Easy peasy sistah!

Now please, sit still gurl before you knock over somebody's cay! LOL!!

@Ashley: How did you install a Turkish Keyboard? Is that on your Ipad? Or a PC? I have seen apps for Ipad, but not for the pc.

How's the AmeriTurks today?

Mariye Yenge

Timeline
Yup, everyone is ok. We're Izmir and Ist here. I've been meaning to ask some of the native turks about some conjugation.

Using aile as the root word, how would you conjugate for the pronouns? I know ailem = my family, ailen = your family

his/her/it's family= onun ailesi our family = ailemiz

your family formal = sizin aileniz ,

their/its family = onlarin ailesi,

Bonus question, if you were to say, our cats would you say = kedimizler or kedilermiz kedilerimiz(I understand vowel harmony just too lazy to switch to the Turkish keyboard on my computer, so you could just explain which would come first and why it would help me tons. Bulut explained this before but my American sentence structure doesn't translate well when to more complex Turkish sentences.)

Cok tesekkur ederim!!!!

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the warm welcome. I miss my lady very much and hope to have her here soon. Mya is from Kemer, Antalya. I met her while on vacation with friends. I had no idea I would leave my heart there. For Mariye, I call her my little kirpi. After running across a family of them together the first day we spent together. Funny I know.

There is so much information to read up on. You have all been so busy. I will let you know if I have any questions. I appreciate the offer. Good luck everyone.

Jack

Jack&Mya

Welcome to AmeriTurkFamily

I wish you a good luck and speedy journey

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Timeline

LOL... Bahachell.... go to work! That keeps the mind off non-productive bouncing on walls. And, why not just tell us "after the fact" the outcome? Yanno, something like: Approved! Or AP? Easy peasy sistah!

Now please, sit still gurl before you knock over somebody's cay! LOL!!

@Ashley: How did you install a Turkish Keyboard? Is that on your Ipad? Or a PC? I have seen apps for Ipad, but not for the pc.

How's the AmeriTurks today?

Mariye Yenge

I m doing great i am also from izmir so my family is ok

but there are so many people died :(

i m trying to follow the news at CNN to see whats going on

I got my first pay check :)) even its not that much but i m working i hope i will get fulltime worker in the compay

hey Mari yenge,

i think u can change your keyboard it in your PC,

Michele,

Do NOT worry!! everything will be fine and he will get his visa

of course still need a good luck

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.