Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

OMG so now the both of you two have me crying. Between the Music and missing our sweethearts. Oh my goodness. I am with you girls. One minute I am completely happy, then I will see a picture, I will have a memory and I turn to puddles of tears. This is so difficult at times. I don't know about all of you but my whole life I have waited and wanted that special person who made me feel like I was the most important thing in this world. My the grace of God/ALLAH this person was brought into my life, but I can not touch him, I can not see him, I can not be with him daily and it is such a struggle. However, I believe that this struggle, this pain we go through now, will make us stronger, make our relationships with our future husbands stronger and gives us the tools we need to learn how to cope. We just all have to stay strong and positive, of course we will have our moments of weakness but that is what this forum is all about, support and being there for each other. Anyway you two, thanks for these posts, you remind us all about the most important things in life, what not to take for granted and reminds us to focus on our futures.

AMEN Tuana! :thumbs:

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

AMEN Tuana! :thumbs:

OK Girls... that was the best 15.43 minutes of my life today, just to hear his voice from so far away. While drying my tears, I must have answered tearfully as his first words were, "Bebegim, why you cry?... really my heart no happy when you cry Askimisin. Please, you no cry..." :crying: And from there, it was like the loneliness and tears became smiles and joy. Christmas for me, is my holiday between he and I, but we now share it together even if we're physically apart today. Christmas for me is not about the material stuff like when I was little. As a big girl, its about my faith, the memory of my grandparents, and the people who are here with us now. Fifteen and a half minutes flies by quickly, but I know its just time when I look at it intellectually. Waiting pains for me can seem like years. Yet the one thing I know deeply in my heart, is the moment two hearts meet, its forever a memory imprinted in my spirit. There is never a moment that goes by that I'm not thinking about my love. This includes when I am physically with him.

Thanks girls for this day, that reminds me how much you mean to me here in San Francisco... here in my heart. Thank you Lord, for breaking down the walls of communications for all of us so we can share time with our men... no matter how small or how great.

Love, Mari

PS: Kadir, my darling, if you ever get to visit this site with me someday, you will see this note to you: I love you more than you'll ever know, forever and a day, my Askimsin, Sevgilim... Ilk! (L)

Edited by Mari & Kadir

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

Well since enough of you seem to like ayran I will give it another try, but oh my I'm gagging already just thinking about it. Mari don't cry, I think we should all throw our good "duds" on and go out. Except I'm in the wilds of Alabama and there isn't too much to do. It isn't like Deliverance, but we don't have an opera house. I did buy a cute little dress yesterday, and spent more than I wanted to, because I knew Bulut would like it.

Funny though, my mom and I were listening to Andrea's Christmas album in the car today. I can't wait to get the NOA2 so Bulut and I can have a beautiful Christmas. Chicago is wonderful during the holiday season and I can't wait. We need to start a club and try to go over or meet up in Turkiye.

Oh I'm all for Skyping and I have a new appreciation for it since I'm so far away from Bulut. If anyone is on yahoo, pm me on here and I'll add you on there.

Another question, where is everyone's Turkish home? Mine is Selcuk-Izmir.

Wedding: 7/10/2010

I-130 Sent: 10/08/2010

NOA 1: 10/20/2010

Touched: 10/26/2010

NOA2: 2/10/2011

NVC: 3/6/2011 approx.

No I-864, DS-230 Notification NVC says download files

Emailed Agent form: Response Confirming Change Arrived the Next Day

Mailed I-864 Package: 4/2/2011, Arrived 4/4/2011

DS-230 Received: 4/19/2011

RFE: 5/3/2011, emailed documents same day, email confirmation 5/4/2011

NVC Case Complete: 5/20/2011 (approx. called NVC and they said it was complete so don't know exact date)

Email with Instructions: 5/27/2011

Interview scheduled: 7/14/2011

Consulate had to reschedule, new interview 7/20/2011

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Timeline

Well since enough of you seem to like ayran I will give it another try, but oh my I'm gagging already just thinking about it. Mari don't cry, I think we should all throw our good "duds" on and go out. OH WHAT A BLAST WE WOULD ALL BE TOGETHER! Except I'm in the wilds of Alabama and there isn't too much to do. It isn't like Deliverance, but we don't have an opera house.:rofl: LOL Ashley! OMG that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!! I did buy a cute little dress yesterday, Gurl you are SMOKIN!! :devil: and spent more than I wanted to, because I knew Bulut would like it. :whistle:

Funny though, my mom and I were listening to Andrea's Christmas album in the car today.:star:I can't wait to get the NOA2 so Bulut and I can have a beautiful Christmas. :star: Chicago is wonderful during the holiday season and I can't wait. We need to start a club and try to go over or meet up in Turkiye.:dance::luv:B-) I am so all for this~!

Oh I'm all for Skyping and I have a new appreciation for it since I'm so far away from Bulut. If anyone is on yahoo, pm me on here and I'll add you on there.

My Turish home is in Adana/ Incirlik.

Hugs to you Mrs Ashley! (F)

Mariye

Timeline

Well since enough of you seem to like ayran I will give it another try, but oh my I'm gagging already just thinking about it. Mari don't cry, I think we should all throw our good "duds" on and go out. Except I'm in the wilds of Alabama and there isn't too much to do. It isn't like Deliverance, but we don't have an opera house. I did buy a cute little dress yesterday, and spent more than I wanted to, because I knew Bulut would like it.

Funny though, my mom and I were listening to Andrea's Christmas album in the car today. I can't wait to get the NOA2 so Bulut and I can have a beautiful Christmas. Chicago is wonderful during the holiday season and I can't wait. We need to start a club and try to go over or meet up in Turkiye.

My turkish home is Gaziantep

Can't wait to go back!!!!

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Timeline

Ahhhhh Found it, this information is great! I have got to learn more Turkish. I can only say a few words right now and I am heading back in January it is cram time. And my sweetie will be out of touch for the next 4 days, so I would love to surprise him with some new words or be able to say a few things at least!

Nasilsiniz everyone!!!!!

So favorite things about Turkey - Gaziantep- the city is beautiful and loaded with wonderful handicrafts

The food - can't stop thinking about the food and I can actually eat it

I also found a very useful tool for helping me with learning some turkish, it is called Byki 4 Express it is something you download to your computer but it is like virtual flash cards and it forces you to learn how to spell the words as well!

Hi Tuana,if you want to learn some nice words to say to your husband,I can teach you.(I am Turkish)just write me in English and I will translate for you to Turkish.say like, how are you my love(nasilsin askim)I miss you very much(seni cok ozledim)

Look forward to chatting with everyone here! Remember positive postitive positive posts :)

05/27/2010 MARRIED

08/04/2010 I-130 SENT

08/11/2010 NOA1

08/25/2010 TOUCHED

11/02/2010 TOUCHED

11/03/2010 CASE SENT FROM CSC TO TSC

11/04/2010 TOUCHED

11/10/2010 TOUCHED

11/18/2010 TOUCHED

11/19/2010 TOUCHED

11/24/2010 TOUCHED

02/14/2011 RFE (MISSING EVIDENCE)

02/15/2011 RFE RESPOND SENT

03/10/2011 NOA2 APPROVAL(exactly 7 months)211 days

03/14/2011 NOA2 HARD COPY RECEIVED

03/16/2011 FILE SENT TO NVC

NVC

03/18/2011 CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

03/21/2011 RECEIVED IIN,GAVE E-MAILS,3032 SENT

03/22/2011 SENT PAYMENT FOR AOS FEE

03/23/2011 DS-3032 E-MAIL ACCEPTED,AOS SHOWS PAID,SENT AOS PACKAGE

03/24/2011 IV FEE RECEIVED AND PAID

03/28/2011 IV FEE SHOWS PAID,SENT IV PACKAGE

04/08/2011 SIF (SIGN IN FAILED)

04/10/2011 CASE COMPLETE

EMBASSY

05/25/2011 MEDICAL COMPLETED

05/02/2011 INTERVIEW

INTERVIEW RESULTS: APPROVED

POE 05/24/2011 HOUSTON,TEXAS

THANK GOD, IT'S OVER! FINAL! FINISHED! BITTI!

Timeline

Ahhhhh Found it, this information is great! I have got to learn more Turkish. I can only say a few words right now and I am heading back in January it is cram time. And my sweetie will be out of touch for the next 4 days, so I would love to surprise him with some new words or be able to say a few things at least!

Nasilsiniz everyone!!!!!

So favorite things about Turkey - Gaziantep- the city is beautiful and loaded with wonderful handicrafts

The food - can't stop thinking about the food and I can actually eat it

I also found a very useful tool for helping me with learning some turkish, it is called Byki 4 Express it is something you download to your computer but it is like virtual flash cards and it forces you to learn how to spell the words as well!

Hi Tuana,I will be glad to teach all the ladies here some Turkish if you guys want to suprise your hubbies(I am Turkish)I also miss my husband very much but we both speak Turkish so language is not a problem.( he needs to learn english since we are going to live here in the US)

05/27/2010 MARRIED

08/04/2010 I-130 SENT

08/11/2010 NOA1

08/25/2010 TOUCHED

11/02/2010 TOUCHED

11/03/2010 CASE SENT FROM CSC TO TSC

11/04/2010 TOUCHED

11/10/2010 TOUCHED

11/18/2010 TOUCHED

11/19/2010 TOUCHED

11/24/2010 TOUCHED

02/14/2011 RFE (MISSING EVIDENCE)

02/15/2011 RFE RESPOND SENT

03/10/2011 NOA2 APPROVAL(exactly 7 months)211 days

03/14/2011 NOA2 HARD COPY RECEIVED

03/16/2011 FILE SENT TO NVC

NVC

03/18/2011 CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

03/21/2011 RECEIVED IIN,GAVE E-MAILS,3032 SENT

03/22/2011 SENT PAYMENT FOR AOS FEE

03/23/2011 DS-3032 E-MAIL ACCEPTED,AOS SHOWS PAID,SENT AOS PACKAGE

03/24/2011 IV FEE RECEIVED AND PAID

03/28/2011 IV FEE SHOWS PAID,SENT IV PACKAGE

04/08/2011 SIF (SIGN IN FAILED)

04/10/2011 CASE COMPLETE

EMBASSY

05/25/2011 MEDICAL COMPLETED

05/02/2011 INTERVIEW

INTERVIEW RESULTS: APPROVED

POE 05/24/2011 HOUSTON,TEXAS

THANK GOD, IT'S OVER! FINAL! FINISHED! BITTI!

My Home here in Turkey is in Bodrum which is located on the Aegean Sea and is Beautiful! BUT the most beautiful place here is anywhere as long as I am with my Hunny Bunny! (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L)

BTW..

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to ALL of you! :innocent:

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Timeline

Hi there,

I put a recipe for AYRAN on our recipe thread...I just thought I'd let you know incase you became really adventurous and wanted to try again :)

As for your club idea, I love it. That would be so much fun for all of us to get together over there :)

Have a great day!

event.png

2010.07.10 We met

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Timeline

Good Morning All!

Today is December 23, 2010 -- Thursday! Last minute Christmas shopping, traffic and all that around the Bay Area. Not for me, I'd rather have Turkish Kahve with all of you!

I really look forward to waking up in the mornings and reading all the VJ email and posts on the current threads(recipes and here). The way I see it, it's like Christmas everyday and although all of us are far apart, we are together here and its great. I tell Kadir about all of you and he's so happy I have found friends that have this Turkish VJ in common.

So the question of the day is:

Did you get yourself anything special for Christmas? If so, what?

For me, I'm really practical. LOL I got a new clinic & a hairbrush. LOL LOL LOL. Oh and my Oatmeal Cranberry Dunkers from Trader Joes!

A Cheery Holiday Week to you Babes!

Love,

Mariye

PS: Ashley? Next time we're here we want to see your pic in that little number you got for Bulut! LOL

Timeline

Hi Tuana,I will be glad to teach all the ladies here some Turkish if you guys want to suprise your hubbies(I am Turkish)I also miss my husband very much but we both speak Turkish so language is not a problem.( he needs to learn english since we are going to live here in the US)

<Looks around> And where have you been lately Ceyhuni? Please teach us a new [clean] Turkish word everyday! LOL something off the streets, like slang would be good. LOL That oughta knock their socks off! :thumbs:

Mariye

Timeline

Good Morning All!

Today is December 23, 2010 -- Thursday! Last minute Christmas shopping, traffic and all that around the Bay Area. Not for me, I'd rather have Turkish Kahve with all of you!

I really look forward to waking up in the mornings and reading all the VJ email and posts on the current threads(recipes and here). The way I see it, it's like Christmas everyday and although all of us are far apart, we are together here and its great. I tell Kadir about all of you and he's so happy I have found friends that have this Turkish VJ in common.

So the question of the day is:

Did you get yourself anything special for Christmas? If so, what?

For me, I'm really practical. LOL I got a new clinic & a hairbrush. LOL LOL LOL. Oh and my Oatmeal Cranberry Dunkers from Trader Joes!

A Cheery Holiday Week to you Babes!

Love,

Mariye

PS: Ashley? Next time we're here we want to see your pic in that little number you got for Bulut! LOL

In resonse to your question of the day, nope, did not buy myself anyting special for X-mas. But my son will be pleasantly surprised, hopefully. I can't wait for X-mas morning, should be fun. Hairbrush Mari??? Love it! You are too funny.

Merry Christmas to Everyone and thanks to everyone participating in this thead. I have really enjoyed meeting all of you and I greatly appreciate everyone's comments, suggestions and support. I wish all of you the very very best!!!

event.png

2010.07.10 We met

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Timeline

Good Morning Ladies (and husbands too)!

It's Christmas Eve today and I'm thinking of the dream I had last night. My Lola (grandmother) passed when I was still a child and I not only resemble her when she was young, but her spirit is really familiar because we seem to be so much alike. I really miss her; I have many of her things and I love the memories. Last night while in prayer, I thanked God for the VJ friends here and asked that each of us "For Christmas have a sign, a message or a blessing in a translation we each can understand." Since many of us are away from our Askim, the holidays can be lonely and cold, instead of warm and beautiful. It doesn't have to be that way. We just need a little heavenly reminder, that we are not ALONE. :innocent:

Last night I had a dream I picked up my Bible as usual and when I unzipped the cover, my Lola's US Citizenship Program and Certificate fell out. When I flipped through the pages in The Book of Matthew (Chistmas Story), a colour picture of her holding her US Certificate for Citizenship and a white cake with an American Flag! Everything so vivid and real, I remember thinking, "Why am I awake again in the middle of the night?"

This morning, in 2010: I woke up, went straight to that particular Bible, and guess what fell out? Yes! Her picture (it was her Passport picture though in black and white lol), and in the back pages was THE US CITIZENSHIP PROGRAM from that day, for Sworn Oathe! OMG I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO FAINT. For me, this was a prayer answered. For me, it meant that from long before, and to this day, non-immigrants do get the grand opportunity to come to the UNITED STATES and get Sworn in! For me, it was a sweet memory of my Lola and her faith in God too. For me, it made me cry with joyous tears.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but when I get a message like this, I see it and believe it as a blessing and a hope [for all of us, not just me and Kadir]. I had to share it today, being that it meant more to me than something we might buy in a mall.

This, is what Christmas is to me... So Merry Christmas and God Bless All of You!

With Love,

Mariye

***The Facts: My Lola was a Missionary in the Philippines working with American GI's during World War II. My Lolo, (grandfather), was an US Army GI. They met, they married, they had kids *(My mom), and they moved to the States via his US Army Orders, so I guess she had to go through the Immigration process too.. **Note** I am unfamiliar with the process of this sort*** Eventually, Lola got her Green Card and hence the reason for the Celebration!! That was back in the late 1950's.

Question of the Day: It's really not a question, but if you have a special blessing or experience that has happened, please share it here? Afterall, it is Christmas Eve!

Timeline

Good Morning Ladies (and husbands too)!

It's Christmas Eve today and I'm thinking of the dream I had last night. My Lola (grandmother) passed when I was still a child and I not only resemble her when she was young, but her spirit is really familiar because we seem to be so much alike. I really miss her; I have many of her things and I love the memories. Last night while in prayer, I thanked God for the VJ friends here and asked that each of us "For Christmas have a sign, a message or a blessing in a translation we each can understand." Since many of us are away from our Askim, the holidays can be lonely and cold, instead of warm and beautiful. It doesn't have to be that way. We just need a little heavenly reminder, that we are not ALONE. :innocent:

Last night I had a dream I picked up my Bible as usual and when I unzipped the cover, my Lola's US Citizenship Program and Certificate fell out. When I flipped through the pages in The Book of Matthew (Chistmas Story), a colour picture of her holding her US Certificate for Citizenship and a white cake with an American Flag! Everything so vivid and real, I remember thinking, "Why am I awake again in the middle of the night?"

This morning, in 2010: I woke up, went straight to that particular Bible, and guess what fell out? Yes! Her picture (it was her Passport picture though in black and white lol), and in the back pages was THE US CITIZENSHIP PROGRAM from that day, for Sworn Oathe! OMG I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO FAINT. For me, this was a prayer answered. For me, it meant that from long before, and to this day, non-immigrants do get the grand opportunity to come to the UNITED STATES and get Sworn in! For me, it was a sweet memory of my Lola and her faith in God too. For me, it made me cry with joyous tears.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but when I get a message like this, I see it and believe it as a blessing and a hope [for all of us, not just me and Kadir]. I had to share it today, being that it meant more to me than something we might buy in a mall.

This, is what Christmas is to me... So Merry Christmas and God Bless All of You!

With Love,

Mariye

***The Facts: My Lola was a Missionary in the Philippines working with American GI's during World War II. My Lolo, (grandfather), was an US Army GI. They met, they married, they had kids *(My mom), and they moved to the States via his US Army Orders, so I guess she had to go through the Immigration process too.. **Note** I am unfamiliar with the process of this sort*** Eventually, Lola got her Green Card and hence the reason for the Celebration!! That was back in the late 1950's.

Question of the Day: It's really not a question, but if you have a special blessing or experience that has happened, please share it here? Afterall, it is Christmas Eve!

Dear Marie,

How can I say thank you enough for this beautiful post, for giving us all this little blessing, this post of hope on Christmas Eve? All I can say is Thank you Thank you Thank you lady!

Yes, today is very hard for many of us, however, I think we all have to remember that hopefully through our dedication, our perseverence, and our faith, that although this year may seem a little more dark and gloomy, that hopefully by next year all of us will be celebrating the holidays with our Askims. There is opportunity here for each of us, and with each other's support and strength we can make it through these more difficult times. I feel very blessed today to have this form to speak on, to have met these new individuals that share similarities with me and I feel blessed that we can all come here, support each other, share in each other's moments of joy and sorrow.

To everyone here, I wish each of you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Mari,

Again thank you for this post!!!!

event.png

2010.07.10 We met

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi Erika,

Yup all the credit goes to Mari for re-starting this thread but I think it is wonderful. It is so nice to meet everyone and for all of us to share our stories. I am so happy to hear you and hubby made it through the process successfully. And, I hope you two have the opportunity to make it back to Turkey sometime soon.

Our story: I was playing Farmville on Facebook, there was something that I needed more friend for. I found this thread on facebook where you could go and find other Farmville players and add them as friends. I came across Kemal's picture, I melted and so I sent him a msg requesting to add him as a friend. He added me, so I wrote him and said "thank you and hi" and we have been talking and together ever since. Something just clicked and the minute I saw his picture something inside of me just said, talk with him. It was his eyes and his smile. We talked daily almost all day since we first met and in August we decided I should come to visit him. I went in October 2010 had the best time in my life. I am going back in 3 weeks and I absolutely cannot wait. I fell in love with him instantly.

WELL.. I REALLY LOSE THE LINE OF THIS TOPIC, BUT I JUST HAVE TO COMMENT HERE THAT TODAY MY MOOD IS NOT A GOOD ONE. IM REALLY PISSY OFF FROM THIS SITUATION TO NEED WAIT THIS "·$%&/()(/&%$· PPL DO THEIR WORK. I DIDNT REGISTER ANY TOUCHED IN THE WEPLIKN FROM USCIS UNTIL MONTH AND HALF. SO, THE ONLY THING I NEED TO DO ITS GO TO TR FEW DAYS FOR SPEND TIME WITH MY HUSBAND UNTIL THE GOVERNMENT WANNA BRING TO US THE APPROVEMENT LIKE ALL OF U TOO.

I AM REALLY WISHING THIS COUNTRY COULD BE LIKE SOUTH AMERICA, WHERE THE PPL HAVENT ANY PROBLEM TO GET MARRIAGE AND CARRY THEIR LOVED ONE BESIDE OF THEM. BUT THIS ITS THIS !"·$&/))(/&%$·" GOVERNMENT THAT DOESNT APPORT ANYTHING TO ME. JUST A PASSPORT OR CITIZEN BCZ I AM WHO IS GIVING TO THEM ALL.

I MOST TO DO A LOT OF THINGS TO FINISH MY BAG, BCZ I AM CARRYING FOOD FROM HERE TO THERE AND LET MY FAM IN LAW ENJOY OUR TROPICAL FOOD FROM PUERTO RICO. HOPE THE SURPRISE TO ME HUBBY BE AMAIZING IN HIS EYES BCZ ITS A BIG EFFORT TO MY FAM AND ME TOO

Mystery & Ünal

Marriage: July 15, 2010

event.png

I-130:

Sent 10-06-2010

NOA1 10-12-2010

Touched 11-04-2010

Approved: 1-25-2011

105 Days

I-129f (K3)

Sent 10-22-2010

NOA1 10-27-2010

Touched 11-11-2010

Approved: 1-25-2011

89 days

NVC:

Received 02-07-2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.