Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Seriously, do you think Kadir will be mad if I cut and PASTIE his kissy face on the Time-tocker thing... eventually reaching my kissy face? LOL LOL I am so going to work on that!!!

In fact, when I figure it out, I think all us women should do that on this page! roflmao.... He really is going to spank me when he gets home for disruption of other people's work days and being creatively mischievous on that kiss-kiss idea, but funny! :whistle:

I sosooooooooooo think you need to do this. If for nothing else, it will inspire all of us, and that's what matters right :)

:rofl: Disrupting people's work days....Cute....I would not say you are disrupting anything. I would say that you are making the work day more tolerable and more enjoyable, right???

Love the kissy face idea and I think you just simply have to do it!

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Timeline

Hello Ladies (men if you visit too)!

This morning while chatting with Luckywifey --kelly, I explained the reason for this Turk Kahvesi. Here's what I said:

"........ I saw a very common thread among us; we are all married / engaged to Turkish men, all face different personal issues and share some of the same kinds of joys, have our own yankee jobs(including but not limited to, stay at home moms) that differenciate us from each other, all need gf's that understand and listen because of these things I just stated, and we all are going thru the VJ together!" end quote.

I really hope you all have fun on here and get to meet each other as our days on VJ move forward. Please let's stay really postive, support through good and rough times, and encourage one another. Let's cut loose from the waiting pains on here and be ourselves, the reason why our men love us! Let's teach one another about what we learned of Turkey! All of us have traveled through different regions and have so many different experiences we can share. And when we cry? Lend a shoulder and a kind word. (L) Listen to one another's heart (L) I don't think that there is one among us who does not miss their Sweetheart when we are apart. But when we laugh??? Oh when girls laugh together... it makes us cry because we're so joyous! There will be days when the rain will not stop, but the sunshine between us will spread! B-) Overall, may this little Turkish Cafe bring your hearts much love and peace!

Always from my heart to yours,

Mari

Question of the day? What is your name in Turkish? LOL Make it up if you want, or adopt one you love?

Mari, could not agree with you more. This site will definitely be an inspiration to us all (hopefully), be a means of support to get us all through these difficult times of being away from our sweeties and hopefully just provide us all with a source to meet some wonderful new people and share similar life experiences.

For Question of the Day: I do not know what Jenny is in Turkish, that is my legal name. Tuana is my Moslim name which means first drop of rain.

event.png

2010.07.10 We met

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Timeline

I'M HEREEEEE!!! HAHA Ok reading everyone's comments before I actually write something!

Wedding: 7/10/2010

I-130 Sent: 10/08/2010

NOA 1: 10/20/2010

Touched: 10/26/2010

NOA2: 2/10/2011

NVC: 3/6/2011 approx.

No I-864, DS-230 Notification NVC says download files

Emailed Agent form: Response Confirming Change Arrived the Next Day

Mailed I-864 Package: 4/2/2011, Arrived 4/4/2011

DS-230 Received: 4/19/2011

RFE: 5/3/2011, emailed documents same day, email confirmation 5/4/2011

NVC Case Complete: 5/20/2011 (approx. called NVC and they said it was complete so don't know exact date)

Email with Instructions: 5/27/2011

Interview scheduled: 7/14/2011

Consulate had to reschedule, new interview 7/20/2011

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Timeline

Memnum oldum everyone!

Ok catching up to speed, my favorite Turkish foods are: karides guvec, haydari ve the little zucchini patty that starts with an "m" that has slipped my brain all of a sudden, cay (drink I know) and tavuk kebabs from Gaziantep kebabs/kebaps in Selcuk. Amazing. Now 3 questions of my own.

Is is possible to find a restaurant with good alfredo sauce in the summer (preferably in Izmir or Istanbul)? We tried Paper Moon and Rosario's with Rosario being the clear winner in my book and but my hubby prefers Paper Moon (but I think he likes it for the scene more than the food).

Which brings me to my next question. What celebrities have you seen in Turkiye? Every time I go, I see local and international celebrities. The most notable was some Turkish actor with his grandchild and the entire Beskitas football team complete with the media circus (and I had to walk through that to find my way out of Ataturk). This isn't celebrity, but My hubby and I ended up as extras in Ezel. Apparently they LOVE filming in Taksim.

Last but not least, do any yabancilar drink ayran? I just can't, but Bulut swears by it. I just can't, no way, not ever.

By the way, Mari, I pm'd you, but it was from my cell phone so idk if it made it to you.

Wedding: 7/10/2010

I-130 Sent: 10/08/2010

NOA 1: 10/20/2010

Touched: 10/26/2010

NOA2: 2/10/2011

NVC: 3/6/2011 approx.

No I-864, DS-230 Notification NVC says download files

Emailed Agent form: Response Confirming Change Arrived the Next Day

Mailed I-864 Package: 4/2/2011, Arrived 4/4/2011

DS-230 Received: 4/19/2011

RFE: 5/3/2011, emailed documents same day, email confirmation 5/4/2011

NVC Case Complete: 5/20/2011 (approx. called NVC and they said it was complete so don't know exact date)

Email with Instructions: 5/27/2011

Interview scheduled: 7/14/2011

Consulate had to reschedule, new interview 7/20/2011

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Memnum oldum everyone!

Ok catching up to speed, my favorite Turkish foods are: karides guvec, haydari ve the little zucchini patty that starts with an "m" that has slipped my brain all of a sudden, cay (drink I know) and tavuk kebabs from Gaziantep kebabs/kebaps in Selcuk. Amazing. Now 3 questions of my own.

Is is possible to find a restaurant with good alfredo sauce in the summer (preferably in Izmir or Istanbul)? We tried Paper Moon and Rosario's with Rosario being the clear winner in my book and but my hubby prefers Paper Moon (but I think he likes it for the scene more than the food).

Which brings me to my next question. What celebrities have you seen in Turkiye? Every time I go, I see local and international celebrities. The most notable was some Turkish actor with his grandchild and the entire Beskitas football team complete with the media circus (and I had to walk through that to find my way out of Ataturk). This isn't celebrity, but My hubby and I ended up as extras in Ezel. Apparently they LOVE filming in Taksim.

Last but not least, do any yabancilar drink ayran? I just can't, but Bulut swears by it. I just can't, no way, not ever.

By the way, Mari, I pm'd you, but it was from my cell phone so idk if it made it to you.

I love Ayran BUT you have to get a good brand. My Hubby and I were at a Lake outside of Fethiye last year and stopped at a little restaurant by the lake and I had the BEST, I mean the BEST Ayran that I have ever tasted! I understand that you either really like it, or really hate it!

When my Hubby and I travel back and forth from Bodrum to Istanbul, we ALWAYS see Turkish stars at the airport and then of course, if your in the nicer part of Istanbul in the BIG Malls and nicer Restaurants, we see several.. However, I have YET to see a AMERICAN celebrity :no: BUT I know that they frequent Istanbul!

Edited by Luckywife2007

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Wow good idea to start another Turkish thread as the original one has been dead for months!

I have already near completed the VJ with only ROC and naturalization left. My love is snoring next to me as we speak and I don't ever forget the days when we were apart. I so appreciate him being here with me. Being apart for years or months kinda does that to people like us, eh?

As for Turkish food; between hubby and I we have figured out how to make pide, lamahcun, borek and near everything else these past 2 years together. We also found the two-tiered tea thingy maker in a halal market for like $20. Not many Turks here in Tucson, though people say there are! lol

We have not been back to Turkiye yet and I cannot wait to go back-I miss it!

It's so nice to have this new thread! I love it!

I have a question for everyone: how did you all meet and what's your story?

Ours is we met online in an international chat room and then were friends learning each others' languages just for fun and then met in person in Istanbul 6 months later. I knew he was like a soul mate within the first month of talking to him...I knew he was special and he has never let me down! We weren't even looking for love, but it found us. What a crazy story that i would have never dreamed up in a million years, but it's true!

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Timeline

Morning Everybody!

First know I luv yas! Welcome Erika & Hamit and Ashley & Bulut! **Ashley, I was wondering when you were gonna arrive!** lol

OK... I have to say that the first time I tried Ayran, it was my first meal of Adana Kebaps in Istanbul with Kadir and cousins... starving [Ramazan anybody?] & tired from jetlag. Not paying attention, Kadir said, "You drink, you like..." And with a mouthfull of very SOUR, SALTY, MILK OF MAGNESIA Fluid in my oral cavity, I nearly spit that thing at him! <I cannot imagine the look on my face, but his eyes got really BIG when my gag reflex started to take effect as he sat across from me patiently waiting to see what would happen next. His cousin, bless his soul, was scootching over and away from me, trying to make it unnoticeable> I am not sure if it was the mental thought that it also somewhat resembles excretions of the male specimen, or, milk left in the fridge long past its due date. LOL That being said.... I have learned to love it (yeah Ashley, the yabanci loves the stuff with kebaps!). I figure I needed to live and learn like Kadir will do here also. Since I have a love for making homemadeTurkish Yogurt, it becomes easy to make Ayran (Mom inlaw's recipe sans 'measurements'). But in a pinch, I get it at the Middle Eastern Market, which IS TOO THE SAME AS THE TURKISH but Kadir does not believe me! LOL <spit> LOL LOL LOL

As far as celebs? Gosh, when I was there, they were filming a Bollywood movie in Sanlurfa. And yes, Taxim has a load of them running loose! On my last night there, again filming of a man with big curly hair singing on stage and Kadir was just mezmerized. I was more into the fact that U-2 was in town from 'A-mer-i-ka" [really the UK] ...It's Bo-no, .. not "boo- no" I repeated as I was telling K who they were. LOL Oh the fun and the memories!

I love this hour in the morning I think. It is now 5:24am SF time. It really is quiet and peaceful. It gives me time to myself to write you all on this little page of friends coming together with more and more in common than we might have expected.

I miss my Sweetheart, Kadir and I miss Turkey too. But I am very happy about meeting all of you!

Love,

Mariye

Edited by Mari & Kadir

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

Memnum oldum everyone!

Oh wow you did!? Would that be on this VJ thing, or on the hotmail messie? *remember, I'm the one who is a little IT challenged?* MRS ASHLEY I am happy to see you here GURLY! One of these days I'm going to learn how we can all be on SKYPE like a conference call from anywhere we all are! Luv ya! Mari

PS: Did you see what I wrote about Aryan? LOL LOL

Timeline

Wow good idea to start another Turkish thread as the original one has been dead for months!

I have already near completed the VJ with only ROC and naturalization left. My love is snoring next to me as we speak and I don't ever forget the days when we were apart. I so appreciate him being here with me. Being apart for years or months kinda does that to people like us, eh?

As for Turkish food; between hubby and I we have figured out how to make pide, lamahcun, borek and near everything else these past 2 years together. We also found the two-tiered tea thingy maker in a halal market for like $20. Not many Turks here in Tucson, though people say there are! lol

Ours is we met online in an international chat room and then were friends learning each others' languages just for fun and then met in person in Istanbul 6 months later. I knew he was like a soul mate within the first month of talking to him...I knew he was special and he has never let me down! We weren't even looking for love, but it found us. What a crazy story that i would have never dreamed up in a million years, but it's true!

Morning Erika!

A West Coaster too! Welcome and Thanks for joining this little thread!

You two sound great in the kitchen together and that is one thing we have in common as couples; we love to cook, esp. Turkish cuisine. Tuana, also has a love for yemek yapmak Turkce! (making Turkish food) I think she started a thread in our portal for recipes. So maybe we can share amongst us too!

I am in San Francisco. I love it here because of the diversity of the Bay Area; talk about a mixture of cultures! Have you ever been here?

Kadir and I met via online-- military friends, (like most everybody here). We became best of friends, and now look where we are!? Wow! I love what you wrote about your love being next to you because more than anything I wish to God, Kadir was next to me now. He's currently on USAF Base- Iraq, working. I think I've said this a million times before, but the blessing in all of this is that I (maybe 'we' as a whole?), have learned never to take advantage of my/our mate(s), or the time we get to be with them; spiritually, mentally, emotionally, or physically.

Luv ya Erika!

Mariye

Timeline

Hi Erika,

Yup all the credit goes to Mari for re-starting this thread but I think it is wonderful. It is so nice to meet everyone and for all of us to share our stories. I am so happy to hear you and hubby made it through the process successfully. And, I hope you two have the opportunity to make it back to Turkey sometime soon.

Our story: I was playing Farmville on Facebook, there was something that I needed more friend for. I found this thread on facebook where you could go and find other Farmville players and add them as friends. I came across Kemal's picture, I melted and so I sent him a msg requesting to add him as a friend. He added me, so I wrote him and said "thank you and hi" and we have been talking and together ever since. Something just clicked and the minute I saw his picture something inside of me just said, talk with him. It was his eyes and his smile. We talked daily almost all day since we first met and in August we decided I should come to visit him. I went in October 2010 had the best time in my life. I am going back in 3 weeks and I absolutely cannot wait. I fell in love with him instantly.

event.png

2010.07.10 We met

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Timeline

I just put on Andre Bocelli Christmas CD and this is the first time up until now I have even wanted to listen to anything Christmas bc my Kadir is not with me --- just doesn't feel like Christmas to me. His gifts are in my closet waiting for him when he comes here. Here I am joyous over meeting all of you and as it helps ease the waiting pains, I just sat here listening to Bocelli's voice and the tears started rolling. :crying: I guess its good to let it out but gosh, sure can get lonely at times. mari.

I just put on Andre Bocelli Christmas CD and this is the first time up until now I have even wanted to listen to anything Christmas bc my Kadir is not with me --- just doesn't feel like Christmas to me. His gifts are in my closet waiting for him when he comes here. Here I am joyous over meeting all of you and as it helps ease the waiting pains, I just sat here listening to Bocelli's voice and the tears started rolling. :crying: I guess its good to let it out but gosh, sure can get lonely at times. mari.

Awww Mari... this makes me wanna cry :crying: and I can only imagine.... I am glad that we met here on VJ and know that we are here for you and each other! Crying is good, even though sometimes it bothers the ones that we are around at the time as they don't really understand what we may be going through... I don't know about you, but my tear duct is very close to the surface and I can cry at the drop of a hat! I feel like after I cry, a lot of unease and tension is let out! BTW your choice of music is very good. I love Mannheim Steamrollers Christmas collection and have 2 of their Christmas CD's and I am hoping that they are still in our car here! I love Christmas Music and often brings tears to my eyes just listening!

Before you know it, your sweetheart will be there by your side and this time next year will be very joyous for the two of :innocent: you, you just wait and see girlie!

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Timeline

Awww Mari... this makes me wanna cry :crying: and I can only imagine.... I am glad that we met here on VJ and know that we are here for you and each other! Crying is good, even though sometimes it bothers the ones that we are around at the time as they don't really understand what we may be going through... I don't know about you, but my tear duct is very close to the surface and I can cry at the drop of a hat! I feel like after I cry, a lot of unease and tension is let out! BTW your choice of music is very good. I love Mannheim Steamrollers Christmas collection and have 2 of their Christmas CD's and I am hoping that they are still in our car here! I love Christmas Music and often brings tears to my eyes just listening!

Before you know it, your sweetheart will be there by your side and this time next year will be very joyous for the two of :innocent: you, you just wait and see girlie!

Thank you for the shoulder to cry on. I love all kinds of music and Bocelli, Il Divo and some of the other Operatic-Pop (sarah brightman), I just love.

I think for Christmas this year, I will go to the Opera or see the SF Symphony with my son. There's a new theatre production out in The City and I am very interested in seeing that one. I'll have to look and see where the adverts are for it. Book those tickets, get in my formal dress and go.

OMG KADIR CALLING AS I AM WRITING THIS and I AM CRYING !!!!!!!!!!! <drying eyes hurry up mari!!> BRB!!!!!

Thank you for the shoulder to cry on. I love all kinds of music and Bocelli, Il Divo and some of the other Operatic-Pop (sarah brightman), I just love.

I think for Christmas this year, I will go to the Opera or see the SF Symphony with my son. There's a new theatre production out in The City and I am very interested in seeing that one. I'll have to look and see where the adverts are for it. Book those tickets, get in my formal dress and go.

OMG KADIR CALLING AS I AM WRITING THIS and I AM CRYING !!!!!!!!!!! <drying eyes hurry up mari!!> BRB!!!!!

Good,

He has impeccable timing... must be the Turkish in him... and yes, I think that you should get the good "duds" out and enjoy a night out with the son at a Theater or Opera... or something.....and Dinner too! B-)

Timeline

OMG so now the both of you two have me crying. Between the Music and missing our sweethearts. Oh my goodness. I am with you girls. One minute I am completely happy, then I will see a picture, I will have a memory and I turn to puddles of tears. This is so difficult at times. I don't know about all of you but my whole life I have waited and wanted that special person who made me feel like I was the most important thing in this world. My the grace of God/ALLAH this person was brought into my life, but I can not touch him, I can not see him, I can not be with him daily and it is such a struggle. However, I believe that this struggle, this pain we go through now, will make us stronger, make our relationships with our future husbands stronger and gives us the tools we need to learn how to cope. We just all have to stay strong and positive, of course we will have our moments of weakness but that is what this forum is all about, support and being there for each other. Anyway you two, thanks for these posts, you remind us all about the most important things in life, what not to take for granted and reminds us to focus on our futures.

event.png

2010.07.10 We met

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.