Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

and how do you add the tickers...grrrrr having a hard time getting mine to show!:)

Yeah you made it! Happy to see you here Michele and thanks for joining the thread. I hope you get to visit here often, have some fun and laugh so hard with us that time flies by! :luv:

Hugs to you (F)

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

All, i hope this inspires all of you to keep the faith and keep your will and confidence. Below is our story of my fiance going to Anakara on Jan 5th for the visa interview.

Hi,

Hulya didnt go to early for the medical exam( 2.5 weeks early) and after a few days she received the results. The day of the interview she went early around 7:30- and waited and at 8:30 they went inside.

She soon was told her passport style photo would not work( they could not see her ear good) , she was starting to freek and then was told she could go nearby and have a new photo made. She did go fast and took a new photo. I can imagine the stress she was under at that point. I can say she thought it was over when they said the photo was not usable . she was thinking she would need to reschedule and come to Ankara at a later time. Wow that was an awfull feeling i am sure.

As it turned out after she got the new photo Hulya was lucky. Her interviewer was a nice guy. He didnt make to hard on her. He could also see we had a strong relationship and that i had been there a lot. we were engaged in Istanbul and we had a lot of proof.

After the interview Hulya called me here in Ohio at 3:00 ish and she was crying and my heart sank. But , i soon learned she was crying for happiness she got the visa.

In the end its all about the good documents and the proof. If you have all the docs correct and the proof it will help you to be confident for the interview. That is what gave Hulya and i strength. We knew we were real and we had a lot of proof. So, be prepared in advance and dont stress to much ok . The process is long and keep LOVING each other and it will work out.

Hulya and i wish you the very best and if you need any help with questions let me know. i wil do my best to answer as soon as i can. Good luck to all of you.

Best Regards,

Clay and Hulya

All, i hope this inspires all of you to keep the faith and keep your will and confidence. Below is our story of my fiance going to Anakara on Jan 5th for the visa interview.

Hi,

Hulya didnt go to early for the medical exam( 2.5 weeks early) and after a few days she received the results. The day of the interview she went early around 7:30- and waited and at 8:30 they went inside.

She soon was told her passport style photo would not work( they could not see her ear good) , she was starting to freek and then was told she could go nearby and have a new photo made. She did go fast and took a new photo. I can imagine the stress she was under at that point. I can say she thought it was over when they said the photo was not usable . she was thinking she would need to reschedule and come to Ankara at a later time. Wow that was an awfull feeling i am sure.

As it turned out after she got the new photo Hulya was lucky. Her interviewer was a nice guy. He didnt make to hard on her. He could also see we had a strong relationship and that i had been there a lot. we were engaged in Istanbul and we had a lot of proof.

After the interview Hulya called me here in Ohio at 3:00 ish and she was crying and my heart sank. But , i soon learned she was crying for happiness she got the visa.

In the end its all about the good documents and the proof. If you have all the docs correct and the proof it will help you to be confident for the interview. That is what gave Hulya and i strength. We knew we were real and we had a lot of proof. So, be prepared in advance and dont stress to much ok . The process is long and keep LOVING each other and it will work out.

Hulya and i wish you the very best and if you need any help with questions let me know. i wil do my best to answer as soon as i can. Good luck to all of you.

Best Regards,

Clay and Hulya

Congratulations Clay,

I am so Happy for the two of you... can you tell me when you filed the application... I am trying to follow the interview schedule on the Embassies Website for Ankara...

When is your Hunny coming to the the USA? Keep all of us informed here of your wedding and progress through this trying Journey! :hehe:

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Timeline

Hi,

Best Regards,

Clay and Hulya

Clay and Hulya Congrats and thank you for posting on this thread for all of us. Most definitely very good news for the AmeriTurks!! :dance:

How long does it typically take to have the Visa in hand once she's approved? A week via UPS?

Best to you both!

Mari

Edited by Mari & Kadir

Congratulations Clay,

I am so Happy for the two of you... can you tell me when you filed the application... I am trying to follow the interview schedule on the Embassies Website for Ankara...

When is your Hunny coming to the the USA? Keep all of us informed here of your wedding and progress through this trying Journey! :hehe:

Posted this again as it looks as if it was part of your previous post!

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Timeline

Congratulations Clay,

Posted this again as it looks as if it was part of your previous post!

Actually the passport arrived yesterday so it took 3 days for Hulya to receive it.

I will get the actual file date and post it here. But i can say we got delayed maybe three weeks becuase christmas holiday fell in our time. So we had a Jan 5th interview date.

The good news is we got the visa and we appreciate all the good wishes .

For all of you waiting now. Take comfort in knowing you will get the visa. Remember, have the documents ready and have them correct. Have the proof ready. Give them all the proof you can. In the end it will work out. We were nervous and had a lot of proof and i guess we should have been more relaxed but you all know how hard it is when you love some one so much and want to be with them.

Best Regards to you all and future success in 2011.

Clay and Hulya

Timeline

Actually the passport arrived yesterday so it took 3 days for Hulya to receive it.

I will get the actual file date and post it here. But i can say we got delayed maybe three weeks becuase christmas holiday fell in our time. So we had a Jan 5th interview date.

The good news is we got the visa and we appreciate all the good wishes .

For all of you waiting now. Take comfort in knowing you will get the visa. Remember, have the documents ready and have them correct. Have the proof ready. Give them all the proof you can. In the end it will work out. We were nervous and had a lot of proof and i guess we should have been more relaxed but you all know how hard it is when you love some one so much and want to be with them.

Best Regards to you all and future success in 2011.

Clay and Hulya

:star::dance::star:

Nothing but smiles here :D

Timeline

Question for any of you who might be able to help (KELLY/ASHLEY):

I am currently going through the I-129F process with my fiance and I have a question that we have been unable to find the answer to. My fiance is currently a student so he has not served in the Turkish military. Is it possible for him to still be approved to get a K-1 Visa to come here eventhough he has not served in the military? Does anyone know the stipulations around this? If he is able to come without serving in the military will there be any restrictions that could be imposed upon him? I.E if he was approved for the visa to come here, could they hold him if he returned home later on and require him to pay monies to the Turkish government in lieu of serving, or could they hold him there and refuse him the right to return home until he serves?

Any information anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Timeline

:star::dance::star:

Nothing but smiles here :D

All,

i am very happy to say Hulya, my fiance arrives here in Ohio Jan 11th this tuesday.

Let the celebration begin :)

That day will be a very special day. I am sending my best wishes to all of you and hope you can have the same celebration soon.

Regards,

Clay

Timeline

Clay and Hulya!

Tomorrow is Jan 11th!!!! Wooohooo for the AmeriTurk Family!!

I am so happy for you both.

(L) May God shine shine shine all around your lives always and forever (L)

Mari and Kadir

WELCOME TO AMERICA HULYA!

free-clipart-american-flags-with-america-map.gif

Timeline

Tuana! Have a safe journey to Turkey today!

Maribel, Welcome home from Turkey, yesterday!

Kelly? Where are you?

Nihal, How's it going Belly Dancer?

Ashley, come here and help me move my office please! LOL In fact, all of you come here and help me move my office please!

Selvi, Did you say your interview is soon?

And, Clay and Hulya, you must be over the moon she's HERE!!!

Love you all,

Mari

Timeline

Tuana! Have a safe journey to Turkey today!

Maribel, Welcome home from Turkey, yesterday!

Kelly? Where are you?

Nihal, How's it going Belly Dancer?

Ashley, come here and help me move my office please! LOL In fact, all of you come here and help me move my office please!

Selvi, Did you say your interview is soon?

And, Clay and Hulya, you must be over the moon she's HERE!!!

Love you all,

Mari

05/27/2010 MARRIED

08/04/2010 I-130 SENT

08/11/2010 NOA1

08/25/2010 TOUCHED

11/02/2010 TOUCHED

11/03/2010 CASE SENT FROM CSC TO TSC

11/04/2010 TOUCHED

11/10/2010 TOUCHED

11/18/2010 TOUCHED

11/19/2010 TOUCHED

11/24/2010 TOUCHED

02/14/2011 RFE (MISSING EVIDENCE)

02/15/2011 RFE RESPOND SENT

03/10/2011 NOA2 APPROVAL(exactly 7 months)211 days

03/14/2011 NOA2 HARD COPY RECEIVED

03/16/2011 FILE SENT TO NVC

NVC

03/18/2011 CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

03/21/2011 RECEIVED IIN,GAVE E-MAILS,3032 SENT

03/22/2011 SENT PAYMENT FOR AOS FEE

03/23/2011 DS-3032 E-MAIL ACCEPTED,AOS SHOWS PAID,SENT AOS PACKAGE

03/24/2011 IV FEE RECEIVED AND PAID

03/28/2011 IV FEE SHOWS PAID,SENT IV PACKAGE

04/08/2011 SIF (SIGN IN FAILED)

04/10/2011 CASE COMPLETE

EMBASSY

05/25/2011 MEDICAL COMPLETED

05/02/2011 INTERVIEW

INTERVIEW RESULTS: APPROVED

POE 05/24/2011 HOUSTON,TEXAS

THANK GOD, IT'S OVER! FINAL! FINISHED! BITTI!

Timeline

Hello everybody,I am back into track again,thank you all for your support,specially Mari(love you)Tuana,thank you again.I have been reading forums and very dissapointed with CSC,TSC,VSC,they are not approving anyone,people are over their timeline like myself(over 5 mo.)some are over 6 months and no NOA2.This is taking soooooooo long and some people are withdrawing their petition and it is so sad.If I don't hear anything by the end of this month,I will start writing to my congressman/woman.Now,they are saying it might take 8 mo. before they start approving people. :angry:

Nerede benim NOA2?=where is my NOA2?

Kocami ozledim=I miss my husband

Love ya'll,Nihal

05/27/2010 MARRIED

08/04/2010 I-130 SENT

08/11/2010 NOA1

08/25/2010 TOUCHED

11/02/2010 TOUCHED

11/03/2010 CASE SENT FROM CSC TO TSC

11/04/2010 TOUCHED

11/10/2010 TOUCHED

11/18/2010 TOUCHED

11/19/2010 TOUCHED

11/24/2010 TOUCHED

02/14/2011 RFE (MISSING EVIDENCE)

02/15/2011 RFE RESPOND SENT

03/10/2011 NOA2 APPROVAL(exactly 7 months)211 days

03/14/2011 NOA2 HARD COPY RECEIVED

03/16/2011 FILE SENT TO NVC

NVC

03/18/2011 CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

03/21/2011 RECEIVED IIN,GAVE E-MAILS,3032 SENT

03/22/2011 SENT PAYMENT FOR AOS FEE

03/23/2011 DS-3032 E-MAIL ACCEPTED,AOS SHOWS PAID,SENT AOS PACKAGE

03/24/2011 IV FEE RECEIVED AND PAID

03/28/2011 IV FEE SHOWS PAID,SENT IV PACKAGE

04/08/2011 SIF (SIGN IN FAILED)

04/10/2011 CASE COMPLETE

EMBASSY

05/25/2011 MEDICAL COMPLETED

05/02/2011 INTERVIEW

INTERVIEW RESULTS: APPROVED

POE 05/24/2011 HOUSTON,TEXAS

THANK GOD, IT'S OVER! FINAL! FINISHED! BITTI!

Timeline

Hello everybody,I am back into track again,thank you all for your support,specially Mari(love you)Tuana,thank you again.I have been reading forums and very dissapointed with CSC,TSC,VSC,they are not approving anyone,people are over their timeline like myself(over 5 mo.)some are over 6 months and no NOA2.This is taking soooooooo long and some people are withdrawing their petition and it is so sad.If I don't hear anything by the end of this month,I will start writing to my congressman/woman.Now,they are saying it might take 8 mo. before they start approving people. :angry:

Nerede benim NOA2?=where is my NOA2?

Kocami ozledim=I miss my husband

Love ya'll,Nihal

I sure hope we're not at 8 mos! Can't say I blame you for writing congressman at the end of this month either. Gosh.... :crying:

Timeline

(L) OK Nihal,and ladies! (L)

Let's read the Member's status postings that get happy because they got to talk with their Darling, or the ones that are on their way to visit for a week , how about the ones that finally get signal and can talk to their Askim for 3 mins just to hear their voice, look at the joy at the newbies getting NOA1's. And of course, the ones that pass interview. Remain positive; don't look at the numbers.... LOOK WE HAVE CLAY and HULYA! :dance: She's here! In fact, go and read Clay's post when he found out she was on her way to the States. This gives me hope.:innocent: Continue to pray for one another and be grateful we have a beloved; some are still looking for theirs and I bet you they'd love to be in our shoes. We have that loving committed relationship they seek even if we are apart from them TEMPORARILY. This too shall pass.

If I look at how low the numbers are, I'll start to get weepy. Look up and let's stick together and keep very good attitude ok? We're AmeriTurks, let's stay strong.

WE CAN DO THIS!

Maybe we should take a little Las Vegas trip in the spring before all our Askims get here! You know, just to check out the chapels and the shows! Wha'd ya think? LOL LOL LOL

Seni Cok Seviyorum Arkadaslarimla :luv:

Mariye (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.