Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am enjoying this a lot, im new on these pages . My sweet heart and i have a big day coming Jan 5th in Anakara. Its interview day. we pray she will take the visa. Reaching out to all of you to pray for us. she is traveling alone that day . Its a long trip and i know stees filled day for her.

I have went to Turkey a lot over the past year. Traveled and enjoyed it a lot with me sweet heart. I will say much of the food is great and fresh.

sweet tooth should be my nickname. I love sutlach yummmmi. Anyway, i am also learning Turkish and will check out the links you posted here.

will keep reading these pages and hope i can tell everyone some good news Jan 5th.

happy New Year to everyone.

Cok tesskur Ederim,

C

Welcome CBark to theTukd Kahvesi Chat!! Very happy that you're enjoying this thread and thanks for coming along side and saying hello! I am very excited to meet (I can probably say that most of us are). Looking forward to seeing more of your post here! Mari :)

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

Hello Mari and everyone!

Wow, where do I start? So many pages I have read since my last post. Hope I don't forget anything.

I know it gets lonely so I would feel like I was right next to my love at night was to listen to Turkish music while I slept and got ready for work: I streamed it here and played it from my computer: http://www.creatonic...e/i_trworld.htm I personally listened to Radyo D Istanbul and I listened to it while I slept. Then when the DJ came on for the morning show I listened to Turkish being spoken and caught up on some Istanbul gossip. It really made me feel so much better and near to Hamit.

To help me learn Turkish I bought some books and also had the BYKI Turkish online program like someone else mentioned here. Also, to pass the time and help with Turkish once again, I watched some of my favorite Turkish music videos on YouTube and tried to learn all the lyrics then I'd have a drink and sing to myself ha ha ha (I don't really drink, but when it's gets too lonely...lol)Don't laugh! he he

Well, I am writing in this forum because I remember vividly how it felt to be apart. When I get sick of his snoring or something I remember when we were apart and it is all better! Also, today is our 3 year anniversary (Turkish time anyway) of our first online meeting. So we have known each other 3 years! Wow, how time flies.

As for the Ayran...yuck. It is definitely an acquired taste. When i first tried it, I was like ughhhhhh how do you drink it??!! And yes, the Halal market here has AYran that isn't Turkish, but it is the same thing. So tell Kadir that! he he After a while, I actually like the taste of it ....sometimes.

Everyone have a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!

Erika

Morning Erika and Hamit!

I hope you both had a great Christmas! Was this Hamit's first one? Or when the two of you were apart, did you celebrate trans-atlantic style? I'm going to post on the forum... hugs girl! Mari

Timeline

HAHA, I really miss Bulut. Oh I got your pm :D. It started to hit me hard when everyone kept asking me if Bulut was here and I had to say no. Then I took a few pics in front of the Christmas tree to send to him and ughhhhhhhhhhh. I dont' like it. I swear we need to get together in Turkiye this summer. How about a trip to Izmir when all of this is over. No, I think all of us should meet somewhere in the states after all of our spouses are approved. I think the first meeting should be in Chicago. Ok, I'm rambling, but I think it would be so much fun to finally see, hear, touch, etc. the ppl (and the spouses) that have started to morph into extended families during this whole process.

Excuse me, but where are you now? Shopping? I have been trying to pm you but then again, I got this ugly little pc virus that requires my full attention. GIRLS*** If you get a "Security Sheild, or Security Tools" DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT!!! It tells you its an antivirus and antimalware safety software for you PC and it's THE PICKIN VIRUS! Not only that it sweeps your Administrator authority from you, and then when you try to do a scan or use a antivirus program on it, it denies its access to your pc. Nice eh??? Now have pc on safe mode and running proper antimal and antivirus programs that are very strong. Good.

Well? Where's the pic of you in that hot little dress by the tree? LOL.... Let's see it! And I think we all ought to meet too, but IN SAN FRANCISCO!

love,

Mari :lol:

Timeline

Morning Ladies!

Today, is Dec. 26th, the day after Christmas. I hope some got the experience of homemade Ayran with Christmas Cookies! NOT. For me, I went out for Christmas Eve: prime rib, lobster and prawns. SF food yanno? Speaking of San Francisco..... lol. I am in full agreement (with Ashley), that we all get to meet at some point! <hint hint> What about San Francisco or Las Vegas!? < reminds self of budget & pinches Ashley LOL> :devil:

I am still waiting for my anti-malware and anti-virus to complete and its taking a long, very long, time. So I am here... reading and cooking at the same time.

Kadir did call yesterday for Christmas! I will tell you that I nearly had fainted when he put me on hold after saying, "Merry Christmas...love you... you wait me please?" <Mari waits a long time & hangs up till he can call me again> RING RING, it's him! "Bebegim, Bomba here ... on way to bunker. Will call u after ten minutes." I know better than to panic although everything in my being is freaking out. So, I told him, be safe and I love u too. I will be here, Askimsin.

He hasn't called me back yet. The blessing is that I did hear his voice and I know in my heart he is OK. I have to believe that, or I'll drive myself crazy. So, waiting. It seems I am always waiting. I wait for my pc to be devoid of any malware or virus. I wait for the NOA2. Now, I wait for one of the most important calls in the world to me; Kadir's. Waiting. It really requires a saint and I am not one of them.

I am very happy to have all of you on this thread. It keeps me sane for the most part when life gets a little much. Thanks girls for this AmeriTurk family!

Love,

Mari

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Merhaba my Turkish-American friends and future International Families :lol:

Now my love and I impatiently waiting letter from NVC :wow: I want all Turkish-American couples continue our relationship even after our visas approved,let continue respond even when we are in US.

I love you all and happy we are together and support each other. :lol:

Timeline

Merhaba my Turkish-American friends and future International Families :lol:

Now my love and I impatiently waiting letter from NVC :wow: I want all Turkish-American couples continue our relationship even after our visas approved,let continue respond even when we are in US.

I love you all and happy we are together and support each other. :lol:

Merhaba and congratulations!!! I am very happy for you and good luck to you on your NVC journey.

05/27/2010 MARRIED

08/04/2010 I-130 SENT

08/11/2010 NOA1

08/25/2010 TOUCHED

11/02/2010 TOUCHED

11/03/2010 CASE SENT FROM CSC TO TSC

11/04/2010 TOUCHED

11/10/2010 TOUCHED

11/18/2010 TOUCHED

11/19/2010 TOUCHED

11/24/2010 TOUCHED

02/14/2011 RFE (MISSING EVIDENCE)

02/15/2011 RFE RESPOND SENT

03/10/2011 NOA2 APPROVAL(exactly 7 months)211 days

03/14/2011 NOA2 HARD COPY RECEIVED

03/16/2011 FILE SENT TO NVC

NVC

03/18/2011 CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

03/21/2011 RECEIVED IIN,GAVE E-MAILS,3032 SENT

03/22/2011 SENT PAYMENT FOR AOS FEE

03/23/2011 DS-3032 E-MAIL ACCEPTED,AOS SHOWS PAID,SENT AOS PACKAGE

03/24/2011 IV FEE RECEIVED AND PAID

03/28/2011 IV FEE SHOWS PAID,SENT IV PACKAGE

04/08/2011 SIF (SIGN IN FAILED)

04/10/2011 CASE COMPLETE

EMBASSY

05/25/2011 MEDICAL COMPLETED

05/02/2011 INTERVIEW

INTERVIEW RESULTS: APPROVED

POE 05/24/2011 HOUSTON,TEXAS

THANK GOD, IT'S OVER! FINAL! FINISHED! BITTI!

I am enjoying this a lot, im new on these pages . My sweet heart and i have a big day coming Jan 5th in Anakara. Its interview day. we pray she will take the visa. Reaching out to all of you to pray for us. she is traveling alone that day . Its a long trip and i know stees filled day for her.

I have went to Turkey a lot over the past year. Traveled and enjoyed it a lot with me sweet heart. I will say much of the food is great and fresh.

sweet tooth should be my nickname. I love sutlach yummmmi. Anyway, i am also learning Turkish and will check out the links you posted here.

will keep reading these pages and hope i can tell everyone some good news Jan 5th.

happy New Year to everyone.

Cok tesskur Ederim,

C

Hi There..

When did you file your K-1 application? I am looking on the Website for the American Embassy in Ankara and seen the link that shows all of the Interviews and dates... and as I am always curious about the number(s) that are attached with the date of the interview IE (ANK2010773034) and then the type of visa and then the interview date. I am trying to make sense of how they put these numbers together and if they have any meaning that we can figure out....that is why I asked when you filed and then I can go from there...

Thanks!

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Timeline

Hi There..

When did you file your K-1 application? I am looking on the Website for the American Embassy in Ankara and seen the link that shows all of the Interviews and dates... and as I am always curious about the number(s) that are attached with the date of the interview IE (ANK2010773034) and then the type of visa and then the interview date. I am trying to make sense of how they put these numbers together and if they have any meaning that we can figure out....that is why I asked when you filed and then I can go from there...

Thanks!

Ouuuuuuu Kelly, you are brilliant! Good thing we have you there to 'watch' for us. LOL Where did you find that list, I want to remember that for our future date there.

Good Going!:thumbs:

Mari

Ouuuuuuu Kelly, you are brilliant! Good thing we have you there to 'watch' for us. LOL Where did you find that list, I want to remember that for our future date there.

Good Going!:thumbs:

Mari

Hey,

Isn't that just great! I love it when I find these things and always by happenstance! :rofl:

Here is the link and as soon as I get a reply from my first post regarding this I can investigate even further and will keep you updated! :thumbs:

Here is the link

http://www.usemb-ankara.org.tr/consular/english/schedule_iv.html

and they update it twice a month!

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Timeline

Let the Good Times Roll.

Good Morning AMERITURKS! <namely the GURLS> :luv:

Today is Dec 28, 2010. It's the beginning of the week before the end of another year gone. I can't believe how quickly this last year flew by. I am sure like the rest of the world, we have experienced great things, and not so great things. One thing I know is that I am very much looking forward to 2011. For the sake of all of us here on VJ... let the good times roll! C'mon if the past year flew by, then maybe our waiting pains will subside to the fact that time does not stand still by any stretch of the word. It moves with fluidity and every moment counts.

With a laptop in one hand and a coffee in the other, I sit here thinking about the word, "ONE". Silly to think of a word that keeps repeating in my mind. Yet if you think about it, it does work well with the words like , "TIME and MOMENT".

1. There is only one moment in time that cannot repeat itself exactly the same twice ; be it good or bad. *it may seem like it though* But when time passes, it's over and we move forward.

2. When there is only one of something left, sometimes we wish for more of the same. Have you experienced this?

3. When we have one favourite of anything; a dress or pair of shoes, maybe an heirloom, our pets, our children (yes even if we have a dozen of these, each ONE is unique), we tend to cherish them specially.

You see, we only have one life. We have one love (our Askims). And when two lovers marry, we have one heart together. One.

It's my purpose to cherish every minute be it good or not, every breath, and every opportunity I am given, every day of my life that is left. Big statement and I'm not perfect so I expect that there will be days I fall short of this glory. Good thing God extends His Grace and gives me another chance.

One.

What's one thing that you love about your Askim? Why not tell him or her while you have the chance. I'm sure they'll respond in kind.

** I'd love to read what each of us love about our Sweethearts. ONE THING**

Let the Good Times Roll!

Happy End of the Year!

Love,

Mariye

PS: I Hate to do things twice when I could have done it right in the first place! So while writing this, Kadir called and its the ONE TIME WE GOT A CLEAR SIGNAL!!! So if I have typos, forgive me.... this once. lol

Edited by Mari & Kadir

Timeline

OK. Ladies,Request by MARIYE,I am going to post a new (nice) :rofl: .Turkish word for you all.(naughty words by request only) :rofl:

here it goes,word of the day

KARNIN ACMI,SEVGILIM (car-nin acmi) =Are you hungry darling.

YEMEK HAZIR=FOOD IS READY

Good luck to everyone!

Love,Nihal

05/27/2010 MARRIED

08/04/2010 I-130 SENT

08/11/2010 NOA1

08/25/2010 TOUCHED

11/02/2010 TOUCHED

11/04/2010 TOUCHED

11/10/2010 TOUCHED

11/18/2010 TOUCHED

11/19/2010 TOUCHED

11/24/2010 TOUCHED

NVC

04/10/2011 CASE COMPLETE

EMBASSY

05/02/2011 INTERVIEW

Timeline

OK. Ladies,Request by MARIYE,I am going to post a new (nice) :rofl: .Turkish word for you all.(naughty words by request only) :rofl:

here it goes,word of the day

KARNIN ACMI,SEVGILIM (car-nin acmi) =Are you hungry darling.

YEMEK HAZIR=FOOD IS READY

Good luck to everyone!

Love,Nihal

Morning Nihal!

Thank you so much for those. Where is today's? LOL kidding... How's everything going? Miss u!

<Hugs>

Mari

Timeline

YENI YILINIZ KUTLU OLSUN! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL TURK KAHVESI LADIES!

I HOPE THIS WILL BE OUR LAST NEW YEAR CELEBRATING WITHOUT OUR ASKIMS!!! 142 DAYS TODAY AND WAITING ,EXPECTING NOA2 NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS INSALLAH....

LOVE YOU ALL,

NIHAL

P.S.WORD OF THE DAY YENI YILIN KUTLU OLSUN ASKIIIIIIIIM

05/27/2010 MARRIED

08/04/2010 I-130 SENT

08/11/2010 NOA1

08/25/2010 TOUCHED

11/02/2010 TOUCHED

11/04/2010 TOUCHED

11/10/2010 TOUCHED

11/18/2010 TOUCHED

11/19/2010 TOUCHED

11/24/2010 TOUCHED

NVC

04/10/2011 CASE COMPLETE

EMBASSY

05/02/2011 INTERVIEW

Timeline

Happy New Years All!!!

May this year bring much love, joy and peace to each. (L) And may this be the last year we'll be apart from our Askims (L)

So what's everyone doing tonight?

Love yas!

Mariye

Timeline

I am going out to this Club(own by Turkish guy)with my friends.They will play all Turkish music,disco night.I will call Ceyhun right at 12 o'clock so we can go to 2011 together.I already called Turkey at their time to celebrate,they are 8 hours ahead.

Again,I am wishing everybody,good health,happiness,togetherness with your ASKIM and NOA2 in 2011.

05/27/2010 MARRIED

08/04/2010 I-130 SENT

08/11/2010 NOA1

08/25/2010 TOUCHED

11/02/2010 TOUCHED

11/04/2010 TOUCHED

11/10/2010 TOUCHED

11/18/2010 TOUCHED

11/19/2010 TOUCHED

11/24/2010 TOUCHED

NVC

04/10/2011 CASE COMPLETE

EMBASSY

05/02/2011 INTERVIEW

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.