Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello Mari,

No worries we wont lose in touch i wish all of us can meet in person someday i would like to share all of my information to all of you so we can help eachothers who knows maybe someday all we can meet..

Yes i booked it on june 9

Baris,

Hahaha i got a text from ups they just sent my package today it will arrive tomorrow WOOHOO..

Good luck all of us who are waiting for approval or happy news may Allah bless all of us

hi bro i told u that right.? why we didnt bet about that (sana demistim ama mesaj cekeceklerini tebrikler sevindim senin adina) so tonight u sleep good .and dont wake up early in the morning just like me.i was nervous thats why i wake up early in the morning and went to UPS office better u be relax...

i was with my friends all daywe went alot of areasthey brought me everywhere.we made kebab we swim.it was raining in the morning afternoon was sunny it was realy hot...

mari yenge i am happy for u again say hi to kadir tell him 'tebrikler' when are u coming to turkey? u can eat alot of karpuz here u want better u get kavun i realy like kavun ... i am spending my time with my family and my friends ... they are all sad.today we went alot of areas .

i am going to sleep tomorrow i wont be here also.me and my brother we will shopping i need to wake up early in the morning and go to the center get breakfast mercimek corbasi is realy nice i like it to much and ciger in the morning i will miss it to..

melek baris

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

hi bro i told u that right.? why we didnt bet about that (sana demistim ama mesaj cekeceklerini tebrikler sevindim senin adina) so tonight u sleep good .and dont wake up early in the morning just like me.i was nervous thats why i wake up early in the morning and went to UPS office better u be relax...

i was with my friends all daywe went alot of areasthey brought me everywhere.we made kebab we swim.it was raining in the morning afternoon was sunny it was realy hot...

mari yenge i am happy for u again say hi to kadir tell him 'tebrikler' when are u coming to turkey? u can eat alot of karpuz here u want better u get kavun i realy like kavun ... i am spending my time with my family and my friends ... they are all sad.today we went alot of areas .

i am going to sleep tomorrow i wont be here also.me and my brother we will shopping i need to wake up early in the morning and go to the center get breakfast mercimek corbasi is realy nice i like it to much and ciger in the morning i will miss it to..

melek baris

Hello Baris,

Yes, thank you I will tell Kadir you said hello! I love corbasi too too much. Especially, yayla corbasi... oh my gawd, I miss this but I learned how to make it now for Kadir *(and ME) lol. Kadir called me this morning and he mentioned me going to Turkey (after he has Visa) because we haven't seen each other since he left for base. This including cam -- except for that one day last week for 10 mins. I said its really expensive for me with the wedding plans and our immigration, etc. But he surprised me and said he had planned to buy my ticket so we can fly home after he has his Visa together!! So without my hopes too high and I get all excited I want to keep things very real and not get ahead of myself. I think it's better we just get him to Adana SAFELY FIRST... after that, it's step by step and we can go from there.

But if I get to go back to Turkey, which I love it and my family there.... oh I will be so happy, especially to see him!

I'm happy you are spending much time with your family and friends now Baris. Will you be bringing extra luggage to your new home? LOL Heck I want Kadir to bring 1 carry one for him PLUS as big a luggage that I can put it full Cay, 5 kilo of Biber salca that my sister inlaw makes, 5 kilo domates salca that anne makes from her garden, and some Simit and pide... lol, and some salvars for me... lol and whatever else I can fit in that.

AND THEN, I want to bring two luggage for ME. LOL... for everything I can get in Turkey! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: oh and I want to bring Adana kebaps in my lunchbag so I can eat well on the plane! LOL LOL LOL :rofl:

It's a dream for now, and a hope and a prayer yet, but God hears my prayers , I know this.

Incidently, I got our NVC# yesterday (a day after we got notification for approval -- very fast to me), but anyway, NVC told me just wait for Embassy now to contact us both (here in San Fran and there in Adana by lettera). I said, well doesn't that take a while? She said, No your file for I-129F doesn't stay at NVC very long... you're in the system already!

OK that stressed me out because I have things that need to be completed here and Kadir must get home safely first. This is my priority --- his safety first.

Mariye Yengi

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

Hello Baris,

Yes, thank you I will tell Kadir you said hello! I love corbasi too too much. Especially, yayla corbasi... oh my gawd, I miss this but I learned how to make it now for Kadir *(and ME) lol. Kadir called me this morning and he mentioned me going to Turkey (after he has Visa) because we haven't seen each other since he left for base. This including cam -- except for that one day last week for 10 mins. I said its really expensive for me with the wedding plans and our immigration, etc. But he surprised me and said he had planned to buy my ticket so we can fly home after he has his Visa together!! So without my hopes too high and I get all excited I want to keep things very real and not get ahead of myself. I think it's better we just get him to Adana SAFELY FIRST... after that, it's step by step and we can go from there.

But if I get to go back to Turkey, which I love it and my family there.... oh I will be so happy, especially to see him!

I'm happy you are spending much time with your family and friends now Baris. Will you be bringing extra luggage to your new home? LOL Heck I want Kadir to bring 1 carry one for him PLUS as big a luggage that I can put it full Cay, 5 kilo of Biber salca that my sister inlaw makes, 5 kilo domates salca that anne makes from her garden, and some Simit and pide... lol, and some salvars for me... lol and whatever else I can fit in that.

AND THEN, I want to bring two luggage for ME. LOL... for everything I can get in Turkey! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: oh and I want to bring Adana kebaps in my lunchbag so I can eat well on the plane! LOL LOL LOL :rofl:

It's a dream for now, and a hope and a prayer yet, but God hears my prayers , I know this.

Incidently, I got our NVC# yesterday (a day after we got notification for approval -- very fast to me), but anyway, NVC told me just wait for Embassy now to contact us both (here in San Fran and there in Adana by lettera). I said, well doesn't that take a while? She said, No your file for I-129F doesn't stay at NVC very long... you're in the system already!

OK that stressed me out because I have things that need to be completed here and Kadir must get home safely first. This is my priority --- his safety first.

Mariye Yengi

Hey Mari,

Congrulations on ur NVC case number i think you will have an interview date in two weeks maybe next week after this everything going fast i think you can have ur interview date in may.

By the way i dont think that u can bring all foods back to usa bec as you know they keep digging the bags especially if its for a person who is going to be in usa for first time...but good luck

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Timeline

LOL OK well the Salca comes home with ME then! Last time, I brought 1 Kilo domates and then 1 Kilo biber salca's with me and they didn't take it. Mmmmmmm I love that Urfa Salca from sister's Bibers in her garden. I'll bring my PIDE ( all 20 of them) in my lunchbag! LOL I NEED IT. Really, I can leave the simit but I cannot leave my pide! I will only wear 2 clothes lol, so I can pack more food in my luggages! LOL LOL

MAY!? You're going to give me a heart attack KD! :rofl: Why everything so fast after the NVC? I need K home from base so he can do the papers then! :lol:

Pray for me because this yengi is losing her mind. LOL

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

hello yenge relax i am happy for u because you are happy.all those foods as KD says they dont allow u to bring POE yes that is true my wife also brought alot of foods from here salca cay and other things .but for me i dont think that i can bring foods i will only bring one luggage all for my clots and some gifts ... if i can bring tea i will bring i dont think that they will let me bring with me...

i am caykolik i like tea alot i hope i can find tea there in USA there is turkish embassy there of course there is turkish tea over there also.....

i know how to cook all of them i even know how to make salca i will do it when i am there in the USA

melek &baris

Timeline

Baris, yeah we have Turkish Cay here!! No worries. You can find in the Middle Eastern Stores and also there are specialty Turkish stores (sometimes they're more expensive).

I always get my Turk cay at one store in particular. I am also able to get some Turk foods but not my inlaw's salca! LOL I Love it!!! We can buy salca here but it's not same to me. hehe... I'm love Anne's.

I just called the bank to get current verification of my accounts and I will go to the Accountant to update my Affidavit of Support (both I-134 for fiance first, & I-864 for after we marry).

I already have the supporting documents copied for submission regarding my assets so this is good and I'm glad I started that a 2 mos ago now.

This still stresses me out if you ask me. lol ..... it does. I can't help that.

Mariye Yenge

PS: Hello to all your family to you and KD

Timeline

LOL OK well the Salca comes home with ME then! Last time, I brought 1 Kilo domates and then 1 Kilo biber salca's with me and they didn't take it. Mmmmmmm I love that Urfa Salca from sister's Bibers in her garden. I'll bring my PIDE ( all 20 of them) in my lunchbag! LOL I NEED IT. Really, I can leave the simit but I cannot leave my pide! I will only wear 2 clothes lol, so I can pack more food in my luggages! LOL LOL

MAY!? You're going to give me a heart attack KD! :rofl: Why everything so fast after the NVC? I need K home from base so he can do the papers then! :lol:

Pray for me because this yengi is losing her mind. LOL

Yes the NVC is working faster than USCIS as long as you send all papers to them right as they wanted then they will put everything in their system so you will get an interview date...

By the way my package arrived to home today everything is good..Finally Thank Allah

ROC

Timeline

Baris, yeah we have Turkish Cay here!! No worries. You can find in the Middle Eastern Stores and also there are specialty Turkish stores (sometimes they're more expensive).

I always get my Turk cay at one store in particular. I am also able to get some Turk foods but not my inlaw's salca! LOL I Love it!!! We can buy salca here but it's not same to me. hehe... I'm love Anne's.

I just called the bank to get current verification of my accounts and I will go to the Accountant to update my Affidavit of Support (both I-134 for fiance first, & I-864 for after we marry).

I already have the supporting documents copied for submission regarding my assets so this is good and I'm glad I started that a 2 mos ago now.

This still stresses me out if you ask me. lol ..... it does. I can't help that.

Mariye Yenge

PS: Hello to all your family to you and KD

No worries Mari we all have been same feeling as you have now.But finally everything will be ok.

Do not let Kadir to bring foods with him otherwise he will get in trouble in the POE while entry to usa.

maybe u can bring some i dont know about you but dont let him to bring..

Hi back to you from my family..

ROC

Timeline

Yes the NVC is working faster than USCIS as long as you send all papers to them right as they wanted then they will put everything in their system so you will get an interview date...

By the way my package arrived to home today everything is good..Finally Thank Allah

Thanks KD.

I won't let K bring food. LOL... I'm laughing because I can put in my luggage (But not 5 kilos of salca! lol). Anyway, Congratulations on your getting the package back today!!!!! Wow that's got to be a very good feeling and now, no more stress. Only the few weeks before you fly out on June 9th!!! I don't hear much about your wife, and I bet you she is just BEAMING WITH SMILES since her husband is coming to the States!!! :dance:

I'm very happy for you and Baris too. And also for the AmTurk Interviews that are upcoming here soon ( Nihal & Cehun's and Ashley & Bulut's), sheesh maybe even ours too! I have much to complete before that though. I NEED KADIR HOME TO ADANA!!! I don't know by what date I should tell him to get home though either. I called NVC and we have our case # already, and now just need to find out when it was[or will be]... sent out to Ankara Embassy. Today, they told me call in 2 more days. We got approved on April 13, in NVC on 18th, April. I can track the DHL # and see when it arrives Ankara.

I've been studying and preparing K's file for Packet 3. So far, so good... but he has to get home.

Mari

Timeline

Thanks KD.

I won't let K bring food. LOL... I'm laughing because I can put in my luggage (But not 5 kilos of salca! lol). Anyway, Congratulations on your getting the package back today!!!!! Wow that's got to be a very good feeling and now, no more stress. Only the few weeks before you fly out on June 9th!!! I don't hear much about your wife, and I bet you she is just BEAMING WITH SMILES since her husband is coming to the States!!! :dance:

I'm very happy for you and Baris too. And also for the AmTurk Interviews that are upcoming here soon ( Nihal & Cehun's and Ashley & Bulut's), sheesh maybe even ours too! I have much to complete before that though. I NEED KADIR HOME TO ADANA!!! I don't know by what date I should tell him to get home though either. I called NVC and we have our case # already, and now just need to find out when it was[or will be]... sent out to Ankara Embassy. Today, they told me call in 2 more days. We got approved on April 13, in NVC on 18th, April. I can track the DHL # and see when it arrives Ankara.

I've been studying and preparing K's file for Packet 3. So far, so good... but he has to get home.

Mari

Your welcome Mari,

Yes i was so stressfull lately bec of the package.But its already over...Thak god..

You can check it wth the dhl number i have no idea about K1 bec i was not able to check my package if its arrived to ankara embassy..after all that the NVC emailed me that my interview date scheduled april 6.

i think you will have the same email from the NVC or Ankara..

My wife does not come here to talk she is flying all of the world she dont have time for it but she have been online here ...

i hope u will have ur interview date soon but i dont know how K1 visa going on

ROC

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

jeeeeesh.i wanted to bring rice or those special middle eastern lemons.this sucks

anyways,i have a question,i wanna get a wedding dress,not necessarily white or poofy and big,but rather something shorter and chic,and i was wondering are there many options in turkey as far as high end stores go?should i wait to get there and find something or should i ask my SO to order it for me already from a store in the states?

Edited by thelastpetitioner

Timeline

jeeeeesh.i wanted to bring rice or those special middle eastern lemons.this sucks

anyways,i have a question,i wanna get a wedding dress,not necessarily white or poofy and big,but rather something shorter and chic,and i was wondering are there many options in turkey as far as high end stores go?should i wait to get there and find something or should i ask my SO to order it for me already from a store in the states?

Hiya Sweetie!!!

OK I have my bridal consulatant who is located here in SF area. But get this, she and her husband have a warehouse where you can, or your fiance too, order your dress from their website!

... *I rec you get a fitting so you can give detail of size so it fits well and you can always have it altered before your wedding to make you look perfect in the area you will be getting married!!!!

I'm going to call them now anyway because I need to see the status on my gown today. I'm going to inquire for you and that way you have another option! If they have a website you can view, I'll post that o you in email! OK? Sound good?

Happy to see your post today!! :luv:

Love ya,

Mari

PS: I know which lemons you mean too! I love those.... Rice? we have the rice here in the Middle Eastern Stores, so I don't think you have to worry about this.

Timeline

(L)Welcome! Come "have a sit down" and share some of your favourite things you love about Turkey!

All are welcome here.

With love, Mari (L)

Speaking of.... :P Linguistics! Try wrapping your tongue around the Turkish Native Language. It's a blast!

For my USC friends, who are just learning to speak Turkish like me, I am including these links.

Audio Learners: For me, if I hear it and can sing it (out of tune even!), I can learn it faster. Kinda like a nursery rhyme! http://www.bestfm.com.tr/Best20.aspx Hear the canli yayin (live broadcast or listen to the archives)

Visual Learners: For those who require the visual effects: Try this: http://www.byki.com/fls/FLS.html

And for interactive practice there is:

http://www.turkishcl...nounciation.php

Turkish Food? What's your favourite?

This is for all the new AmeriTurks joining our Portal! WELCOME TO THE TURK KAHVESI!!

Mari

14458d1290263523-turkiyenin-yemek-kulturu-turk-mutfagi-t-rk-kahvesi.jpg

Timeline

Hi There,

I just came back from Turkey and yesssss,beautiful wedding dresses of any kind you want in Turkey,much better than the ones here and they will do any alterations you need in a day.I say,buy it in Turkey.

Good luck!

05/27/2010 MARRIED

08/04/2010 I-130 SENT

08/11/2010 NOA1

08/25/2010 TOUCHED

11/02/2010 TOUCHED

11/03/2010 CASE SENT FROM CSC TO TSC

11/04/2010 TOUCHED

11/10/2010 TOUCHED

11/18/2010 TOUCHED

11/19/2010 TOUCHED

11/24/2010 TOUCHED

02/14/2011 RFE (MISSING EVIDENCE)

02/15/2011 RFE RESPOND SENT

03/10/2011 NOA2 APPROVAL(exactly 7 months)211 days

03/14/2011 NOA2 HARD COPY RECEIVED

03/16/2011 FILE SENT TO NVC

NVC

03/18/2011 CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

03/21/2011 RECEIVED IIN,GAVE E-MAILS,3032 SENT

03/22/2011 SENT PAYMENT FOR AOS FEE

03/23/2011 DS-3032 E-MAIL ACCEPTED,AOS SHOWS PAID,SENT AOS PACKAGE

03/24/2011 IV FEE RECEIVED AND PAID

03/28/2011 IV FEE SHOWS PAID,SENT IV PACKAGE

04/08/2011 SIF (SIGN IN FAILED)

04/10/2011 CASE COMPLETE

EMBASSY

05/25/2011 MEDICAL COMPLETED

05/02/2011 INTERVIEW

INTERVIEW RESULTS: APPROVED

POE 05/24/2011 HOUSTON,TEXAS

THANK GOD, IT'S OVER! FINAL! FINISHED! BITTI!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.