minkthecat

The Fear

39 posts in this topic

I'm making plans for my wdding even though we haven't received the NOA2 yet. When I talked with vendors I'm explaining the situation and making sure that they can work with me if I have to change the date. Some I've talked to have worked with military families before for things and understand that the date can't be set in stone due to the circumstances.

7/26/10 Engaged
9/15/10 - Mailed I-129F to Dallas
9/17/10 - Received in Dallas
9/23/10 - NOA1 (Email - Sent to VSC)
9/24/10 - NOA1 (Letter Received Dated 9/20/10)
10/3/10 - Touched
3/23/11 - NOA2 (Email - Sent to NVC)
3/31/11 - Letter from NVC confirming receipt (Letter dated then)
4/6/11 - Email confirmation from NVC - Paperwork sent to Frankfurt
4/9/11 - Packet 3 received from Frankfurt
4/19/11 - Packet 4 received from Frankfurt
5/16/11 - Fiance's Interview in Frankfurt - Approved
6/11/11 - Wedding Date

7/1/11 - NOA AOS, EAD, AP documents received
7/27/11 - Biometrics
8/26/11 - Emails that AP and EAD are approved - EAD card sent to be ordered, should be sent within 30 days
10/31/11 - Email that GC is approved.
11/4/11 - GC received!

7/30/13 - NOA1 for ROC

8/27/13 - Biometrics

9/23/13 - Received notice of case being transferred from VSC to CSC

10/28/13 - GC ordered!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I'm making plans for my wdding even though we haven't received the NOA2 yet. When I talked with vendors I'm explaining the situation and making sure that they can work with me if I have to change the date. Some I've talked to have worked with military families before for things and understand that the date can't be set in stone due to the circumstances.

This is not a problem as long as you are working with people that are flexible.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Im a Frustrated Vermont July Filer. Given the current position Ive decided to book our wedding for August 2025 and you are all invited.. might be tight but heres hoping!! :star:

Met - September 13 2007 in Birmingham Alabama

Engaged - February 12 2010 in Linlithgow Palace, Scotland

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Medical Passed - March 15

Interview - April 12.. = APPROVED!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Im a Frustrated Vermont July Filer. Given the current position Ive decided to book our wedding for August 2025 and you are all invited.. might be tight but heres hoping!! :star:

:thumbs: I like the spirit! It WILL happen for you sometime!

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Cancel now. You will most likely not make your date, and even if you did it would be cutting it very very fine indeed, it isn't worth the stress. Whoever advised you that you had plenty of time was mistaken.

Don't make any plans that you cannot alter until that visa is in your hand.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Hang in there!

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

What to do?

We applied for our K1 in September. We have a wedding planned on May 1st. We are waiting for NOA2 having received NOA1 on 13th September. Radio silence since.

Will May 1st happen or do we need to cancel?

Your thoughts please....

I think you are good. If you don't get your NOA2 exactly by teh mark of 5 months, contact teh sentor next day in your state and have them follow-up with them. You ahve almost 8 months until 5/1/11. You are good. Don't cancel anything. My two cents...

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I think you are good. If you don't get your NOA2 exactly by teh mark of 5 months, contact teh sentor next day in your state and have them follow-up with them. You ahve almost 8 months until 5/1/11. You are good. Don't cancel anything. My two cents...

That date is just four months and 11 days from now, not almost eight months.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think we are going to do the same thing!!!!

Sent 2010-09-18

NOA1 2010-09-21

Touched 2010-09-28

Touched 2010-10-03

NOA2 2011-04-19

Embassy 2011-05-12

Medicals 2011-05-27

Interviews 2011-07-18

ALMOST THERE!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Same here, so they understand, and they did have me down for 2 dates..it is more stressful but it is doin it the hard way

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Okay here is my two cents dealing with the K-1 visa was a very unpredictable we did the same made plans and then had to cancel them, made new ones and cut it VERY close with that one!!! But I wanted a wedding with all the bells and whistles which takes time to plan, so TOTALLY understand!! Wish I could be more help and give you a definate yes or no but the government LOVES to go slow!! Just don't stress to much and lose sight of the bigger picture being together is the BEST!!!

Lexi and Nick

OUR TIMELINE:

Met in June 2009 a silly little comment, that changed our lives forever...

I-129F sent: April 19, 2010

APPROVED October 27, 2010

MARRIED NOVEMBER 20, 2010!!!

AOS: Sent March 2nd

Recieved March 3rd

NOA1 March 8th!!! via txt

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I too have all my vendors booked; we were originally planning on getting married this Feb and then we'd file for CR1. That didn't work out, because we decided we'll do the K1 route. We explained this to vendors and now they're willing to apply the money towards another date.. they were really very helpful and understanding. I was afraid we would lose all our deposits!

The situation though still isn't ideal because when I AM able to get married, I need to come up with a date when they all are available (church, reception, photo, makeup!). That might be difficult to pull off.

Perhaps you could cancel/postpone while it's still early? I cancelled 4 months before my planned wedding date too.

What to do?

We applied for our K1 in September. We have a wedding planned on May 1st. We are waiting for NOA2 having received NOA1 on 13th September. Radio silence since.

Will May 1st happen or do we need to cancel?

Your thoughts please....

I'd look pretty closely on the agreements you've signed with any vendors. This far out, you can probably cancel or even better, CHANGE the date with minimal cost to you. Most of our contracts had 60 day clauses (That means you could wait until March to see how you are, if yours are similar) in them which allowed us to get out or change before we were really locked down. Usually, if there was a change in the date, they would not even charge us more. I certainly don't think it's time to cancel now....Wow, that's shooting from the hip advice!! If there is no "out" clause in those agreements, why bother cancelling?? Loose the money now for sure or MAYBE loose the money later.

I assume that you'll still want the same venue and caterer that you've already picked out, it's not like you need to completely cancel. Check with all of them where you already have money down and ask them when their change date deadline is, and see if any will work with you, then determine when you'll need to reassess.

Crossing my fingers that you'll have your petition approval soon!!!!

-H

Edited by Nik+Heather

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

The other option is to shoot for a date waaaay in the future, that short of an act of terrorism or God you'll comfortably make. You only need to be legally married for your K-1 requirements. The USCIS don't care if you're stark naked and conduct the entire ceremony in clingon, as long as it's legal in whatever state. Family and friends don't have a clue whether you're legally married or not. The ceremony part is the lovey-dovey stuff, so make the legal one as clinical as possible and keep the fun stuff for the celebration.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Our wedding date is 10 months out from sending the I-129F. We know how close this will be cutting for us, so we have made a point to stick to vendors that are close to the family and know our situation in the event we will have to move our date. For me, the biggest worry are my fiance's family and friends that want to travel here for the wedding. What a bummer for them if we have to change it. Just keep things very honest with your vendors, friends and family. All will work out in the end. Have clauses added to the contracts if you can and arrange for back up vendors that can and will be flexible for you. Best of luck! Rooting for you!! xo.

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.