Brusik

Did I Make an Error??

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

I sent all my wife's certified and notarized copies of Birth, Divorce, Marriage, to the UCSIS. I didn't realize they wanted just photocopies.

NVC requires certified. Do I need to have her send all certified documents again. The only document that I never received from her was the Police Report. UCSIS never asked for this.

NVC asked for a package with DS-230 and my 864 form. They want all the certified documents.

Should I have my wife resend all the documents certified?? Or will they be forwarded from UCSIS.

My other question is: if UCSIS forwards the documents why didn't they require certified if they send to NVC??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

At the Interview is when they want to see the orginals

if they didnt ask for them before. Many time they want

to see everything again at the Embassy. They can ask

again foir some you aroleady gave or showed before also.

Many times they double check everything 2 or 3 times.

Better to have everything at the interview. unless

they state they need a copy of a certain document.

Good Luck

Happy Holidays :)

Timeline

Im the petitioner and I live in US. My wife lives in Georgia, so she needs the originals or certified when she gets her interview.

NVC will have these already?? From the USCIS.

It says that I should have all documents as the petitioner. I have all copies, I sent certified to USCIS.

I don't understand the package NVC needs from me besides, my wife's Police report and my 864 support form.

So I assume all I will need to send is the 864 form.

NVC will require originals (or certified copies) of all of those documents. You didn't need to send originals to USCIS, just photocopies. You probably won't get them back from USCIS. Now, whether NVC will accept them from USCIS...hey, who knows? But I wouldn't count on it! If I were you, I'd start re-gathering all of those documents now, so that you'll have them ready for NVC.

Good luck! :)

IR-5

• USCIS scan date - 11/07/2014
  • NVC scan date - 03/06/2015
  • NVC case complete - 08/01/2015
  • Interview scheduled - 09/14/2015
  • Interview - 10/08/2015

Timeline

NVC will require originals (or certified copies) of all of those documents. You didn't need to send originals to USCIS, just photocopies. You probably won't get them back from USCIS. Now, whether NVC will accept them from USCIS...hey, who knows? But I wouldn't count on it! If I were you, I'd start re-gathering all of those documents now, so that you'll have them ready for NVC.

Good luck! :)

I'm confused: Do I need the certified copies or does my wife when she is granted her interview??

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I sent all my wife's certified and notarized copies of Birth, Divorce, Marriage, to the UCSIS. I didn't realize they wanted just photocopies.

NVC requires certified. Do I need to have her send all certified documents again. The only document that I never received from her was the Police Report. UCSIS never asked for this.

NVC asked for a package with DS-230 and my 864 form. They want all the certified documents.

Should I have my wife resend all the documents certified?? Or will they be forwarded from UCSIS.

My other question is: if UCSIS forwards the documents why didn't they require certified if they send to NVC??

First, please change your profile to indicate CR1 or IR1 as applicable. You are NOT involved in a K3 visa process.

Yes, you'll need originals or certified copies for NVC. From here on out, be sure to carefully study all instructions. You're in this pickle because you failed to do so when filing the petition.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

First, please change your profile to indicate CR1 or IR1 as applicable. You are NOT involved in a K3 visa process.

Yes, you'll need originals or certified copies for NVC. From here on out, be sure to carefully study all instructions. You're in this pickle because you failed to do so when filing the petition.

The American Embassy in Georgia instructed me to do I-130. This is the form I sent to USCIS. I was not isntructed on K-3 or CR1.

I assume it's CR1.

What pickle am I in?? I was asking if I need another set of certified documents or if my wife needs them when she has her interview.

USCIS already has a set of certified. All I was asking if I needed her to mail me another certified translted set. I have copies of everything.

The American Embassy in Georgia instructed me to do I-130. This is the form I sent to USCIS. I was not isntructed on K-3 or CR1.

I assume it's CR1.

What pickle am I in?? I was asking if I need another set of certified documents or if my wife needs them when she has her interview.

USCIS already has a set of certified. All I was asking if I needed her to mail me another certified translted set. I have copies of everything.

Yes. You will need another set for NVC. NVC requires original or certified copies of your civil documents. Check out the IV packet section of this link

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

Citizenship next step!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I had a similar but different situation. I called the USCIS hot line and asked my originals to be rturned and I got them within a week. All i had to do was specify exactly which documents--they wouldn't accept just send everything back. It was all done over the phone--no eamils, no forms to fill out.

Timeline

I had a similar but different situation. I called the USCIS hot line and asked my originals to be rturned and I got them within a week. All i had to do was specify exactly which documents--they wouldn't accept just send everything back. It was all done over the phone--no eamils, no forms to fill out.

Will this delay the process with the NSCIS??

Or do they just make copies?

Timeline

Will this delay the process with the NSCIS??

Or do they just make copies?

I just called USCIS and they wanted me to fill out a G-884 form which is required to have a notarized signature

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I made the same mistake, right now my case is in NVC and now I am gathering documents to meet the requriment for the DS-230, will let you know the outcome when my case is done.

pray for me!!!

USCIS

05/28/2010 Received hard copy of NAO1

10/20/2010 Received hard copy of NAO2

NVC

11/01/2010 Called NVC got NVC case#

11/07/2010 Paid $88 AOS Fees

11/14/2010 Paid $404 IV Fees

11/17/2010 Package of information generated PSU3

12/07/2010 Mailed AOS Packet

12/16/2010 AOS Package entered into the system

12/29/2010 AOS package reviewed and Okay as per the operator (big relief)

12/24/2010 DS-230 package mailed form India (Stuck into the Customs from 29th Dec )

01/08/2011 Received DS-230 package from India

01/10/2011 IV (DS-230) package sent to the NVC via express mail

01/11/2011 IV package delivered at NVC @ 11:01 AM

01/13/2011 IV package entered into the system

01/31/2011 SIF!!!

01/31/2011 Case Completed as per the operator.

02/01/2011 Wedding Anniversary

02/01/2011 CC as per AVR

02/10/2011 Interview date assigned

02/14/2011 Package left to the Consulate

Consulate

02/28/2011 Medical done

03/10/2011 Interview @ 7:30 am APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.