Amelie

Would it matter if my fiance attend the interview with me?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Would it matter if my fiance attend the interview with me? We haven't received our NOA2 yet (not expecting it any time soon :)), but we are trying to plan ahead of time. Originally, we agreed that he would go to the interview with me. But it seems that a lot of beneficiaries were able to pass the interview without their fiance having to accompany them. He only visited me once and we spent 8 days together. Is that frequency and length of visit enough?

He wanted to be with me on the interview, but I was telling him instead of using the money for the trip, we can save it for whatever we need later on. Not that I don't want to spend time with him. Heaven knows how much I miss him but I am just being practical. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Usually the USC doesnt need to go to the interview. The interviews that do need to have both people is the AOS interview and the ROC interview. ( if you get interviews for thos, not everyone ends up having an interview for them )

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

There is nothing wrong with that, he can go with you during your interview. I understand about the expenses, but if he feels and likes going with you just let him go. Goodluck!

This is in US Embassy Manila, right?

Yes. Thanks for the advice. :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

hi, if he has the time and wants the expense,then it's a good idea to show your support for her, and how much you are in love with her, the io will ask to see his us passport, he my want to ask your fiance questions,and yes the manila embassy allowes fiance to attend the interview,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I will let others comment whether one trip is enough with that consulate.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I attended the interview with my then fiancee and I had the impression when it was over that I didn't need to be there. We had all the required paper work and plenty of evidence, of which, all they were interested in were the photos of me with my fiancee and her family. If I wasn't there, she could have presented it on her own and I'm confident she still would have been approved. That's very sweet of you to tell him he doesn't have to go, and he probably doesn't. However, since he has only been there once, (my trip there for the interview was my 3rd visit) maybe he wants to go 1 more time before you leave. Plus, if he has time to wait for your visa to arrive, you can plan it so that you can fly back with him, which will spare you the stress of having to fly to the U.S. alone. Good Luck!

IR5 - (Father-In-Law)

Feb. 2018 - Interview - Approved

Feb. 2018 - VISA Received!

May 6, 2018 - Arrived in the  U.S.! 

hi there sis amelie... honey will be goin with me too... :wub::dance::thumbs:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

My personal opinion is that it is a good idea for him to attend the interview. The simple fact that he is there will go a long way to show the bona fide relationship to the VO. Plus if he is there then you can celebrate together afterwards. If it is an affordable expense then by all means, have him come and enjoy the time together.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Timeline

I attended the interview with my then fiancee and I had the impression when it was over that I didn't need to be there. We had all the required paper work and plenty of evidence, of which, all they were interested in were the photos of me with my fiancee and her family. If I wasn't there, she could have presented it on her own and I'm confident she still would have been approved. That's very sweet of you to tell him he doesn't have to go, and he probably doesn't. However, since he has only been there once, (my trip there for the interview was my 3rd visit) maybe he wants to go 1 more time before you leave. Plus, if he has time to wait for your visa to arrive, you can plan it so that you can fly back with him, which will spare you the stress of having to fly to the U.S. alone. Good Luck!

Thanks for the advice. I think we have all the evidence that we need. But still, I cannot help but worry because he only visited me once. Aside from the expenses, my other concern is the timeline. At his job, it's recommended that they file their leave (if it's a long vacation) a month before so that it would be most likely approved. Right now, I am trying to find out what happens after the case is in the hands of the Manila embassy. When we call them, can we ask for a schedule a month away?

Moved from K-1 Visa Process and Procedures to US Embassy and Consulate Discussion, as it relates to the interview itself and specific regional questions.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline

Would it matter if my fiance attend the interview with me? We haven't received our NOA2 yet (not expecting it any time soon :)), but we are trying to plan ahead of time. Originally, we agreed that he would go to the interview with me. But it seems that a lot of beneficiaries were able to pass the interview without their fiance having to accompany them. He only visited me once and we spent 8 days together. Is that frequency and length of visit enough?

He wanted to be with me on the interview, but I was telling him instead of using the money for the trip, we can save it for whatever we need later on. Not that I don't want to spend time with him. Heaven knows how much I miss him but I am just being practical. :)

hi,

during my interview before in manila embassy i am the only one go in the interview,I am k1 visa too..My husband want to go with me in the interview but i told him much better to use that for the plane ticket of me going in the US.And can save too the money for the AOS process as its very expensive.

Dont worry about that your fiance spend only 8days for you and its only his first time visit of you..My fiance which is my husband now..he was spend only me 5days in the philippines,And its his only first visit to me..2years before we file the k1visa since he visit me and engaged.coz of the important matters that i need to process first.Its been a long time,,,But thanks God i passed the interview and im happily married to my husband now.The interview is easy..just prepare all the documents needed for interview and bring them and the proof of evidence like pics of u and ur fiance,emails,chats or etc..Im sure u will pass the interview,,Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.