Chris M

Airline baggage weight limits for Russia to USA

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

lol at all the people telling him to go across the world to hold her hand through the entry trip :rofl:

Emigrating today is a walk in the park compared to a few generations ago, well the traveling part at least. You get dropped off at the airport and a handful of hours later, you’ve arrived.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have thought you should ship excess baggage and extra personal things by FED EX, UPS, DHL or some company like them for the things you can not get on the plane. Fed Ex and UPS will ship baggage. You would have to have it picked up at a hotel or business. If you plan you could ship the clothes and things that are not needed right now by ground at a better rate than airlines.

Having had both knees and a hip replaced there is NO WAY IN HELL I am going to fly over and get Irina. I had enough groping in 2009 at O'Hare and JFK before they got tough on passangers... She will be coming Aeroflot, Moscow to LAX, NON STOP. That way the lesbians of the US TSA won't get a chance to play their games of fondling her... I can drive from Northern Utah to LA in less time than it takes for her to fly from Moscow. Then I can get even with her the next day for those taxi rides in Moscow by taking her up Highway 1 to the bay area. (There are a few sharp curves that make you wonder if the brake lights in front of you are on the back of your vehicle.)

First email 2004-09-05

Visit her in Russia 2009-09-18 to 2009-11-02

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-08-11

Touch : 2010-08-18

NOA2 :2010-01-13

Timeline

I have thought you should ship excess baggage and extra personal things by FED EX, UPS, DHL or some company like them for the things you can not get on the plane. Fed Ex and UPS will ship baggage. You would have to have it picked up at a hotel or business. If you plan you could ship the clothes and things that are not needed right now by ground at a better rate than airlines.

Having had both knees and a hip replaced there is NO WAY IN HELL I am going to fly over and get Irina. I had enough groping in 2009 at O'Hare and JFK before they got tough on passangers... She will be coming Aeroflot, Moscow to LAX, NON STOP. That way the lesbians of the US TSA won't get a chance to play their games of fondling her... I can drive from Northern Utah to LA in less time than it takes for her to fly from Moscow. Then I can get even with her the next day for those taxi rides in Moscow by taking her up Highway 1 to the bay area. (There are a few sharp curves that make you wonder if the brake lights in front of you are on the back of your vehicle.)

First email 2004-09-05

Timeline

First email 2004-09-05

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

So we got our visa approved the other day, and have now started the search for a ticket to get Tanya here. Not buying anything until she has the visa in her hands. :) So she brought up a good thought about the baggage limit restrictions. Tanya spoke with one of the Aeroflot reps and they told her it was 20KG for checked bags, and another 10 for carry-ons. I was planning on getting a ticket that goes from her city of Kemerovo to Pittsburgh. I know it's a couple stops and all, but it will be much easier for Tanya to have one full itinerary rather than fly to Moscow on one carrier(Aeroflot), then get on Delta to go to JFK and on to Pittsburgh. The idea of changing planes, airlines, and re-checking her bags for the next airline would be very stressful, so we are not doing that. I know when I travel to Europe I am allowed to take two checked bags for 50 lbs a piece, and of course a carry-on(I never bring this much). So I was hoping it was the same for her, or at least something that would allow her to bring as much as she can with her. We will def ship some of her things too, but it will not be the whole apartment. ha ha. Any ideas? Or what have you all had with this?

Is that a direct flight into Pittsburgh from Russia? If not, she will be changing planes and rechecking baggage but it's not really a big deal.

Baggage wise try to limit her to two bags of 20 kilos. Everything else she can get here or bring back next trip.

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Timeline

When I was traveling in Russia in 2009, I learned that if you book a flight domestically in Russia, the baggage limit is the 20kg limit. If you book an international flight and part of the flight is a domestic leg, you are technically entitled to the higher international baggage limits even for the domestic leg. This has increasingly less applicability however as international baggage limits are decreasing.

If you book an international flight and part of the flight is a domestic leg, you are technically entitled to the higher international baggage limits even for the domestic leg. This has increasingly less applicability however as international baggage limits are decreasing.

Sometimes Russians still use some common sense. Americans just see a chance to make a buck.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

The same rules apply in America.

Except when you're on a different airline.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline

Actually I'm flying JetBlue from Maine to JFK on Sunday (50# limit)and Aerosvit JFK-SIP (20 kg) BOTH airlines allow 1 free checked bag, a 10 kg carry on (they never weight it though so "if it fits it ships"), and personal bag or laptop bag.

I just want to note that the only time I have seen an airline weigh carryons, it was Aerosvit out of JFK. This was in 2005 or 6, they were being very picky, and many people were sitting on the floor repacking.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

When I was traveling in Russia in 2009, I learned that if you book a flight domestically in Russia, the baggage limit is the 20kg limit. If you book an international flight and part of the flight is a domestic leg, you are technically entitled to the higher international baggage limits even for the domestic leg. This has increasingly less applicability however as international baggage limits are decreasing.

This was still the case this summer when we flew JFK - DOK , PROVIDED you bought tickets JFK-DOK. If you bought tickets JFK-KBP and then a separate Ticket to Donetsk, the 20 kg baggage limit applied. But sometimes, many times, it is cheaper to buy separate tickets (go figure)

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I tend to agree with slim, she is not 5. she has done a lot of the leg work on getting the visa already. I'd rather save my days for when she gets here so we can use them here together.

the interesting this is Kemerovo to Pittsburgh is cheaper than JFK, IAD (Washington DC), PHL (Philadelphia), BWI(Baltimore), and it seems like any other decent size city. And I didn't lookup the KG to pounds is for 20KG. that is a lot, and if she can get 2 bags checked that's a hell of a lot. she really doesn't need to bring much either. She does not have a car, lives in a studio apt, and really does not have much.

Bottom line is get her here in one piece, safely.

20 kg is 44 lubs Chris. The scales there will be in Kg though so... And if she's flying coach its only one checked bag the next will be extra charges.

За Жезни С Смехом

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I tend to agree with slim, she is not 5. she has done a lot of the leg work on getting the visa already. I'd rather save my days for when she gets here so we can use them here together.

the interesting this is Kemerovo to Pittsburgh is cheaper than JFK, IAD (Washington DC), PHL (Philadelphia), BWI(Baltimore), and it seems like any other decent size city. And I didn't lookup the KG to pounds is for 20KG. that is a lot, and if she can get 2 bags checked that's a hell of a lot. she really doesn't need to bring much either. She does not have a car, lives in a studio apt, and really does not have much.

Bottom line is get her here in one piece, safely.

If you haven't already, you will need to learn to speak metric. Put little sticky notes around the thermostats and oven controls with conversions. Alla speaks fluent "English system" now except for temperature which she has never figured out. Miles and pounds (lubs)she understands

We shipped many boxes before Alla arrived and I was making frequent trips over there so I was bringing back suitcases full of stuff. we used a Ukrainian shipping company. I do not remember the name of but I remember lugging lots of boxes to the bus!

I have to disagree with Slim. Whatever she leaves behind will need to be replaced here and that can get pricey. I certainly do not recommend trying to bring every last thing. Regarding property, if she has some, you may consider keeping it. We have a flat in Donetsk and it is far cheaper to keep it than pay for hotels when we are there, and yes, most people to go back to visit. Our plan is two visits per year, minimum one visit. I enjoy going also, it isn't like some torture or something.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.