samiam

PLease Help

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello to all

I just asked this same question recently but can't for the life of me remember the answer and now due to the server problem I can not search to see what answers I recieved last time I asked.

My fiance is trying to write a letter of intent today and had this question for me.

According to the example letter here on V.J. the first thing on the letter of intent is the petitioner's address do we each put our own address on our letters or should my address be on both letters. ( I am the U. S. citizen)

Also I read on another thread today here at V. J. that the letter of intent sent in with the I-129F, should have the address of the service center rather than the address of the foreign embassy as the example letter shows. Can anyone confirm this for me. Otherwise we will both put the address of the embassy as the example letter states because I have not seen this issue come up before and am guessing no one has had a problem doing it this way.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You can each put your own addresses on your own letters, addressed to the Service Center. For your 2nd letters, at the interview stage, you can address them to the Embassy.

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

agree with Canuck

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
You can each put your own addresses on your own letters, addressed to the Service Center. For your 2nd letters, at the interview stage, you can address them to the Embassy.

Oh shoot! My fiance just sent back the package yesterday with the signed Letter of Intent so we can send in the I129!! I put the Embassy address on there. Think it will be ok if I leave her's as is and change mine to the Service Center address? shoot!

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_uzbek_2fagm.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I didn't put any address on my letter of intent that went in with the I-129F petition, neither did my fiance. We both wrote 'To Whom it May Concern' on the top and then wrote letters about how much we meant to each other and that we intended to marry.

I sent that in before I found this site and read its guidelines, so I just did what I thought was best. I got approved in 14 days, so it must have been alright, I wouldn't worry about yours!

Timeline:

11-15-2005: Sent in I-129F to VSC

11-21-2005: NOA1

11-29-2005: NOA2

12-05-2005: NVC recieved

12-17-2005: Packet 3 received from Dublin

1-11-2006: Sent packet 3 forms, etc. to Dublin

2-03-2006: Interview Date :)APPROVED!!!

2-05-2006: Flying to Logan Airport

2-11-2006: Wedding Date

3-14-2006: Filed AOS and EAD

3-22-2006: NOA1 (AOS and EAD)

4-07-2006: Biometrics

6-07-2006: EAD approved!!

7-24-2006: AOS Interview APPROVED!!!

7-27-2006: Received Welcome to America letter

8-03-2006: Green Card Received :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Thank you for your reply's

I have one more question Regarding the letter of intent.

I just typed my letter and started my letter with my address as the example shows but it looks funny to me without my name before the address.

Should my letter of intent start with my name and adress or just the address?

Sorry for the stupid question but I am nervous and want to do everything right the first time

thanks once again for your help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I don't think that would make much difference, like I said, I didn't do any of that address stuff on mine and got by fine. But I guess I would agree that if I was putting my own address, I would put my name above it. Whichever you decide, I am sure it will be fine as long as the content is right :star:

Timeline:

11-15-2005: Sent in I-129F to VSC

11-21-2005: NOA1

11-29-2005: NOA2

12-05-2005: NVC recieved

12-17-2005: Packet 3 received from Dublin

1-11-2006: Sent packet 3 forms, etc. to Dublin

2-03-2006: Interview Date :)APPROVED!!!

2-05-2006: Flying to Logan Airport

2-11-2006: Wedding Date

3-14-2006: Filed AOS and EAD

3-22-2006: NOA1 (AOS and EAD)

4-07-2006: Biometrics

6-07-2006: EAD approved!!

7-24-2006: AOS Interview APPROVED!!!

7-27-2006: Received Welcome to America letter

8-03-2006: Green Card Received :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We did not address ours either. Just signed and dated and to whom it may concern. Hope that is enough. Guess we will find out. I kind of think they know who it is to though considering it is being sent to them.

*January 24 2006 - mailed in I129-F petition

*January 25 2006 - I129-F received at CSC

*January 30 2006 - packet returned.....arggggggggg we forgot one signature!!

*January 31 2006 - sent I129-F back to the CSC, hope we did not forget anything else

*February 1 2006 - I129-F received at CSC again

*February 3 2006 - NOA1

*April 20 2006 - NOA2!!!!!

*April 24 2006 - Touched!

*May 15 2006 - NVC received petition today!

*May 17 2006 - Case left NVC today!!

*May 30 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Vancouver!

*May 30 2006 - Faxed back Packet 3!!

*June 6 2006 - Received packet 4!

*June 20 2006 - Medical in Saskatoon

*June 28 2006 - Interview in Vancouver!!

*June 28 2006 - GOT THE VISA!!!*June 30 2006 - Moving day!

*July 3 2006 - Home at last!!

*July 28 2006 - married!

*September 13 2006 - Mailed AOS/EAD package

*September 25 2006 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD

*October 6 2006 - Biometrics appointments

*October 10 2006 - Touched!

*October 19 2006 - Transferred to CSC!

*October 26 2006 - Received by CSC

*October 27 2006 - Touched

*October 28 2006 - Touched again

*October 31 2006 - Touched again

*November 2 2006 - Touched again

*November 3 2006- and another touch

*November 7 2006- touched

*November 7 2006 - My case approved, still waiting for kids!

*November 8 2006 - Touched my case again

*November 13 2006 - Greencard arrived...yeah I can work!

*November 14 2006 - Touched my case again

*January 2007 - RFE for kids Greencard.

*February 2007 - kids medical and sent in RFE

*February 2007 - Received kids greencards

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Quick question. When they send you an RFE does that mean they just started looking at or they're almost done with it?

Summer of '04 - Started Talking to Leila on Yahoo Messenger

3/23/06 - Went to Cebu, Philippines to meet Leila & see her graduate. Also proposed during my trip.

4/30/06 - Leila left the Philippines to go back with her dad in Tokyo, Japan.

5/01/06 - Sent I-129F to CSC

5/09/06 - NOA1

7/29/06 - In Tokyo with my beautiful fiance!!

7/31/06 - NOA2 Approved while in Tokyo!!!!

8/06/06 - Just got home from Tokyo... Goodbyes are so hard :(

8/07/06 - NVC Recieves case

8/11/06 - NVC Sends case to Tokyo

8/17/06 - Embassy in Tokyo sends Packet 3 to Leila but she was in Atami

8/22/06 - Leila calls embassy and they tell her what she needs to mail in

8/23/06 - Send Packet 3

11/3/06 - Recieved Packet 4 (took longer than usual because my fiance is not a Japanese citizen so her

paperwork had to be verified with Korea... very irritating)

11/7/06 - Medical Exam

11/20/06 - Interview!!!

1/12/07 - Arrival in US

2/14/07 - Wedding

m_4085ec88dc569745dc16843b05b15d9b.jpg

Quick question. When they send you an RFE does that mean they just started looking at or they're almost done with it?

Everyone who filed after 3/6/06 and before the new I-129F form came out (sometime ealier this month) got or will get an RFE for IMBRA. Just means they need this info before they can process your application. You can use the following link to the USCIS site to register so you can get case status updates online, email notifications and estimated processing times. https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

Edited by Dean iWait

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Everyone who filed after 3/6/06 and before the new I-129F form came out (sometime ealier this month) got or will get an RFE for IMBRA. Just means they need this info before they can process your application. You can use the following link to the USCIS site to register so you can get case status updates online, email notifications and estimated processing times. https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

That sucks... I've been checking that website and its been giving me the same message since May

Summer of '04 - Started Talking to Leila on Yahoo Messenger

3/23/06 - Went to Cebu, Philippines to meet Leila & see her graduate. Also proposed during my trip.

4/30/06 - Leila left the Philippines to go back with her dad in Tokyo, Japan.

5/01/06 - Sent I-129F to CSC

5/09/06 - NOA1

7/29/06 - In Tokyo with my beautiful fiance!!

7/31/06 - NOA2 Approved while in Tokyo!!!!

8/06/06 - Just got home from Tokyo... Goodbyes are so hard :(

8/07/06 - NVC Recieves case

8/11/06 - NVC Sends case to Tokyo

8/17/06 - Embassy in Tokyo sends Packet 3 to Leila but she was in Atami

8/22/06 - Leila calls embassy and they tell her what she needs to mail in

8/23/06 - Send Packet 3

11/3/06 - Recieved Packet 4 (took longer than usual because my fiance is not a Japanese citizen so her

paperwork had to be verified with Korea... very irritating)

11/7/06 - Medical Exam

11/20/06 - Interview!!!

1/12/07 - Arrival in US

2/14/07 - Wedding

m_4085ec88dc569745dc16843b05b15d9b.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

That sucks... I've been checking that website and its been giving me the same message since May

They don't give you online updates sometimes. I don't know what's the deal with it, but some people have even gotten RFE's and haven't gotten any updates. So... don't worry. I know it sucks because we want to see something is being done on our cases, but you're fine. If you don't get updates it doesn't necessarily means your case hasn't been touched.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Timeline

samiam,

The USCIS asks for a statement of intent. Don't put your statement in letter format and you don't have to ask these questions.

Yodrak

According to the example letter here on V.J. the first thing on the letter of intent is the petitioner's address do we each put our own address on our letters or should my address be on both letters. ( I am the U. S. citizen)

Also I read on another thread today here at V. J. that the letter of intent sent in with the I-129F, should have the address of the service center rather than the address of the foreign embassy as the example letter shows. Can anyone confirm this for me. Otherwise we will both put the address of the embassy as the example letter states because I have not seen this issue come up before and am guessing no one has had a problem doing it this way.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.