Jun&Scheillo

okay!! Thanksgiving is over let's get back to business.

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I would like to know if there are any june filers out there still waiting for NOA2. Holidays or not you should have received NOA2 WITHIN 5 months of your filing date not after. it may take up to, but not necessary to take the whole 150 days. If any of you out there, get to know your congressman or something.Do something!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

I would like to know if there are any june filers out there still waiting for NOA2. Holidays or not you should have received NOA2 WITHIN 5 months of your filing date not after. it may take up to, but not necessary to take the whole 150 days. If any of you out there, get to know your congressman or something.Do something!!

The 5 month processing time is a goal for USCIS, not a guaranteed timeframe. You can receive your NOA2 well after 5 months, some people wait 10+ months.

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Timeline

The 5 month processing time is a goal for USCIS, not a guaranteed timeframe. You can receive your NOA2 well after 5 months, some people wait 10+ months.

If you don't hear from them for more than 150 days after you had received your NOA1. It is totally up to you to call them or your Congressman. Apparently, they don't care.

Timeline

If you don't hear from them for more than 150 days after you had received your NOA1. It is totally up to you to call them or your Congressman. Apparently, they don't care.

Doing so doesn't guarantee anything will be sped up. The National GOAL is 5 months. The National AVERAGE is 11 months. Nowhere does it state a guaranteed approval "WITHIN 5 Months". Good luck! :thumbs:

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Timeline

Or that "It may take up to, but not necessary to take the whole 150 days". Point is... It may take up to and exceed that entire period of time. Patience... Good luck! :thumbs:

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Processing time for NOA1-NOA2 is 5 months as per USCIS. Their "goal" is there to make them more efficent. Should you hit 150 days (5 months) you are to call them or contact a congressman, unless you want to be screwed over by the government and not hold them up to their promised timeframe. If you call before 5 months they will tell you to "call back/wait until you have hit 5 months".

The average time of for a NOA1-NOA2 is around 4 months CSC, 3-4 months VSC (http://www.visajourney.com/content/times). Average time for a full K-1 (depending on embassy and location) is anywhere from 6-8 months/192 days (http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1historical), start to finish. Some cases it is longer than that, some it is shorter, hence why the average falls between 6-8 months.

Depends on the case, the country and the embassy. Every case is unique.

Timeline

Processing time for NOA1-NOA2 is 5 months as per USCIS. Their "goal" is there to make them more efficent. Should you hit 150 days (5 months) you are to call them or contact a congressman, unless you want to be screwed over by the government and not hold them up to their promised timeframe. If you call before 5 months they will tell you to "call back/wait until you have hit 5 months".

The average time of for a NOA1-NOA2 is around 4 months CSC, 3-4 months VSC (http://www.visajourney.com/content/times). Average time for a full K-1 (depending on embassy and location) is anywhere from 6-8 months/192 days (http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1historical), start to finish. Some cases it is longer than that, some it is shorter, hence why the average falls between 6-8 months.

Thank you for the clarification!!! You could not be more helpfull!! I was specifically told that my file would be handled WITHIN 5 months, but I guess different people have different information on here.

Edited by Jun&Sheillo

Timeline

Can't be more helpful?... This informationg is taken from VJ.com... Not USCIS.gov... The people on this site make up less than 10% of people who file for the K-1. So I am sorry to inform you that on an all around average, this information is incorrect. Check USCIS.gov and enjoy the CURRENT NATIONAL AVERAGE of 11 Months. Thanks. Brainpower.

P.S. FYI: There is no "promised timeframe".

Edited by xlbLoOdlx

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Timeline

As of September 30, 2010 the National Average is now at 12.1 Months as per USCIS.gov (This only includes the processing time at your service center, not the entire journey all the way through to receiving the Visa).

Considering that USCIS.gov has statistics based upon ALL applicants, and not just the <10%, I think I will believe them before VJ.com processing times.

Edited by xlbLoOdlx

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Timeline

As of September 30, 2010 the National Average is now at 12.1 Months as per USCIS.gov (This only includes the processing time at your service center, not the entire journey all the way through to receiving the Visa).

Considering that USCIS.gov has statistics based upon ALL applicants, and not just the <10%, I think I will believe them before VJ.com processing times.

So, if don't hear anything from vermont after 5 months of NOA1, what will you do?

Timeline

In the end if you don't recieve a NOA2 after the 5 month timeframe:

You call them and/or contact your congressman. Any Veteran VJer will tell you the same. Don't sit around and pretend like nothing is wrong. There is a reason why they tell you "Call back after it has been 5 months and not before".

Processing timeframe = Time in which a normal application SHOULD be processed as per USCIS (https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do;jsessionid=abc-P9OYuvh2n6mxd4yYs and http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=33718)

The National Average may be 12.1 months, however, VERMONT is 5 months (https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/ProcTimes.do) Select I-129F, K-1, VSC, note green bar.

In the end, once you hit 5 months/150 days. Call USCIS and contact your senator/congressman and have them look into it.

Edited by Blob18

Timeline

Thank you for the clarification!!! You could not be more helpfull!! I was specifically told that my file would be handled WITHIN 5 months, but I guess different people have different information on here.

Your file will be handled within 5 months and if not, you contact your local rep (congress or senate) to look into it. Despite what others might say (xlbLoOdlx), the processing time goal for a I-129F at Vermont Service Center is 5 months (as their website says, as the phone reps say and as thier monthly processing report says). There is a reason why they say "Call back once it has been 5 months", not 6, 7, 9, 20 etc. Petitions that go longer than 5 months are more than likley having problems due to background checks, missing evidence etc. at which time if you keep inquiring about it or have a member of Congress contact them, they will inform you of this.

Full K-1 Visa time varies as I said anywhere from 6-8months average as most embassy's are not hard. The harder ones such as Manila, Lagos, Entire Middle East and other high fraud countries are what bring the average up. Examples from beginning to end would be: Montreal-about a year as they are backlogged on interviews, Rio-about 6-8 months, Ghana-over a year as they are really backlogged. All this info comes directly from VJers of those respective areas who have set up appointments, and i have been in contact with the Rio embassy personally so I know their timeframes once they recieve the petition from NVC. Either way, your Petition should be in and out of VSC within 5 months barring any problems.

Not sure about Haiti, so you should go to your regional forum and check out what other VJers have posted who have had fiancee's come from Haiti, or ask there what the average time is for a K-1 visa.

Edited by Blob18

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

You are a fool to believe the government. This site takes a sample of the applicants to base it's data on and the results are quite accurate. One need only look at the stats on the timelines and/or follow Igor's List to get an idea of the time frames for applicants within a particular month. No government site is providing this data. The data they provide is false. Period.

Take a look through peoples' timelines over the past couple years from the progress reports forum. You can see some qualitative data right there. Sure, there are some cases that will take longer than the 5 month goal, but the majority are processed much faster historically.

Is anyone taking into account that some of the cases that take longer than 5 months might be the ones that need more evidence or have troubles on the forms?

Some take longer. Some take shorter. I think we can all agree on that. Each case is different with a different set of hurdles to overcome.

I just don't see why everyone is so touchy here. I mean, we're all in the same boat: Dealing with a horrible process and missing our loved ones in the meantime. Not knowing, especially when it comes to how long you'll be missing your fiance, is HELL for everyone! So why are people getting upset at other people? If anything, VJ.com forums are my only means of support since you can all relate to the same things I'm going through!

...(Can't we all just get along?) :)

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Is anyone taking into account that some of the cases that take longer than 5 months might be the ones that need more evidence or have troubles on the forms?

Some take longer. Some take shorter. I think we can all agree on that. Each case is different with a different set of hurdles to overcome.

I just don't see why everyone is so touchy here. I mean, we're all in the same boat: Dealing with a horrible process and missing our loved ones in the meantime. Not knowing, especially when it comes to how long you'll be missing your fiance, is HELL for everyone! So why are people getting upset at other people? If anything, VJ.com forums are my only means of support since you can all relate to the same things I'm going through!

...(Can't we all just get along?) :)

We are touchy, sensitive, and even crazy because we are in love and been separated with our dear ones and separated not because of our good will. I know it's the process and it should be a fair process but i feel like a prisoner because all I am aloud to do is to think.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.