UMER_HAYAT

K-1 Pakistan [merged/edited topic]

7 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi sorry for my English in advance

please help me

in short

i have a American GF ... we met on face book and we want to get married ,,, im in Pakistan ...

tell me K1 visa procedure for me if u can

and is this compulsory to met real not just chat phone etc ?

and Is K1 require to Have Engagement Ceremony pictures ? and we want to get married in USA how can we get K1 Visa ?

we have no Engagement or pictures

or i heard it is compulsory to have Engagement is this True

or i can go there on this Visa and then get Married ?

Regards

UMER HAYAT

PAKISTAN +923325400674

UMERHAYAT20@hotmail.com

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You don't need to have an official engagement ceremony, but you do have to have met in person within the last 2 years, no way around that. You could try for a tourist visa to go see her and check if you still like her in person, but it is difficult to get a tourist visa. It might be easier for her to come see you (take lots of photos, including with your family.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

hi sorry for my English in advance

please help me

in short

i have a American GF ... we met on face book and we want to get married ,,, im in Pakistan ...

tell me K1 visa procedure for me if u can

and is this compulsory to met real not just chat phone etc ?

and Is K1 require to Have Engagement Ceremony pictures ? and we want to get married in USA how can we get K1 Visa ?

we have no Engagement or pictures

or i heard it is compulsory to have Engagement is this True

or i can go there on this Visa and then get Married ?

Yes, you have to have met in person within the last two years. Yes, you have to intend to be married within 90 days of arriving. You both need to sign letters to this effect. That is what being engaged means to USCIS. So yes, you have to be engaged. If you have not met in the past two years or you do not consider yourselves "engaged" you will be flatly denied the visa. In fact, the petition will not be approved. Pictures are not technically necessary but serve as good evidence that you met. Ideally, you will need some other evidence as well that you met (visas for travel, hotel bills, airplane tickets, etc.) You ask if you can go there on this visa and then get married. This is the point of the visa (K-1 visa). However, you have to be "engaged" and you have to have met in the past two years.

On the subject of the I-134, the petitioner should fill out this form regardless of his or her income. Technically speaking, there is not an income requirement to fill out this form. The form simply states your intention to support the non-USC and your ability to do so. However, if the income on the I-134 is not sufficient, you will not be approved. Thus, if the income is not sufficient, a co-sponsor, who does have the sufficient income, should also fill out a separate I-134.

Also, note that the I-134 is a small hurdle compared to the I-864, which is the affidavit of support required for AOS. I-134 is not really enforceable in court and is only in effect for the duration of the visa (90 days). I-864 is enforceable in court, requires 125% of poverty as opposed to 100%, and is enforceable until the non-USC dies, obtains US citizenship, works for 40 quarters (10 years in the US), or abandons permanent residency. In short, it is a serious long term commitment. Make sure you have someone lined up for this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Pakistan is not part of the former Soviet Union and this post properly belongs in the Consulate forum. Someone please move so the OP can get more pertinent answers. RUB forum? while it is true the best and brightest hang out here, we are not so familiar with Pakistan.

Your co-sponsor submits the same forms as you do entirtely including proof of income. He/she must also submit proof of citizenship or permanent residency. Do not forget that part. YOU submitted proof of citizenship with your petition, your co-sponsor did not. They need to include that or they will not be considered.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

U r right Jahan

I dont know why the VJ has pushed me to Russia as I've been always in the K1 discussion. This is even strange for me.

Thanx again for the tip

I am sure that some organizer was thinking (correctly) that the RUB (Russia/Ukraine/Belarus)has the most knowledgeable and savvy members of all the VJ forums. It is true, I will humbly admit. But this really does belong in the consulate forum. Now that you have benefitted from the wise the decision to move your question to the RUB forum, the organizers can move it back and expose even more members to the stunning advice you have been given.

Good luck!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

To file any visa based on your relationship and desire to be married you have to have physically met once to file. It is nearly impossible for a single man from your country to get a visitors visa to come. It is most likely she will have to travel. If she is afraid to go there ( as many single woman may be ) you can meet somewhere else. The best thing would be to see where you can get a visa to and then meet there.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.