Jenn!

Amazon refuses to pull book promoting pedophilia

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Amazon has pulled the book. It actually violated their own content policy. I wrote to them and received the same email they sent to others about censorship, but like WyldBlu said, this isn't about whether they can sell it, but whether they should sell it. Apparently, Amazon agrees that continuing to sell it was not in their best interests.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Amazon has pulled the book. It actually violated their own content policy. I wrote to them and received the same email they sent to others about censorship, but like WyldBlu said, this isn't about whether they can sell it, but whether they should sell it. Apparently, Amazon agrees that continuing to sell it was not in their best interests.

So, in the end, the money has spoken, Not that this is a good or bad thing, but it is how most successful companies decide what products to carry or continue to carry.

-Blu-

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Amsterdam

02-27-09: I-129F Sent

03-10-09: I-129F NOA1

06-10-09: I-129F NOA2

06-17-09: Rec'vd by NVC

06-18-09: STUCK IN NVC AP

06-25-09: FINALLY petition on it's way to the embassy

06-29-09: DHL delivered our packet to the embassy in Amsterdam

07-01-09: Rec'd Packet 3!!!!

08-01-09: Rec'd Packet 4

08-25-09: Interview date...APPROVED!!!!

12/12/09: Fiancee arrival date WOOOT!

02/20/10: Married and SOOOO happy!

04/20/10: Sent off AOS (finally!)

05/03/10: Rec'd AOS NOA1

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

a century ago, it was acceptable..... don't forget that.

They aren't 'perverts.' It's a legitimate attraction.... There are a lot of people who are 'pedophiles' who don't actually 'act' on their desires out there. It's the same as the fact homosexuals have always been there and are just now in the past 20-30 years being able to come out of the woodwork safely.

Pedophiles were accepted a century ago? Nonsense. A woman getting raped a century ago was less likely to bring her assailant to justice, but that didn't mean it was acceptable.

Pedophiles aren't born pedophiles. It is a learned behavior.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Pedophiles were accepted a century ago? Nonsense. A woman getting raped a century ago was less likely to bring her assailant to justice, but that didn't mean it was acceptable.

Pedophiles aren't born pedophiles. It is a learned behavior.

My god you are ignorant.

Just as homosexuality is a 'learned' behavior, right? :rolleyes:

Attraction is very much part of human nature in different ways. Just as you might be attrated to women, but there's usually a 'type' of woman you find attractive, and other types that you do not. Brunettes over blondes, big butts versus small ones, etc... Some people find themselves attracted to both sexes in an almost equal way.

Do you find it acceptable when a 20-year old is attracted sexually to a 50-year old? Now think of that in the reverse. Sure, they're adults but at the same time the age difference is there.

A 13-year old girl who's growing breasts, etc... can be found attractive to a lot of people. It's taboo yes, but that doesn't mean she doesn't start looking like a grown woman then... Look at the 15-year olds who look like 25-year olds.

While it's hard to fathom being attracted to a pre-pubescent child, it is a common attraction for a lot of people. Men and women alike. You don't need a childhood of abuse to create that scenario. Actually that's a horrible excuse as the person abusing them had to get that attraction from somewhere as well. It all started with an attraction, a want, a desire for that. People don't just 'touch' children because they find it funny. They do it because something is there.

It's beyond ignorant to think of pedophilia as a disease. It's a scarlet letter in society because of its nature yes. I can't stand people who would do such things and wouldn't accept anyone like that in my ilfe, BUT at the same time I get it and recognize it for the reality that it is.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you can buy books on lockpicking and bomb-making on amazon, this isn't that far removed.

I doubt amazon is "making money" from this book. We're not exactly talking NY Times bestseller list here....

I suspect that they have a contractual agreement with the author.

It will probably sell under 50 copies.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I stand corrected - the content policy probably says that they can't sell or promote anything that specifically advocates criminal activity. Of course, they do sell a lot of "grey area" books as far as that goes.

Timeline

While it's hard to fathom being attracted to a pre-pubescent child, it is a common attraction for a lot of people. Men and women alike. You don't need a childhood of abuse to create that scenario. Actually that's a horrible excuse as the person abusing them had to get that attraction from somewhere as well. It all started with an attraction, a want, a desire for that. People don't just 'touch' children because they find it funny. They do it because something is there.

It's beyond ignorant to think of pedophilia as a disease. It's a scarlet letter in society because of its nature yes. I can't stand people who would do such things and wouldn't accept anyone like that in my ilfe, BUT at the same time I get it and recognize it for the reality that it is.

Yeah, I'd like to know where you are getting your 'facts' from - NIMBLA? Pretending that pedophilia is a natural or born trait is as disingenuous as it is disgusting. What kind of ####### are you reading this from???

(and for the record - homosexuality, like heterosexuality, is a born trait. Pedophilia is NOT )

Timeline

Yeah, I'd like to know where you are getting your 'facts' from - NIMBLA? Pretending that pedophilia is a natural or born trait is as disingenuous as it is disgusting. What kind of ####### are you reading this from???

(and for the record - homosexuality, like heterosexuality, is a born trait. Pedophilia is NOT )

Are you offended by the idea that someone out there was born and feels attracted to a certain group of people? No one is pretending anything. Actually, most people are very scared to admit out loud about the truth in being attracted to those younger than oneself. You call it #######, you call it disgusting because society has taught you to think such a way. As I said, I don't like it either, but I recognize who people are, what their wants and desires are, what their attractions are and what makes them tick. You cannot control this type of human nature. You try and use false logic to explain why people are pedophiles and I knocked you down in my last post on that. It's not that simple Steve. "Pedophiles" are people too, just ones who have a physical (and mental) attraction to something you cannot fathom or understand because you do not feel that way yourself. The fact you have kids of course makes this even harder for you to accept the idea of. You can't stand to think that some 'pervert' out there is thinking of your kids in a certain way when they walk by them in public. Guess what, the same way you stare at the breasts of a chick that walks by, the same way you check out those legs or that ####### on her, is the same way some people look at kids when they walk by them. You can like it or not, but it is what it is.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

Are you offended by the idea that someone out there was born and feels attracted to a certain group of people? No one is pretending anything. Actually, most people are very scared to admit out loud about the truth in being attracted to those younger than oneself. You call it #######, you call it disgusting because society has taught you to think such a way. As I said, I don't like it either, but I recognize who people are, what their wants and desires are, what their attractions are and what makes them tick. You cannot control this type of human nature. You try and use false logic to explain why people are pedophiles and I knocked you down in my last post on that. It's not that simple Steve. "Pedophiles" are people too, just ones who have a physical (and mental) attraction to something you cannot fathom or understand because you do not feel that way yourself. The fact you have kids of course makes this even harder for you to accept the idea of. You can't stand to think that some 'pervert' out there is thinking of your kids in a certain way when they walk by them in public. Guess what, the same way you stare at the breasts of a chick that walks by, the same way you check out those legs or that ####### on her, is the same way some people look at kids when they walk by them. You can like it or not, but it is what it is.

Answer my question - where are you getting these absurd ideas from?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Seems like common sense to me. You're either attracted to prepubescent boys/girls or you're not.

Just like you're either attracted to members of the same sex or you're not.

I don't see how you can "learn" it.

Edited by mawilson
biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

Actually do some reading and understanding on sexual attraction, physical attraction, etc. "Pedophiles" aren't evil people. Pedophile is not to be confused with a child molester for one... A pedophile is one who has a sexual attraction to children. This is nothing new throughout history. Do some legitimate psychology reading by someone who's not a hack who thinks everyone who does like A & B is 'mentally ill.' --- Lest you forget, homosexuality was treated as a mental illness up until 50 years ago. A lot of things were.

Sometimes the toughest subjects are the hardest ones to put bias aside and look at with an open mind and open eyes. Desire and attraction are very natural and instinctive things that we have as human beings. Our nature is one that's not concrete in any way. It's all on an individual basis eventhough many individuals fit a certain attitude. Are 35 year old men marrying 13/14-year olds a little over a century ago, pedophiles? Human nature is the same it has always been. Nothing has changed. Some actually studying of the human psychi would do you some good. Hell it would do everyone some good. Very few psychiatrists/psychologists will even touch this subject matter because of how 'disturbing' it is to people, but it is what it is....

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Seems like common sense to me. You're either attracted to prepubescent boys/girls or you're not.

Just like you're either attracted to members of the same sex or you're not.

I don't see how you can "learn" it.

I've got to agree.

That's not to say that acting on one's pedophilia should be treated like acting on one's homosexuality. The latter involves consenting adults.

Filed: Timeline

I agree with Paul but I also think the Internet has made more people open about their likes or what they're attracted to. They're able to find other people who like the same things they like and it doesn't feel wrong anymore because they see other people who like it too.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline

Actually do some reading and understanding on sexual attraction, physical attraction, etc. "Pedophiles" aren't evil people. Pedophile is not to be confused with a child molester for one... A pedophile is one who has a sexual attraction to children. This is nothing new throughout history. Do some legitimate psychology reading by someone who's not a hack who thinks everyone who does like A & B is 'mentally ill.' --- Lest you forget, homosexuality was treated as a mental illness up until 50 years ago. A lot of things were.

Sometimes the toughest subjects are the hardest ones to put bias aside and look at with an open mind and open eyes. Desire and attraction are very natural and instinctive things that we have as human beings. Our nature is one that's not concrete in any way. It's all on an individual basis eventhough many individuals fit a certain attitude. Are 35 year old men marrying 13/14-year olds a little over a century ago, pedophiles? Human nature is the same it has always been. Nothing has changed. Some actually studying of the human psychi would do you some good. Hell it would do everyone some good. Very few psychiatrists/psychologists will even touch this subject matter because of how 'disturbing' it is to people, but it is what it is....

Serial killers get sexually aroused with killing their victims and it is a learned or adapted behavior. Pedophiles become pedophiles from being victims of pedophiles at a young age. Sexual arousal is different from sexuality. Sexual arousal is shaped by experiences whereas sexuality is something that we are born with. A rapist wasn't born to rape, just as a pedophile isn't born to be sexually aroused by prepubescent children. That's the difference.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Serial killers get sexually aroused with killing their victims and it is a learned or adapted behavior.

Where are you getting these absurd ideas from?

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg