Catiane

Can the USCIS deny the visa just because had primary education?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi catiane,

The first part of the Fiancee visa process is really more about the US citizen and not so much about you. He submits the I-120f petition to immigration. This is basically asking the government for permission to have a 'family member' (in this case, a fiancee) apply for a visa to come to the US so they can get married. The government will look to make sure he is eligible to apply for this type of immigration benefit - that he is a US citizen, that he hasn't applied for a lot of fiancee visas in the past,, that he is not already married to someone else, and that you have met face to face within the last 2 years and have proof of this. If all of this information is provided, the US citizen almost always receives approval.

Once his petition is approved, the focus shifts to you. You now have permission to apply for the K-1 Visa, so the US Consulate in your home country will send you all of the paperwork and information you need to know to apply. Your educational background isn't important in this process. They will want to know about your health, about any connections you might have to criminal/terrorist organizations, whether you have a criminal record, that you are also eligible to marry someone by being either single, widowed or divorced, and that you are in a real relationship with your fiance and not just interested in coming to the US to live. They will also check to make sure your fiancee can afford to support you (he will have to provide you with proof of his financial situation so you can show the Consulate staff). They will then interview you to get an idea of who you are and how valid your relationship is, and to make sure all of the other pieces of information are available and correct. Once you pass the interview, they will give you the visa.

So, it will be a long enough time for all of this to happen. I know how important it is for you to be with your fiance. The best thing both of you can do right now is to learn all you can about the immigration process and paperwork, and to work on your relationship. Read everything you can, including all of the forms and instructions. You will find good advice at the top of this forum as well in the pinned topics. If you do this, then by the time your interview comes you should both be ready for it :yes: .

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My K 1 visa may be denied because because I only have fundamental education?

Thank you

Catiane,

I totally don't believe so, What education level has to do with immigration process? I wouldn't worry about that.

My K 1 visa may be denied because because I only have fundamental education?

Thank you

fundamental education = you studied until the 8th/9th year of school? No high school? You skipped what we know in Brazil as "colegial", "terceirao", "ensino medio"?

Just trying to make it more clear to other users! I don't think they use that expression in US! Just tell us how many years of school.

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but I believe you'll be alright! They are looking for proofs of relationship, and education will only mean more difficulties on getting a job if you didn't complete high school.

5oMDm5.png

For the detailed timeline, please click "Timeline" under my avatar and check the "comments".

ROC Journey:-

05.12.2012 -- Mailed I-751 packet

05.21.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

05.30.2012 -- Biometric notice issued

06.06.2012 -- Biometrics Date (walk-in). Was scheduled for 06/14

xx.xx.2012 -- Card Production Ordered.

xx.xx.2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi catiane,

The first part of the Fiancee visa process is really more about the US citizen and not so much about you. He submits the I-120f petition to immigration. This is basically asking the government for permission to have a 'family member' (in this case, a fiancee) apply for a visa to come to the US so they can get married. The government will look to make sure he is eligible to apply for this type of immigration benefit - that he is a US citizen, that he hasn't applied for a lot of fiancee visas in the past,, that he is not already married to someone else, and that you have met face to face within the last 2 years and have proof of this. If all of this information is provided, the US citizen almost always receives approval.

Once his petition is approved, the focus shifts to you. You now have permission to apply for the K-1 Visa, so the US Consulate in your home country will send you all of the paperwork and information you need to know to apply. Your educational background isn't important in this process. They will want to know about your health, about any connections you might have to criminal/terrorist organizations, whether you have a criminal record, that you are also eligible to marry someone by being either single, widowed or divorced, and that you are in a real relationship with your fiance and not just interested in coming to the US to live. They will also check to make sure your fiancee can afford to support you (he will have to provide you with proof of his financial situation so you can show the Consulate staff). They will then interview you to get an idea of who you are and how valid your relationship is, and to make sure all of the other pieces of information are available and correct. Once you pass the interview, they will give you the visa.

So, it will be a long enough time for all of this to happen. I know how important it is for you to be with your fiance. The best thing both of you can do right now is to learn all you can about the immigration process and paperwork, and to work on your relationship. Read everything you can, including all of the forms and instructions. You will find good advice at the top of this forum as well in the pinned topics. If you do this, then by the time your interview comes you should both be ready for it :yes: .

Thank you for everything!

I was so nervous about that, its a little scared all this stuff, but we love each other!... and as you said, this is very important to me!

Thanks alot!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Short answer. No.

Long answer

USCIS has nothing at all to do with approving or denying visas. They approve or deny PETITIONS and Adjustments of Status. The Department of State approves or denies visas. Education is not a material factor for approving a family based visa.

Non-issue

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.