Rickey

California Service Center To Texas Service Center

5,981 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congratulation for the approvals of this week, so far... and looking forward to see a lot more to come !!! but for now is time for me to go to bed!

06/19/10- NOA1 - Received

11-02-2010 Case Transferred from CSC to TSC

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

2 more days and im at 7 months, never would I have thought that the first step in this process would take this long...just incredible. There has to be some reason, a reason that I do not know at this point. I am really hoping for my approval this week.. =/

im on my 8th months now...done everything...but to no avail...still no NOA2....this whole process is BS...

My Journey to Happiness

NVC PROCESS

Mar 4, 2011 - hubby got NVC notice

April 3, 2011 - paid AOS online, emailed choice of agent

April 6, 2011 - AOS status PAID - NVC acknowledged choice of agent thru email

April 18 2011- paid IV bill online

May 18, 2011 - Send AOS Package

May 26, 2011 - Send DS230

June 1, 2011 - received email from NVC stating that our AOS lacks something is this RFE?

July 9, 2011 - mailed required docs for RFE

July 21, 2011 - called NVC and AVR said RFE again bt we havent rcvd any mail from them

Jul.21,2011- SIGN IN FAILED

Jul 24,2011-called NVC and AVR stated CASE COMPLETED on Jul 20

Aug.24-25, 2011 - Medical at st.Lukes...PASSED!!!!!!!!!!

SEPT 12, 2011 - INTERVIEW SCHED at US EM MANILA......PASSED

SEPT. 16,2011 - VISA ON HAND

..all my bags are packed im ready to go..yaaaayyyy!!!!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes I have contacted my congresswoman, they did nothing for me. They just said that if I havent been approved by March, then I should call them and they can try to push them a little harder. She was surprised that cases were being approved in 3-4 months at CSC and reminded me that they used to take a year (trying to make me feel better, didnt work). I also wrote to USCIS ombudsman, put in a service request over a month ago, emailed TSC, called USCIS, so I have been quite proactive. Nothing has seemed to work so I stopped trying to be proactive and am now just waiting..waiting..and waiting some more.

same here...done evrything but nothing seems to work out right.......

My Journey to Happiness

NVC PROCESS

Mar 4, 2011 - hubby got NVC notice

April 3, 2011 - paid AOS online, emailed choice of agent

April 6, 2011 - AOS status PAID - NVC acknowledged choice of agent thru email

April 18 2011- paid IV bill online

May 18, 2011 - Send AOS Package

May 26, 2011 - Send DS230

June 1, 2011 - received email from NVC stating that our AOS lacks something is this RFE?

July 9, 2011 - mailed required docs for RFE

July 21, 2011 - called NVC and AVR said RFE again bt we havent rcvd any mail from them

Jul.21,2011- SIGN IN FAILED

Jul 24,2011-called NVC and AVR stated CASE COMPLETED on Jul 20

Aug.24-25, 2011 - Medical at st.Lukes...PASSED!!!!!!!!!!

SEPT 12, 2011 - INTERVIEW SCHED at US EM MANILA......PASSED

SEPT. 16,2011 - VISA ON HAND

..all my bags are packed im ready to go..yaaaayyyy!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

At this point i am extremely disappointed. As others are, I am happy someone got approved, but with dates weeks after mine?! How is that possible, this week it will be 7 months for me and I am at my wits end. Let something happen today.

Timeline

I have completed 6 months today for NOA 2. I did everything as others did to get help..No mercy from TSC OR USCIS.

USCIS JOURNEY

07-26-2010: I-130 package mailed.

07-30-2010: Package delivered.

08-11-2010: Money Order Cashed by USCIS.

08-13-2010: Touched

08-16-2010: Received NOA1 hard copy.

08-01-2010 is My Priority Date

11-02-2010 and 11-03-2010 Touched:Maybe for case transfer to Texas Service center

11-04-2010 Touched.

11-24-2010 Touched.

02-15-2011 RFE..Waiting for paper to come in Snail Mail.

02-16-2011 RFE.Response.

02-22-2011 Paper delivered to TSC.Waiting to hear something from TSC.

03-01-2011 RFE Resonse Review status at USCIS website.

03-04-2011 NOA 2

I-130 was approved in 215 days from NOA1 date.

NVC JOURNEY:

03-14-2011 Approved I-130 shipped to NVC.

03-16-2011 NVC received file but not entered in system

03-17-2011 NVC Case number assigned and IIN number received.

03-17-2011 DS-3032(Choice of Agent)Email to NVC,waiting for email to be approved.

03-18-2011 AOS fees paid,Transaction in process.waiting for PAID status.

03-21-2011 AOS Status PAID.

03-22-2011 AOS Packet mailed via usps.

03-22-2011 DS-3032 Email Accepted/IV Bill generated/Paid IV fee.

03-24-2011 AOS Packet delivered at NVC.

04-04-2011 AOS Approved.

04-08-2011 IV packet sent to NVC Via USPS.

04-11-2011 IV packet delivered at NVC.

04-13-2011 Expedite Request accepted by Mumbai Consulate

04-15-2011 Case file has been shipped to Mumbai consulate via DHL Express Mailing.

06-03-2011 Interview date/APPROVED

Filed: Timeline

hey guy good morning i'm having the best morning ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

today is my wife b-day and i was so sad that i couldn't travel too see her because of work!!

so i stayed up talking with her till like about 11pm eastern then i started to act as if i was sleepy and want to go to sleep so we said our goodnites and hung up!!!!!!!

my plan was to stay up till 1am eastern which would be 12am eastern in el salvador to call her and surprise her by waking her up and sayin happy b-day!!!!!!

which i did do and she was so happy i love her so much!!!!!!

but the real surprise came in at 11:30 pm eastern wehe i got a text saying that we got our i-130 approve!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this made it even more of a surprise that i told her happy b-day and we got approved!!!!!!!!

with all the excitment I hope there will be many more approval today for everybody!!!!!!!!!!

hey guy good morning i'm having the best morning ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

today is my wife b-day and i was so sad that i couldn't travel too see her because of work!!

so i stayed up talking with her till like about 11pm eastern then i started to act as if i was sleepy and want to go to sleep so we said our goodnites and hung up!!!!!!!

my plan was to stay up till 1am eastern which would be 12am eastern in el salvador to call her and surprise her by waking her up and sayin happy b-day!!!!!!

but the real surprise came in at 11:30 pm eastern wehe i got a text saying that we got our i-130 approve!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this made it even more of a surprise that i told her happy b-day and we got approved!!!!!!!!

with all the excitment I hope there will be many more approval today for everybody!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!

Thank you very much for your kind words. The way I see this this horrible wait and separation does have one positive, my wife and I will have much more appreciation for the simple gift of being able to be physically together. I think that a lot of people do not appreciate what a true luxury it is to be with someone you love. I see a lot of my friends fight with their significant others and want to get away from them. I've told them "Man, at least you can look them in the eye and talk about it, kiss and make up afterwards. You don't have to do it over Skype or an instant message." If anything this will bring us closer to our loved ones and make our relationships stronger. Always keep that hope and always remember why we're all enduring this torture. Good luck to you and your family.

-Michael

So true, and congratulations on your NVC case number! Your timeline mentions the date that USCIS mailed your case to NVC. How did you get that information, if you don't mind me asking?

Edited by rpratt

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

congrats Pupi!! I wish all of us have that same luck soon

im on my 8th months now...done everything...but to no avail...still no NOA2....this whole process is BS...

your NOA1 is july 17th, I dont think it is 8 months for you...I was counting from my NOA1 ;)

Edited by xelance

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

At this point i am extremely disappointed. As others are, I am happy someone got approved, but with dates weeks after mine?! How is that possible, this week it will be 7 months for me and I am at my wits end. Let something happen today.

It is ALL random, that is how. 36000 cases were transferred, you may be at the top or the bottom of the pile...we have no choice but to wait and find out what side we are on. I know how you feel, but really try to be happy for the person...we are all in the same mess here.

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

Timeline

It is ALL random, that is how. 36000 cases were transferred, you may be at the top or the bottom of the pile...we have no choice but to wait and find out what side we are on. I know how you feel, but really try to be happy for the person...we are all in the same mess here.

It is an unjust system and there is no point for the priority date they gave us. I wanna scream or cry or both

Wow, what a birthday present! Congrats to both of you!

USCIS

Married: July 16, 2010

I-30 Sent to Chicago Lock Box: August 9, 2010

Chicago Lock Box confirms receipt: August 12, 2010

NOA 1: August 26, 2010 (two weeks! Not bad!)

NOA 1: Received in mail: August 30, 2010

Transferred to TSC: November 2, 2010

Touched: November 10, 2010

Touched: November 18, 2010

Touched: November 19, 2010

Touched: November 24, 2010

NOA 2: December 23, 2010 (119 Days after NOA 1 Woot! Woot! Merry Christmas!)

TSC ships case to NVC: January 21, 2011 (#######? A MONTH TO SHIP?!)

National Visa Center

NVC Receives Case: January 28, 2011 (Received, but no NVC number assigned yet)

NVC Number Assigned: January 31, 2011 (spoke with operator, emails given, waiting for Invoice Number)

NVC Invoice received: February 1, 2011 (Paid Immediately, petitioner emailed Choice of Agent)

NVC Posted AOS fee payment: February 2, 2011

AOS packet sent to NVC: February 3, 2011

AOS packet delivered to NVC: February 4, 2011

Choice of Agent processed: February 9, 2011

VI Fee Paid: February 9, 2011

VI Fee Processed: February 10, 2011 (Barcode available online)

VI Fee barcode emailed with instructions: February 11, 2011

DS-230 Packet Sent: February 17, 2011

DS-230 Packet Received by NVC: February 22, 2011

DS-230 Packet Processed and sent to Embassy: March 9, 2011

Embassy

Interview Date: April 27, 2011

So true, and congratulations on your NVC case number! Your timeline mentions the date that USCIS mailed your case to NVC. How did you get that information, if you don't mind me asking?

On January 21, 2011 I received the following email from USCIS.

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On January 21, 2011, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

I honestly don't know if that's standard procedure, perhaps someone else that has gotten their NVC number could tell us if they got that as well. It also showed up as a change in my status when I checked my case on the USCIS website, it just says the same thing the email says.

USCIS

Married: July 16, 2010

I-30 Sent to Chicago Lock Box: August 9, 2010

Chicago Lock Box confirms receipt: August 12, 2010

NOA 1: August 26, 2010 (two weeks! Not bad!)

NOA 1: Received in mail: August 30, 2010

Transferred to TSC: November 2, 2010

Touched: November 10, 2010

Touched: November 18, 2010

Touched: November 19, 2010

Touched: November 24, 2010

NOA 2: December 23, 2010 (119 Days after NOA 1 Woot! Woot! Merry Christmas!)

TSC ships case to NVC: January 21, 2011 (#######? A MONTH TO SHIP?!)

National Visa Center

NVC Receives Case: January 28, 2011 (Received, but no NVC number assigned yet)

NVC Number Assigned: January 31, 2011 (spoke with operator, emails given, waiting for Invoice Number)

NVC Invoice received: February 1, 2011 (Paid Immediately, petitioner emailed Choice of Agent)

NVC Posted AOS fee payment: February 2, 2011

AOS packet sent to NVC: February 3, 2011

AOS packet delivered to NVC: February 4, 2011

Choice of Agent processed: February 9, 2011

VI Fee Paid: February 9, 2011

VI Fee Processed: February 10, 2011 (Barcode available online)

VI Fee barcode emailed with instructions: February 11, 2011

DS-230 Packet Sent: February 17, 2011

DS-230 Packet Received by NVC: February 22, 2011

DS-230 Packet Processed and sent to Embassy: March 9, 2011

Embassy

Interview Date: April 27, 2011

On January 21, 2011 I received the following email from USCIS.

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On January 21, 2011, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

I honestly don't know if that's standard procedure, perhaps someone else that has gotten their NVC number could tell us if they got that as well. It also showed up as a change in my status when I checked my case on the USCIS website, it just says the same thing the email says.

Oh, ok. I have that letter also, but mines says "Allow 90 days for NVC to get the case". Thanks!

Edited by rpratt

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

I'm convinced that there's is something we can do to at least avoid this mess to happen in the future. There were several mistakes commited by USCIS, they know it, they also know that we may be afraid of taking any action as it may cause more waiting (like dictators rule their countries = under fear) But we are talking about US government, the land of free, the land of intelligent people, where 36000 cases should never be put on hold due to a stupid decision and non accurate processing system (non sense answers, random approvals)

I'm convinced that at TSC they are doing everything to keep us waiting without making noises by telling us whatever comes to their mind. Of course they read our threats, but there's nothing talking about serious actions which can put them in bad positions. Some of you have contacted your local media, but then, it's JUST some of you, YOUR OWN local media. Why shouldn't you pick a specific media and do a common action, all together? I really think we should set up something al together.

Please advice

09/2009 - Met in Paris, France at work
04-23-2010 Marriage in Madison, Alabama
USCIS
07-19-2010 Filed I-130 - CR1 & CR2 (my daughter)
07-20-2010 Priority date
07-27-2010 NOA1 (California Service Centre)
11-03-2010 Transfer to Texas Service Centre
02-23-2011 NOA2 for my case
03-09-2011 NOA2 for daughter's case
NVC
03-04-2011 Case #
03-17-2011 Daughter's case#
04-21-2011 AOS & Support docs delivered to NVC
04-22-2011 NVC receive
(RFEs : Jan 27, Feb 8, May 4 & 5, all of them nonsense based, our birth certificates are multi-lingual, but they only see it when I call them after receiving the RFE)

05-23-2011 Checklists delivered to NVC (desperately waiting for CC)
06-06-2011 SIF
06-08-2011 CC (both mine & daughter's) + RFE - checklist to bring to interview
06-28-2011 Medical exam - Passed
07-19-2011 Interview in Paris - Passed
07-26-2011 Visa in hand
08/05/2011 POE Atlanta

08/22/2011 SSN Card in hand
08/23/2011 GC in hand Yipeeeeeeeeeeee

Removal of Conditions

07/20/2013 Petitions sent

07/23/2013 NOA

07/29/2013 NOA received

08/03/2013 Biometrics appointment letter received, scheduled 08/20/2013 in Birmingham AL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.