qqq777iii888

to clarify earlier e-mail about USCIS now going by Noa1

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

He just simply said that they had stopped processing i129f's at the end of June and so when imbra's started to be "Recieved" the first couple days of July that they processed those REGARDLESS of noa1 date. NOW, that they all IMBRAS have been recieved they are going back to noa1 date NOT rfe date.

YES, their are exceptions to this and the system is not good. However their was a reason that their were may's ahead of march's if the may noa1 RFE was RECIEVED by the CSC in late June or early July (june29-july8th). Like I said I am sure their are examples where this wasnt true. This is just what a staff manager at the CSC said. AND yes, it is 3rd hand.

Please dont critisize me, I am just telling you what I heard. To me it makes a little sense.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
He just simply said that they had stopped processing i129f's at the end of June and so when imbra's started to be "Recieved" the first couple days of July that they processed those REGARDLESS of noa1 date. NOW, that they all IMBRAS have been recieved they are going back to noa1 date NOT rfe date.

YES, their are exceptions to this and the system is not good. However their was a reason that their were may's ahead of march's if the may noa1 RFE was RECIEVED by the CSC in late June or early July (june29-july8th). Like I said I am sure their are examples where this wasnt true. This is just what a staff manager at the CSC said. AND yes, it is 3rd hand.

Please dont critisize me, I am just telling you what I heard. To me it makes a little sense.

Please dont think we are criticizing you. I guess the issue is CSC has no idea what they are doing and ever bit of information they leak out is different to different people. We just kept having our hopes up to no avail and information that eventually changed..........I am hoping you are right (it would be a first with the csc! haha)

wolf

3/11/06 - 3/26/06 Visited my baby in the PI's

3/29/06 - K1 packet recieved at NSC

6/01/06 - Redirected to CSC

6/14/06 - CSC e-mailed confirmation on the reciept of file

6/23/06 - They they sent the IMBRA RFE

7/03/06 - The emailed that the IMBRA RFE went out on 6/23/06

7/03/06 - I received IMBRA RFE

7/05/06 - Touched

7/06/06 - Delivery Confirmation from the Post Office RFE recieved

7/11/06 - Email notification from CSC that IMBRA RFE Recieved

7/12/06 - Touched (but was to respond to an email that only said 'request recieved and will be processed within 30 days. argh)

7/13/06 - Touched

NOA2 September 11!!!

10/18/06 - Received at Embassy

12/23/06 - Recieved package with interview/medical schedule

01/08/06 - CFO interview/(pre-departure class) Complete

1/11/07 & 1/12/07 Medical complete

02/05/07 - Interview!!!

2/7/07 (2/8/07 manila) - Informed we are approved...3 days after interview.

2/12/07 Visa Received

2/16/07 Baby arrives in US!!!!!

4/14/07 Wedding

4/21/07 Filed AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Like Wolf said, it's not meant as offense to you. It's just that one lawyer says he got this information from a staff manager - that's just not a credible source in my book. We were first told by multiple senators' offices that they were indeed following NOA1 dates. This information was provided to the senators by the CSC. But it turned out to be untrue. In fact, the only way Gary and I have been able to get a response, at all, from our senator's office is because they are so angry that they were lied to. Other people have posted what their lawyers have sworn to be the truth and others here swear by what they read in the official IMBRA memo. The truth seems to be that processing is still entirely random, but of course to keep all of us off their backs (and to keep the senators and congressmen off their backs) they are surely attempting to process in some sort of equitable manner. But I have a hard time believe it's a strict policy. In the end, of course I hope and pray you are right. But the reality is that they screwed this up from the beginning and it's hard to imagine that they are trying to make it right now by actually going in order.

Filed: Timeline

Like Wolf said, it's not meant as offense to you. It's just that one lawyer says he got this information from a staff manager - that's just not a credible source in my book. We were first told by multiple senators' offices that they were indeed following NOA1 dates. This information was provided to the senators by the CSC. But it turned out to be untrue. In fact, the only way Gary and I have been able to get a response, at all, from our senator's office is because they are so angry that they were lied to. Other people have posted what their lawyers have sworn to be the truth and others here swear by what they read in the official IMBRA memo. The truth seems to be that processing is still entirely random, but of course to keep all of us off their backs (and to keep the senators and congressmen off their backs) they are surely attempting to process in some

sort of equitable manner. But I have a hard time believe it's a strict policy. In the end, of course I hope and pray you are right. But the reality is that they screwed this up from the beginning and it's hard to imagine that they are trying to make it right now by actually going in order.

I guess enough said. They ARE going by noa1 again, you can see that from the past few days.

actually I wish they were not, because I am a mid May filer, so I have to wait now :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I guess enough said. They ARE going by noa1 again, you can see that from the past few days.

actually I wish they were not, because I am a mid May filer, so I have to wait now :)

I will leave that alone, but I truly shouldnt....yet I am in a good mood cuz I see my baby soon....anyone else??

wolf

3/11/06 - 3/26/06 Visited my baby in the PI's

3/29/06 - K1 packet recieved at NSC

6/01/06 - Redirected to CSC

6/14/06 - CSC e-mailed confirmation on the reciept of file

6/23/06 - They they sent the IMBRA RFE

7/03/06 - The emailed that the IMBRA RFE went out on 6/23/06

7/03/06 - I received IMBRA RFE

7/05/06 - Touched

7/06/06 - Delivery Confirmation from the Post Office RFE recieved

7/11/06 - Email notification from CSC that IMBRA RFE Recieved

7/12/06 - Touched (but was to respond to an email that only said 'request recieved and will be processed within 30 days. argh)

7/13/06 - Touched

NOA2 September 11!!!

10/18/06 - Received at Embassy

12/23/06 - Recieved package with interview/medical schedule

01/08/06 - CFO interview/(pre-departure class) Complete

1/11/07 & 1/12/07 Medical complete

02/05/07 - Interview!!!

2/7/07 (2/8/07 manila) - Informed we are approved...3 days after interview.

2/12/07 Visa Received

2/16/07 Baby arrives in US!!!!!

4/14/07 Wedding

4/21/07 Filed AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Like Wolf said, it's not meant as offense to you. It's just that one lawyer says he got this information from a staff manager - that's just not a credible source in my book. We were first told by multiple senators' offices that they were indeed following NOA1 dates. This information was provided to the senators by the CSC. But it turned out to be untrue. In fact, the only way Gary and I have been able to get a response, at all, from our senator's office is because they are so angry that they were lied to. Other people have posted what their lawyers have sworn to be the truth and others here swear by what they read in the official IMBRA memo. The truth seems to be that processing is still entirely random, but of course to keep all of us off their backs (and to keep the senators and congressmen off their backs) they are surely attempting to process in some

sort of equitable manner. But I have a hard time believe it's a strict policy. In the end, of course I hope and pray you are right. But the reality is that they screwed this up from the beginning and it's hard to imagine that they are trying to make it right now by actually going in order.

Um?? I am a February filer and i'm still waiting. I *wish* NOA1 dates were followed.

Although our list is just a fraction of the petitions approved by CSC, the lawyer may well have received some credible information. Besides 31 Jul and 01 May, where there were several May and a few Jun NOA1s approved, there have been very little approvals outside of March and April. There are a few June NOA1 sprinkled in here and there but March and April now reign supreme. We'll see as more approvals come in...

Edited by Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

To the OP: this is not an assault on you. You were just passing information that you heard.

For everyone, consider this:

This my post to the same topic from the IMBRA Issues topic:

The bottom line is this, they (USCIS) fcuked up the entire IMBRA process.

They were not ready to implement IMBRA to begin with, then,

They sent IMBRA RFE's out in a random order, then thought to process based upon receipt date.

Now, apparently, they are processing many March and April cases. Track the latest approvals to validate this statement.

Everyone will get done, but, at the end of the day, it should have been done in order.

RFE issuance by NOA-1 date, further processing by RFE return date.

If we did this type of shoddy work in our jobs, we would be shown the door. Simple as that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey, CSC is truely random and crazy. After forwarding my paperwork to Vermont for some reason I was put back in queue with those of an NOA-1 over 6 months after mine.

I'm at 13 months with no RFE for anything. Last I heard they're finally processing.

7-6-2005 Sent paperwork to CSC

7-13-2005 NOA-1

12-27-2005 Called about out of process

1-3-2006 Response sent

2-3-2006 Called because response never made it, started out of process again

4-5-2006 Called again because nothing has happened got the response "nothing has changed"

4-11-2006 Emailed CSC

4-12-2006 Emailed Congressman

4-13-2006 Got response from CSC stating that the file has been requested for processing (Hopefull yeah!)

6-30-2006 Exchange email with CSC--file is being processed contact again in 30 days

7-30-2006 CSC no longer accepts email

8-21-2006 NOA-2 Fantastic!

9-8-2006 NVC supposedly sends to Embassy

10-4-2006 Embassy doesn't have paperwork yet?

10-11-2006 Interview set for 10-25-2006

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hey, CSC is truely random and crazy. After forwarding my paperwork to Vermont for some reason I was put back in queue with those of an NOA-1 over 6 months after mine.

I'm at 13 months with no RFE for anything. Last I heard they're finally processing.

Edging out Icey and waitingincolo as the person (people) who have been the MOST screwed over by USCIS . . . .introducing: RONIN308!!!!

So sorry to hear your horrible story - hope your approval is next!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have been out of the loop now for 2 weeks......then I caught this thread by 777...........

does anyone know or heard from lawyers if the clerks at the CSC or Vermont service centers are assigned strickly by visa types........in other words......are a group of clerks assigned to K1 visas only and another group works on emplyment type visas.....etc....etc...........or do these clerks work on all types of visas from one week to the next?????

I am in management.........if there was a severe work stoppage at one point.....these clerks would have had to continue working on something..........i am sure that they just did not sit in their cubacles and played solitaire on their computers for weeks and weeks.........

I am wondering if they were simply pulling files at random to show angry senators that they were in fact doing something at these service centers...........then once all the managers got their s*it together and finally made some solid decisions the clerks were given marching orders again to follow the original NOA1 dates...........

dwar.........can you add any insight to this theory?????????

I am just thinking out loud as a manager.........my job is to keep workers working regardless of what comes up during the day or the week.........

Kit or Gary........what are your senators telling you at this point??????Did they get a copy of ulings approval listing????????

Mike

03-21-06 - Petition received at TSC

03-27-06 - NOA1 Transferred to CSC

08-02-06 - TOUCHED

08-03-06 - TOUCHED

08-07-06 - TOUCHED

09-11-06 - 1st meeting with Congressional aid

09-14-06 - 1st letter sent from Congressional aid to CSC.

09-21-06 - 1st generic response from CSC to aid.

09-22-06 - 2nd letter from Congressional aid to CSC.

09-22-06 - touched

09-23-06 - touched

09-25-06 - touched

09-26-06 - touched

09-26-06 - 2nd meeting with Congressional aid

09-27-06 - 3rd meeting with Congressional aid

10-02-06 - 5 emails stating that an RFE was sent out on Sept 30th....

10-03-06 - touched

10-10-06 - received IMBRA RFE

10-11-06 - sent IMBRA RFE to CSC

10-12-06 - CSC receives IMBRA RFE

10-17-06 - touched

10-19-06 - touched

10-20-06 - touched

10-21-06 - touched

10-24-06 - APPROVED

10-26-06 - touched

10-27-06 - touched

11-03-06 - NVC notifies w/letter - receipt of case

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

As I see it. I am glad they are going by NOA1 dates (if in fact they are???) I do not want to slip in, in front of the older petitioners. Just like I don't want petitioners that have filed after me get approved before me. The only thing that should disrupt the flow is RFE's and I'm not only referring to the IMBRA fiasco. Any RFE can kick your petition out of the consecutive flow. That’s why it is soooooooo important to get your petition correct the first time.

Clare

K-1 - Timeline:

08/01/2005 - First met Lisa on the Internet

05/25/2006 - Flew to Guangzhou to meet my Sweetheart

06/21/2006 - Returned to America

07/05/2006 - sent I-129F to Nebraska Service Center

07/07/2006 - Transfered to California Service Center

07/11/2006 - NOA1

07/15/2006 - Touched

07/18/2006 - Check Cleared at Bank.

09/18/2006 - Touched

09/18/2006 - NOA2 Approved

09/19/2006 - Touched

09/21/2006 - NOA2 Received in Mail

09/28/2006 - NVC Received Petition and Assigned Case Number GUZ2006xxxxxx

10/05/2006 - Shipped to Guangzhou

11/20/2006 - Still not in Guangzhou, ya right.

12/29/2006 - Packet 3, sheeesh about time.

02/08/2007 - Packet 4

03/29/2007 - Interview

03/29/2007 - Pink Slip

04/04/2007 - Visa

04/15/2007 - Arriving America. POE Detroit, MI

06/06/2007 - Wedding

10/16/2007 - Green Card

115556592198128.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I hope the speculation about beginning to follow NOA1 dates is true. It makes sense.

You think they might want to get the processing dates to reflect something besides 6 March! I imagine they are receiving a lot of heat from their superiors, senators and disgruntled customers.

It's like the staff blind-fold each other then spin around three times before randomly grabbing a file from the shelf.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.