liz0215

Is it true that you can speed up your k1 process??

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey guys! I just want to ask if it's true that its's possible to speedup the process of your k1 if you submit all the requirements asked by the USCIS? I mean my fiance's friend hired a lawyer and his lawyer said that the process will speed up if you send all the requirements(k1 form, g-325, passport photos etc.) including certificate of no marriage, police clearance and NBI clearance in your initial filling. I've been doing the research and reading about the filling and stuff and i learned that there's no such thing as speeding up the process but I still want to hear your opinions regarding this. Will appreciate your replies. Thanks for taking your time to read this!

event.png

Our K1 Journey

Oct 29, 2010 - Package sent through USPS (regular mail)

Nov 4, 2010 - E-notification received

Nov 8, 2010 - NOA1 received dated Nov 4

Nov 10, 2010 - "Touched"

March 14,2011 - "Touched"

March 28,2011 - Petition approved based on USCIS website

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

the only way you can speed up a process is by filig an expedite,which hardly gets approved,unless youre in the military and getting deployed OR have a good reason ( like a dying parent ) to get your visa faster than others

Speeding up the petition approval is not possible. Like everyone elses petition, it will sit on the shelf at the service center until an adjudicator gets to it. Front loading it will help an adjudicator approve it, and not have to send out an RFE.

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

hiring a lawyer or an agency will not help to speed the process of the petition.. unless it is expedite... and u can have an expedite if u are in a military with deployment order...

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey guys! I just want to ask if it's true that its's possible to speedup the process of your k1 if you submit all the requirements asked by the USCIS? I mean my fiance's friend hired a lawyer and his lawyer said that the process will speed up if you send all the requirements(k1 form, g-325, passport photos etc.) including certificate of no marriage, police clearance and NBI clearance in your initial filling. I've been doing the research and reading about the filling and stuff and i learned that there's no such thing as speeding up the process but I still want to hear your opinions regarding this. Will appreciate your replies. Thanks for taking your time to read this!

It is true if you do not send what is required with the petition, it will be delayed due to RFEs. If you send everything required for a petition it will allow the petition to be processed without delay...which means whenever they get to it. If you call that "speeding it up", fine. Sleep well and who cares about the money the attorney took from you, you were bound to be separated from it anyway.

Speeding up the petition approval is not possible. Like everyone elses petition, it will sit on the shelf at the service center until an adjudicator gets to it. Front loading it will help an adjudicator approve it, and not have to send out an RFE.

They do not send RFEs for things not needed for a petition. Adding things not needed for a petition will not speed things up or avoid RFEs. They only need what they need, anything else is just extra postage to pay

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Speeding up "the process of your K1" by "submit[ing] all of the requirements asked by USCIS", is kind of like speeding up your car by remembering to put gas in it! :D

And you can get even more speed by remembering to bring the key when you leave the house! :lol:

Tthat's got to be one of the weaseliest things I've ever heard!

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

The only thing hiring a lawyer will do is speed up the time it takes for your wallet to empty.

John

And it won't speed up the process if you include something not needed at the initial stage (such as the police certificate) and by the time you get to the interview the police certificate is out of date...

Timeline
:wow: Thanks guys for all your inputs. I really appreciate!

event.png

Our K1 Journey

Oct 29, 2010 - Package sent through USPS (regular mail)

Nov 4, 2010 - E-notification received

Nov 8, 2010 - NOA1 received dated Nov 4

Nov 10, 2010 - "Touched"

March 14,2011 - "Touched"

March 28,2011 - Petition approved based on USCIS website

Timeline

:wow: Thanks guys for all your inputs. I really appreciate!

One thing I did that at least helped me sleep better was to spend 80.00 on an immigration counselor. This individual had worked in a USCIS field office & when they shut them down, went to work for Catholic Charities Organization locally. For 80.00, he reviewed my forms, my evidence, made recomendations on how I could bolster my petition and also gave me an outline on how to organize all documents to make it easier to process. He said that when accepting files from the "bin" to process, he always looked for the neat, well compiled files as they were much less headache and rarely needed RFE's.

Maybe it did not help in the end but it was 80.00 worth of restful sleep.

Will

Filed: Timeline

Certainly there is no "official" way to speed up the process. See here:http://www.fianceevisas.net/k1-faq.htm. The advice that the lawyer has given, though, is in fact correct. If you include all of the items they might need, they won't have to spend weeks/months requesting these things from you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.