KirstyDustin

Still no NOA1 Notification received...

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi There,

:help:

I am new here, so i'm sorry if anyone has already asked this question.

My Fiance sent the I-129F package on the 1st October and when he tracked the package it said that it was delivered on the 6th October in Texas. We still haven't received an NOA1 notification, should we be worried or can my Fiance call the USCIS to check the status of our application so far? We are just so eager to be together in the same country again and this waiting is driving me insane :blink::)

I know i should probably be more patient, but i see other people have received their NOA1 within a few days after sending their application off. We on to our 16th day after sending it off and 11 days since it was delivered! So i can't help but worry a bit...

Any advice would be great.

Thank you :)

Dustin USA (Petitioner)
Kirsty SA (Beneficiary)

K-1 Journey

7 MONTHS 20 DAYS.. (From Start to Finish)

P.O.E

05.27.2011 - Flying to Michigan
05.28.2011 - P.O.E in New York - had no problems at all smile.png
05.28.2011 - Off to Detroit
07.09.2011 - Our Wedding wub.png

AOS Journey

3 MONTHS 4 DAYS (From Filing AOS to Interview Approval)
3 MONTHS 9 DAYS (From Filing AOS to Receiving GC)

ROC Journey

.. MONTHS .. DAYS (From Filing ROC to Receiving 10 Year GC)

.. MONTHS .. DAYS (From Responding to RFE to Receiving 10 Year GC)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've seen NOA-1s take up to 60 days. Calling USCIS is useless so don't even bother

You NEED to be more patient, this journey is stressful enough without unrealistic expectations and timelines

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

If it makes you feel any better most of us that didn't fill out the email notification form were waiting quite a while for our NOA1's. Once we received it we went and filled out our timelines. The good thing about your situation is your fiance sent it with confirmation so at least you guys know it got there safely. It's just a matter of going through the process. :)

tumblr_l2zffoq44C1qc5x0yo1_400.jpg

My honey is NIGERIAN and I'm AMERICAN

K1 Journey

07/27/10 Mailed Petition

07/28/10 Petition received at VSC then forwarded to Lewisville, TX (received there 7/29/10)

08/02/10 NOA1 Notice date

08/06/10 Touched

08/07/10 Received NOA1 in mail

08/10/10 Touched

10/03/10 Touched

01/31/11 I-129F Petition APPROVED!!!

02/03/11 Received hard copy of NOA2 (although the envelope is stamped Feb 2...so only one day to get to me :) )

02/07/11 Arrived at NVC

02/07/11 MADE APPOINTMENTS FOR MEDICAL AND INTERVIEW. (Will post actual dates after they occur :) )

02/08/11 Left NVC

02/17/11 Medical

03/01/11 Interview (FH is in AP)

04/12/11 AP COMPLETED!!

04/13/11 FH notified to come to the embassy with his passport!

04/26/11 FH received Visa

04/29/11 FH Arrived in the US!!! JFK POE

06/08/11 MARRIED!

Hi There,

:help:

I am new here, so i'm sorry if anyone has already asked this question.

My Fiance sent the I-129F package on the 1st October and when he tracked the package it said that it was delivered on the 6th October in Texas. We still haven't received an NOA1 notification, should we be worried or can my Fiance call the USCIS to check the status of our application so far? We are just so eager to be together in the same country again and this waiting is driving me insane :blink::)

I know i should probably be more patient, but i see other people have received their NOA1 within a few days after sending their application off. We on to our 16th day after sending it off and 11 days since it was delivered! So i can't help but worry a bit...

Any advice would be great.

Thank you :)

Did you send in the G-1145 form? If not, you won't get any notification until you get the NOA1 in the mail. Mine took about a week I think to get the hard copy after I got the email/text, but it could take longer! Give it another few days, but make sure to keep checking your mail :)

Edited by TashaK

Hey we got notification from UPS on October 7th that our package was delivered. We only got our NOA1 in the mail yesterday. So hang in there! Did you send a check or a money order with the package? We sent a check, so fiance was able to go on his bank account online and see if the check had been cashed or not. We found out it was cashed before we got our NOA1 in the mail. If you can do that, at least you'll know the process has been started.

Good luck with your journey! :thumbs:

June 7, 2010 - Will asked me to marry him, and I said YES!!
October 4, 2010 - Will sent away the I-129F Petition
October 12, 2010 - NOA1 received!
October 15, 2010 - First "touch"
October 18, 2010 - Second "touch"
March 7, 2011 - NOA2!!!
March 18, 2011 - NVC forwarded our case to the Montreal Consulate....NOT where we wanted it to go!
March 25, 2011 - Email from Montreal saying that our case would be forwarded to Vancouver - only took one night for a reply from them smile.png
April 5, 2011 - Vancouver has our package!
April 6, 2011 - Received Packet 3 via email - now just waiting on my police certificate.
April 13, 2011 - faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver
April 14, 2011 - received Packet 4 via email
May 4, 2011 - Medical appointment
May 5, 2011 - Interview!! APPROVED smile.png

June 16, 2011 - POE at Blaine Peace Arch Crossing
June 28, 2011 - Got married by Elvis in Vegas!
Aug 8, 2011 - Received SSN in the mail.

Aug 31, 2011 - Sent off AOS Package
Sept 7, 2011 - Package received by USCIS
Sept 9, 2011 - Notice of Action email for AOS, EAD, and AP.
Sept 16, 2011 - Received my Biometrics Appt. letter for the 30th.
Sept 22, 2011 - RFE sad.png
Sept 30, 2011 - Biometrics Appt.
Oct 26, 2011 - Received interview letter for Dec 1st
Nov 4, 2011 - EAD/AP approved
Nov 12, 2011 - Received combo card in the mail
Dec 1, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED smile.png
Dec 9, 2011 - Greencard arrived in the mail!

Oct 18, 2013 - I-751 Package signed for at CA Service Center

Mar 5, 2014 - Approved! Awaiting greencard in the mail

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

my fiance sent ours june 17th,we didnt get a NOA til july 27th,it was messed up by the post office.

you have to keep in mind USCIS isnt the only one involved in the whole process,dont worry youll get there

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We also sent ours in on Friday Oct 1. We got the email notification on Tuesday Oct 5. We got the postal letter on Thurs Oct 14. Also keep in mind that Monday Oct 4 was a Holiday. I`m sure that slowed the mail down a day. I`m guessing you will get yours Monday or Tuesday. Did you send your K-1 overnight mail or just regular mail ? I sent ours Priority mail which guarantees delivery in 2-3 days. I sent it to the regular mailing address and not the Express mail address.

event.png

Timeline

Did you send in the G-1145 form? If not, you won't get any notification until you get the NOA1 in the mail. Mine took about a week I think to get the hard copy after I got the email/text, but it could take longer! Give it another few days, but make sure to keep checking your mail :)

Yup, we did send the G-1145 form in :( Well i'm just holding thumbs and hoping today or tomorrow is our day...

Dustin USA (Petitioner)
Kirsty SA (Beneficiary)

K-1 Journey

P.O.E

AOS Journey

ROC Journey

Timeline

We also sent ours in on Friday Oct 1. We got the email notification on Tuesday Oct 5. We got the postal letter on Thurs Oct 14. Also keep in mind that Monday Oct 4 was a Holiday. I`m sure that slowed the mail down a day. I`m guessing you will get yours Monday or Tuesday. Did you send your K-1 overnight mail or just regular mail ? I sent ours Priority mail which guarantees delivery in 2-3 days. I sent it to the regular mailing address and not the Express mail address.

My Fiance sent it Priority mail too, it was delivered there 6th October, and he sent it to the regular mailing address too. Okay this makes me feel better to know that someone sent it on the same day AND the same mailing address - good to know we didn't send it off to some "strange" place instead in error :)

Thank you everyone for your responses and encouragement :) Really appreciated :)

Dustin USA (Petitioner)
Kirsty SA (Beneficiary)

K-1 Journey

P.O.E

AOS Journey

ROC Journey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

We sent our package from Ireland so i'm guessing we'll be waiting a while for the NOA2 to arrive here.. I doubt they'll be sending it by priority mail :) Just waiting for the email so we can track everything!! Good luck to everyone

October 8th- Sent off K-1 visa package

October 21st- Received email saying we have been assigned to CSC

October 28th- Waiting on NOA1

October 29th- NOA1 received!!!

March 16th 2011- Received email saying petition for fiance has been approved and that NOA2 is in the mail!

April 12th 2011- Waiting on lettter with interview date from Dublin Embassy. Medical scheduled for 26th April

Timeline

An update from me.

I finally got my Fiance to call the USCIS today (calling the USCIS is NOT useless - we were very lucky he did call today). When he called to find out why the NOA1 was taking so long the person told him they were going to send it back to him because the application was missing a form (G-325a form - biographical form), when they checked it was there (they saw a "tab" on the one so thought there was only one copy instead of 4!!), and so said that they would process it today!! :( I'm so upset - that is two weeks of wasted time! So we now hope to get the NOA1 notification today or tomorrow!! Holding thumbs its today! WOW i'm super upset but I guess i should be happy that things will get moving now...

Good luck to everyone!! :)

Dustin USA (Petitioner)
Kirsty SA (Beneficiary)

K-1 Journey

P.O.E

AOS Journey

ROC Journey

Timeline

We sent our package from Ireland so i'm guessing we'll be waiting a while for the NOA2 to arrive here.. I doubt they'll be sending it by priority mail :) Just waiting for the email so we can track everything!! Good luck to everyone

How long did it take for you to get your NOA1? As you can see from my update ours nearly got sent back!! Not a great start for us, but hey! Lets hope we get the NOA1 today or tomorrow at the latest! :)

Good Luck to you :thumbs:

Dustin USA (Petitioner)
Kirsty SA (Beneficiary)

K-1 Journey

P.O.E

AOS Journey

ROC Journey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

An update from me.

I finally got my Fiance to call the USCIS today (calling the USCIS is NOT useless - we were very lucky he did call today). When he called to find out why the NOA1 was taking so long the person told him they were going to send it back to him because the application was missing a form (G-325a form - biographical form), when they checked it was there (they saw a "tab" on the one so thought there was only one copy instead of 4!!), and so said that they would process it today!! :( I'm so upset - that is two weeks of wasted time! So we now hope to get the NOA1 notification today or tomorrow!! Holding thumbs its today! WOW i'm super upset but I guess i should be happy that things will get moving now...

Good luck to everyone!! :)

Hi, I understand that you are upset but at this point there isn`t much you can do about it. Believe me in in a short period of time you will forget about this issue. The entire process is a long and detailed. You are going to have to learn to expect possible delays, errors, ect. This may end up being the only slow down in your entire process. Just feel happy that it`s the USA govt handling this for you In many many other countries this process may take even longer. The USCIS isn`t perfect but I think it`s safe to say they are efficient the majority of the time. Time seems to go by much slower when you are waiting for something like this so patience is a must. In a way it`s getting you ready for marriage which is also about patience,understanding and trial and error.

event.png

Timeline

Hi, I understand that you are upset but at this point there isn`t much you can do about it. Believe me in in a short period of time you will forget about this issue. The entire process is a long and detailed. You are going to have to learn to expect possible delays, errors, ect. This may end up being the only slow down in your entire process. Just feel happy that it`s the USA govt handling this for you In many many other countries this process may take even longer. The USCIS isn`t perfect but I think it`s safe to say they are efficient the majority of the time. Time seems to go by much slower when you are waiting for something like this so patience is a must. In a way it`s getting you ready for marriage which is also about patience,understanding and trial and error.

Yes i agree with you. I am happy though that the process is going to start now. Just had to voice that i was upset to get it off my shoulders... :star:

Dustin USA (Petitioner)
Kirsty SA (Beneficiary)

K-1 Journey

P.O.E

AOS Journey

ROC Journey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Yay Kirsty!!! First your sig is working then you guys get info on your case! This is a great day for you!!! :dance: :dance: :lol:

tumblr_l2zffoq44C1qc5x0yo1_400.jpg

My honey is NIGERIAN and I'm AMERICAN

K1 Journey

07/27/10 Mailed Petition

07/28/10 Petition received at VSC then forwarded to Lewisville, TX (received there 7/29/10)

08/02/10 NOA1 Notice date

08/06/10 Touched

08/07/10 Received NOA1 in mail

08/10/10 Touched

10/03/10 Touched

01/31/11 I-129F Petition APPROVED!!!

02/03/11 Received hard copy of NOA2 (although the envelope is stamped Feb 2...so only one day to get to me :) )

02/07/11 Arrived at NVC

02/07/11 MADE APPOINTMENTS FOR MEDICAL AND INTERVIEW. (Will post actual dates after they occur :) )

02/08/11 Left NVC

02/17/11 Medical

03/01/11 Interview (FH is in AP)

04/12/11 AP COMPLETED!!

04/13/11 FH notified to come to the embassy with his passport!

04/26/11 FH received Visa

04/29/11 FH Arrived in the US!!! JFK POE

06/08/11 MARRIED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.