sofunny

221 g

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

hello everyone,

i was interviewed on the 14th this month, and the lady who interviewed said it went very good. i asked her if i am going to egt ym visa today, she said no but there is a procedures might take a month. i got the letter which says i was not elegible to get a visa and there is some additional procedures will take a 5 months average. i emailed the embassy the same day and i asked them why i was refused, and why they charged me 210.00$ as a visa issuance fees, they replied saying i was not denied, but there is a procedures etc etc etc (same as the letter).

my question here, am i going to get a visa or are they just trying to deal with me and slowly telling me i will not get a visa? and would such cases take so long or does it depend?

please someone let me know every single detail, coz me and my fiance are already having a bad time and she is giving up :(

note: my case is K-1

Im sorry to hear about this. I never heard this kind of case before. It might be just an administrative procedure. I hope you'll not wait that long. Have hope and never give up. Godbless! :innocent:

"The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it."

06/20/2009 - Met online ( I am from Philippines and he's from Wisconsin)

04/26/2010 - Met in Philippines (for 2 weeks)

05/08/2010 - Officially engaged!! ( He sent the engagement ring 09/24/2010 and he proposed to me on bended knee in Philippines with the second part of engagement ring) *melting*

06/18/2010 - I-129F package Sent

06/21/2010 - NOA1

06/24/2010 - Touched

09/23/2010 - Touched (when I contacted the Congressman's office)

11/15/2010 - Touched (hopefully the approval)

11/17/2010 - NOA2 (Received hard copy 11/22/2010)

12/01/2010 - Received a letter from DOS dated 11/29/2010 stating that the petition will be forwared to USE AD within a week and that I will received the packets very soon from embassy.

01/18/2011 - Interview. APPROVED!!! No words can express how happy i am.

01/25/2011 - VISA in hand! YAY!!!

02/20/2011 - POE Chicago (O'hare)

05/14/2011 - Our Wedding day

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

here is the letter i got from them after the interview

if you were denied they would flat out tell you that you have been denied,they wouldnt consider you or your petitioners feeling as its not their problem.

AP is common in middle east,specially among arab beneficiaries SPECIALLY among males.

HOWEVER it doesnt mean you have been denied,they are just digging a bit deeper,if your fiance is giving up,that mean she is not cut for the rest of the process as adjustment of status and the rest of the process is not as speedy or clear as this part.

all you have to do now is wait,and submit your passport when approved,thats all.

Timeline

weird, a friend of mine got his visa exactly 6 months later, but as for me i got kicked far, and what does AP means? and IF you have any idea, does such cases take so long??

it means exactly what they said they are doing in your letter,administrative processing.

it means they are double checking you or your petitioner,most likely you.

you can search in this forum http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/113-waivers-i-601-and-i-212-and-administrative-processes-221g/

there is a lot more information there.

just know that its more usual than you think to get 211 G and AP

Edited by ygr

Timeline

they had all their precious time to double check a hundered time, why would they just make people suffer??????????

because as much as you love your fiance and as much as they would like to believe that a LOT of people have abused this type of visa in order to get citizenship,all the middle eastern countries ( iran included ) are considered " high fraud and high terrorism account " countries,so it would only make sense.

they are usually harder on men tho

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

First welcome to being a male from a "T" country in the aftermath of 9/11. Administrative processing is required for you and any other male from a "T" country who is between certain ages. They have to wait until after the interview because they need your fingerprints and all sorts of information from you.

I wish I had good news for you but I don't believe in giving false hope, so, it can take anywhere from one week to years. Hopefully it will go fast.

The good news is YOU HAVE NOT BEEN DENIED THE VISA, unless of course something really bad comes up in the background checks.

Hang in there and I will pray for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

well, i have a good news for my self, but i dont know if should take in consideration or not, but the officer who interviewed me, told me at the end of the interview that this procedure will take a month or so, so ima just find my self so happy to believe what she says.

is the check usually on the beneficiary him self, or does it also include his family??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

well, i have a good news for my self, but i dont know if should take in consideration or not, but the officer who interviewed me, told me at the end of the interview that this procedure will take a month or so, so ima just find my self so happy to believe what she says.

is the check usually on the beneficiary him self, or does it also include his family??

Did they ask you any questions about your fiance at the interview? Thought I saw somewhere else that she went back to the States to take care of stuff on the I864.

Not to throw a curveball your way unneccessarily but thought that DCF was for when both of you were outside the country, if she is back in the states that could skew the process... possibly?

And like everyone else said AP is fairly common for your country.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Heya....I'm Egyptian...a lot of Egyptians have had the same process...it might take you 2 to 3 months ...no worries...they just want to test you...tell your wife that...they are just pushing on your nerves to see what you guys gotta do..you will get your visa inshallah :).

Sam

Beautiful patience.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.