68 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Silvana, please make sure you include a cover letter and that would "organise" pretty much everything and also make sure you treat each application separately (I-485, I-765..etc).

Edited by juliava

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

ok...so looking at some other posts for a sample cover letter , i find some other things that i maybe should be doing. Like:

Form G-325A, Biographic Information Sheet, with supplemental attachments??? what supplemental attachments are they talking about? :blink: i looked at the gov website to check it out-but they DON'T say anything about that.

tx again guys!

Silvana, please make sure you include a cover letter and that would "organise" pretty much everything and also make sure you treat each application separately (I-485, I-765..etc).

what do you mean separately?

Silvana, I think juliava means look at each application separately and make sure each requirement for each is met... ie break it out into smaller steps.

Just take a step back and answer every question. Each case is different. Someone from a latin american country might have to do a supplement for G-325A because their address doesn't fit in the box. If you don't have the need for any supplements, don't worry.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Sooo...today we went to do my medical exam(I-693) as per my appointment at 7:30am, only to find out there was nobody there :unsure:

Anyway, they called us later and appologized, they made a mistake(and in all fairness who doesn't?)so we are going back in the afternoon, so they should be there :lol:

Other than that, I have another question, so we are all done with the forms, but on the G325A, my hubby doesn't know the year his mom or dad were born, and as he is not in contact with them anymore(AT ALL)is it OK if we put just the month and the day, and leave the year blank?

We are planing to send off the package by early next week. I will keep you posted on how did it go.

thanks again guys!!!

Timeline

Silvana, each application (I-765, I-130, I-485, I-131...) has a list of required documentation and they are adjudicated separately. Make sure you include everything accordingly, even though you might get the impression that you have to include one document twice. Per example if 2 different applications require a copy of your passport, you have to include it twice for each one of them. When USCIS looks at your I-765 application, and let's just say the copy of your passport is not there, they will not look for it anywhere else in your package, they will not look at I-485 per example to find that document. They would send an RFE.

After your first visit at your civil surgeon you will have to go back. If everything goes well and quick, you will be given a TB test shot today and the results are visible only 2-3 days later. The medical is done only after you finish with that. I don't know what else they would ask you to provide, seems like each civil sugeon operates slightly differently. But be prepared to spend around $200.

In regards to your in law's birthdays, I would enter an approximate year. Maybe your husband knows how old was his mom when he was born?that's an easy eay to figure out the parent's age....I'm just saying...

Good luck today!

Edited by juliava

My N-400 Journey

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

My ROC Journey

My AOS Journey

04-19-10 AOS Approved

Timeline

Thanks Juliava,

Tx for the info, I actually got my tuberculosis shot today, all my vaccinations(since it would have been dificult to get them faxed from romania and translate them and bla bla...too much trouble so i just decided to do them again)plus the blood test-THAT'S IT!(is that really it???I was expecting a full blown medical)so she said to go back on friday to pay and pick up the I693 package... It cost me $240(cheapest one in Richmond, Virginia)

About the application...the way i did it is I opened up every instruction page for all the forms I know I need to submit, each form requires diferent informations(like copies etc, so you are so right Juliava). So i just followed the instruction page, and if there was something i did not know or understood I asked you guys.

Every case is diffent, and i almost made the mistake of following someone else's footsteps just because I thought they are in the same exact situation that i am in, then i got soooo confused when they were mentioning things that i never heard of, then i almost freaked out. Soooo.... i recomend other people to ask questions, and read the instructions from the uscis.gov, and IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW BUT YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT SOMETHING JUST ASK, BECAUSE YOU MIGHT THINK IT'S A DUMB QUESTION, BUT IT COULD END UP BEEING A KEY QUESTION...you never know!

I organized every form with the required documentation that goes along, should i paper clip, or should I put it in a diffenet envelope, and put the cover letter on the front of the envelope, then do that with every form, then gather all and put them in the big envelope...??

Also the wonderfull hubby, sais his mom lied about her age all the time(and the worst part is that now they don't talk-AT ALL so there is no chance to find out)so should we guestimate? is there like a website that tells you info about a person??

Thanks again Juliava,

Timeline

You should paper clip all your stuff.

I am not sure how to handle the age issue, maybe there is somebody else in the family that you can ask?If not - I would estimate it.

I am glad the medical went well!Looking to hear that you sent everything! :star:

My N-400 Journey

My ROC Journey

My AOS Journey

04-19-10 AOS Approved

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

Silvana,

can you make a check list of what you have so far? just to make sure you have everything... that also just helps others like me to make sure we have all needed, or for others tell you if you are missing anything. make a list of anything you are sending... if you haven't sent yet..

Timeline

oki doke, so here is what i have so far, this is my step by step filling for AOS. Please let me know if i missed anything.

I-130 petition for alien relative(completed by hubby) Includes:

1. A cover letter explaining what we are petitioning for(1-130), also a list of everything that can be found in the package.

2. Personal check or money order in the amount of $355

3. Certified copy of marriage certificate

4. Copy of full birth certificate(fron and back)

5. G-325A signed and dated by hubby

6. G-325A signed and dated by me

7. One passport photo of hubby

8. One passport photo of me( on the back we put our names using a pencil)

9. Evidence of bona fide:

a. copy of joint bank account

b.copy of lease showing both of our names

c.copy of both life insurance with my name as beneficiary

d.copy of health insurance with both our names

*and we also have tons of photos from all around the world, but we will bring those to the interview.

I-485 My application to adjust status(completed by me)

1. Cover letter explaining what are we petitioning for(I-485) also a list of everything that can be found in the package

2. Money order or personal check in the amount of $1,010

3. Notarized and certified translation of my birth certificate

4. Copy of the biografical page from my passport as well as a copy showing my visa(B2)

5. G-325A signed and dated by me

6. 2 passport photos(where i put my name in the back)

7. I-693(medical exam, the dr. will give me on friday a sealed envelope with the completed formI-693 inside)

8. I-131 Aplication for advance parole(completed by me)

a. 2 passport photos

b. copy of the biographical page from my passport(showing name, photo, and date of birth)

c. I-94 front and back, they say not to add it if your petition fals under ©(9), but i think i will attach it anyway.

9. I-765(EAD-authorization to accept employment, completed by me)

a. copy of my I-94

b. copy of biographical page from passport

c. birth certificate(translated, notarized and certified)

d. copy of my B2 visa

e. 2 passport photos

10. I-864 affidavit of support(completed by hubby)

a. employment letter rom current employeer.

b.IRS tax transcripts or tax returns(with W2's and 1099's and scehdules) for last 3 years

Everything goes in an envelope and send to chicago lockbox.

Sooo..if i missed anything or i added something that i was suposed to, please let me know.

Thank you again guys.

P.S. Juliava I found a way to check the year in-laws were born, there is a website called public records, where they have that info, so we got it!!!

Looks perfect! You don't need certified copy of marriage certificate, only copy... but hey, if you HAVE the extra certified copy, might as well send it in! :)

Get those papers sent off! :)

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

Ok so i just talked to my hubby because i wanted to make sure that i wrotte on the forum the correct information, and he said that he thought on his I864 he needs to send in only the W2's for the last 3 years, and an employment letter, he said he doesnt know what a irs tax transcrpt is :help:

What should we attach with his I-864?? what is the easiest way to do this, also his income is more than enough to support both of us, so that's not an issue, not sure if this helps...

thanks!!

You can attach EITHER a copy of his tax return along WITH the W2s, OR tax transcripts, which are something you order from the IRS which include W2 information. If you did not specially order your tax transcripts, then you don't have that, you have copies of the tax return. In that case, also include copies of the W2. And employment letter is required in both cases.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

Ok that's good, i just asked him and he sais he has his last year's tax return and the W2's. so the most recent tax return, along with his last year W2? or does it have to be last 3 years?

But now we just thoght of something even more important... that we need help with. Last year was the year when we took a break from ships, so we didn't work much, so i think my hubby's income last year was only $6,000. Now he makes around $70,000 a year. Do we need a co-sponsor??? he makes more than enough money to suport me.

help please!!

You can choose EITHER last 3 years or just last year. I would think that if last year he took a break from working it might be in his best interest to show that the two years prior to that, he WAS working and was fine with the income requirement. I have heard other people say that they rely mainly on current year income to make their judgement, but it comes down to you to make the case for yourself about your finances.

I think if they decide you DO need a co-sponsor they will send an RFE, not flat-out deny. I really don't think that is required in your case but I don't adjudicate these things myself so I don't really know for sure.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.