68 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

You can attach EITHER a copy of his tax return along WITH the W2s, OR tax transcripts, which are something you order from the IRS which include W2 information. If you did not specially order your tax transcripts, then you don't have that, you have copies of the tax return. In that case, also include copies of the W2. And employment letter is required in both cases.

I concur with Harpa.

Also, the certified translations of your birth certificate didn't have to be notarized, but what's done is done, it won't hurt the application.

Funny how you found out the birthdays!

Good luck with your filing! :star::star:

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Could we get an infopass and go to our uscis local office and talk to them? or i think they also have a phone number that we could call. I found one on the instruction page on I-864. Maybe we should do that?

Timeline

I concur with Harpa.

Also, the certified translations of your birth certificate didn't have to be notarized, but what's done is done, it won't hurt the application.

Funny how you found out the birthdays!

Good luck with your filing! :star::star:

Thank you!

I saw your original uscis local office was virginia. Is it true that there is only one in norfolk?

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

oki doke, so here is what i have so far, this is my step by step filling for AOS. Please let me know if i missed anything.

I-130 petition for alien relative(completed by hubby) Includes:

1. A cover letter explaining what we are petitioning for(1-130), also a list of everything that can be found in the package.

2. Personal check or money order in the amount of $355

3. Certified copy of marriage certificate

4. Copy of full birth certificate(fron and back)

5. G-325A signed and dated by hubby

6. G-325A signed and dated by me

7. One passport photo of hubby

8. One passport photo of me( on the back we put our names using a pencil)

9. Evidence of bona fide:

a. copy of joint bank account

b.copy of lease showing both of our names

c.copy of both life insurance with my name as beneficiary

d.copy of health insurance with both our names

*and we also have tons of photos from all around the world, but we will bring those to the interview.

I-485 My application to adjust status(completed by me)

1. Cover letter explaining what are we petitioning for(I-485) also a list of everything that can be found in the package

2. Money order or personal check in the amount of $1,010

3. Notarized and certified translation of my birth certificate

4. Copy of the biografical page from my passport as well as a copy showing my visa(B2)

5. G-325A signed and dated by me

6. 2 passport photos(where i put my name in the back)

7. I-693(medical exam, the dr. will give me on friday a sealed envelope with the completed formI-693 inside)

8. I-131 Aplication for advance parole(completed by me)

a. 2 passport photos

b. copy of the biographical page from my passport(showing name, photo, and date of birth)

c. I-94 front and back, they say not to add it if your petition fals under ©(9), but i think i will attach it anyway.

9. I-765(EAD-authorization to accept employment, completed by me)

a. copy of my I-94

b. copy of biographical page from passport

c. birth certificate(translated, notarized and certified)

d. copy of my B2 visa

e. 2 passport photos

10. I-864 affidavit of support(completed by hubby)

a. employment letter rom current employeer.

b.IRS tax transcripts or tax returns(with W2's and 1099's and scehdules) for last 3 years

Everything goes in an envelope and send to chicago lockbox.

Sooo..if i missed anything or i added something that i was suposed to, please let me know.

Thank you again guys.

P.S. Juliava I found a way to check the year in-laws were born, there is a website called public records, where they have that info, so we got it!!!

hey,

looks great to me - just few things I suggest - send few of your wedding photos anyway, as part of evidence of bona fide - it's better if they have some now too. Another thing I wondered - did you guys check if your husband meets (or exceeds) the poverty guideline? you probably did, but I thought I'd ask you anyway.

And the last thing - it's not necessary but you might want it too - filing E-notification Form G-1145 - that'll probably help you keep track of the process better - it goes with I-130 form.

all right, good luck.

Timeline

Ok that's good, i just asked him and he sais he has his last year's tax return and the W2's. so the most recent tax return, along with his last year W2? or does it have to be last 3 years?

But now we just thoght of something even more important... that we need help with. Last year was the year when we took a break from ships, so we didn't work much, so i think my hubby's income last year was only $6,000. Now he makes around $70,000 a year. Do we need a co-sponsor??? he makes more than enough money to suport me.

help please!!

I think it doesn't have to be 3 years but they suggest to send it if you believe it's going to help. here is the info:

All sponsors must submit the following documentation with their I-864:

* Proof of current employment or self employment

* A photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax return for your most recent tax year, or an explanation if it is not submitted. Your W-2s and/or 1099 forms may also be required, see the I-864 instructions for details.

You may also, at your option, submit a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax returns for your second and third most recent tax years if you believe these additional tax returns may help you establish the ability to maintain your household income at the governing threshold set forth in Form I-864P, Poverty Guidelines.

so, I don't know but I think he's making enough for both of you guys, and if it was only one year out of three years when he didn't make much - i think it'll show that in general he's making enough to maintain the household income. it's much more of responsibility for the co-sponsor (at least 10 years) and I don't know if you'd be able to find a co-sponsor this soon, or you just take your time and find co-sponsor, which I personally think is not necessary - you decide.

good luck

Timeline

or really, try to call them and talk to them. if you still have questions, try www.justanswer.com - there are some really good lawyers that can answer your questions, you can pay them something btwn $15-$25, but they don't make you pay, but that's not too bad price to pay if they satisfy your answer - you can also ask follow up questions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Thank you!

I saw your original uscis local office was virginia. Is it true that there is only one in norfolk?

I lived in Northern VA/Washington DC area and the Fairfax office was the only one in the area so I assume there must be only one in Norfolk. Don't worry, any appointment letter you receive (biometrics, interview) will have the address where you are supposed to show up to.

I saw that you have some questions about your spouse income/tax returns. I wish I could help, but I don't know the answer! :unsure:

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

Timeline

I wanted to look at the poverty guidelines since last year we took a break and didn't really work(it was something we have done by choice), but i think it would be silly to qualify as he is making 70k a year(obviously that's not anything near beeing poor). It should count what he is making now, cause with the money that he is making now he is able to sponsor me, and not with what he made last year.

Also, if he sends his last 3 year tax returns, he will not have his W2 because we work on international waters, and he claimed he is self employed(long story short). so if we do that, we open the door to other things to do.

I think we are just going to send in the last year tax return with the W2, and if they want more then we will take it from there.

Tx guys, I will let you know how it goes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.