candn

CSC Just Reported Processing Times for October

91 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

And ygr, I'm not saying the process is perfect but this is how it is and you made the choice to immigrate to the USA, like it or not. If you want something changed, posting on VJ is not going to do anything.

i know,and im not gonna give up easy,im gonna keep on voicing my opinion on and off VJ and try to change a thing,of course after moving it will be easier,but i can promise you,my part as the beneficiary is not done,and wont be done even if i get my citizenship.

this thing like i have mentioned billion times,is a cycle,it happens,and it passes and people forget.i wont.i can assure you that

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

umm yes?

im glad youre happy with the way your process is going on,im glad the distance and uselessness of CSC doesnt bother you,but dont expect the same from every other petitioner.the CSC employees are obviously highly trained professionals,if they work the way every petitioner expects them to work it wouldnt take more than 15 mins for them to approve or deny a case,as i-129F package is a really black or white package.

PS: 1.5 million packages didnt become 1.5 million over night

I can kinda see your point YGR because with all the detail they asked for when we submitted the petition, you would think they could weed out the good and bad in no time. I'm sure its not simple to go through so many pages of information, but a preliminary check to make sure everything is there, should take no time. Hence, the background check can begin. If there are things missing, then put those to the side and make them wait. They sure waste no time cashing the checks to pay those wages...that surely was not privy to a 5 month wait time. :D

P.S. No vote yet.. but give us more of your platform. :star:

Edited by misteem

[08-06-10] - Mailed petition to California Service Center

[08-09-10] - Packet received and signed for at service center

[08-16-10] - Check cashed in Lewisville, Texas

[08-19-10] - Received NOA1 by mail (notice date August 13th)

[01-05-11] - Received email notification of NOA2 approval

[01-10-11] - NOA2 Hardcopy received - (Approval date January 4th)

[01-10-11} - NVC Case# Received

[01-13-11] - Case left NVC for the Embassy

[02-08-11] - Scanned and emailed DS-230 to Embassy; no Packet 3 received

[02-16-11] - Packet 4 mailed to fiance'

[03-18-11] - Interview date

[03-18-11] - Case Pending AP

[05-04-11] - Petition expired (no extension granted by embassy in JA)

[05-17-11] - Petition returned to USCIS

[08-01-11] - 2nd I-129 petition filed

[08-10-11] - NOA1 notice received

[01-17-12] - RFE (IMBRA limitations on #of petitions)

[01-19-12] - Sent request for IMBRA -I-129F waiver

[01-31-12] - NOA2 approved

[02-27-12] - Packet 3 Received (DS-230 Scanned and emailed)

[03-05-12] - Packet 4 Received w/interview date

[03-23-12] - Interview in JA - Approved!!! [/font]

Timeline

P.S. No vote yet.. but give us more of your platform. :star:

im just happy we are half way through with the whole process,and that we found VJ.the amount of discouragement,legal discouragement a typical petitioner goes through is just insane.

if we were to do as we were told by the legal channels,we wouldnt be here,personally,i can be honest. i started off scratch knowing nothing and while the resources are out there,they are not specific.

so yeah if you vote for me,i promise i will focus on immigration :yes::lol:

it just came off as a surprise to me,that no one,not normal people,not the president,not even the congressmen ( unless you contact them of course ) are interested in immigration,legal effective correct immigration apart from arizona law.i expect more i suppose

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

PS: vote for me for presidency :yes:

LOL I would but I think you have to be born in the USA to qualify. :)

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Timeline

oh pfff,that sucks,well i think bee would qualify

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You do! Don`t you remember hearing all the controversy over Obama`s birth certificate? You definitly have to be born in the US to run for presidency.

May 25th, 2010 : Filed I-129F at CSC

June 1st, 2010 : NoA1

June 7th, 2010 : Touch

October 19th, 2010: Touch

October 20th, 2010: NoA2! (141 days)

November 8th, 2010: Received Packet 3 from Montreal

November 10th, 2010: Sent Packet 3 back to Montreal

November 25th: Received Packet 4 & Scheduled interview!

March 8th, 2011: Interview in Montreal - Approved!

April 30th, 2011: Move to CA

May 6th, 2011: Married <3

May 31st, 2011: Filed AOS

June 6th, 2011: NoA1

June 13th, 2011: Received Notice for Biometrics

July 7th, 2011: Biometrics

August 22, 2011: AOS Interview - Approved!

August 29th, 2011: Greencard in hand!

February will be five months for me. That's when I'm planning on getting it. If it goes over, then I'll start getting worried! And if it's sooner, I'll be really really happy. My sister is into month 9 of her CR1 petition and they haven't even given her an NOA1 yet. They just keep saying they need more information, but won't tell them what it is. Now THAT sucks. I think we're all pretty lucky to be within the estimated processing time :)

But ygr, I hope you don't have any issues with your interview. I'm assuming you and your SO have a legit relationship, so I'm sure it'll all work out! :thumbs:

June 7, 2010 - Will asked me to marry him, and I said YES!!
October 4, 2010 - Will sent away the I-129F Petition
October 12, 2010 - NOA1 received!
October 15, 2010 - First "touch"
October 18, 2010 - Second "touch"
March 7, 2011 - NOA2!!!
March 18, 2011 - NVC forwarded our case to the Montreal Consulate....NOT where we wanted it to go!
March 25, 2011 - Email from Montreal saying that our case would be forwarded to Vancouver - only took one night for a reply from them smile.png
April 5, 2011 - Vancouver has our package!
April 6, 2011 - Received Packet 3 via email - now just waiting on my police certificate.
April 13, 2011 - faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver
April 14, 2011 - received Packet 4 via email
May 4, 2011 - Medical appointment
May 5, 2011 - Interview!! APPROVED smile.png

June 16, 2011 - POE at Blaine Peace Arch Crossing
June 28, 2011 - Got married by Elvis in Vegas!
Aug 8, 2011 - Received SSN in the mail.

Aug 31, 2011 - Sent off AOS Package
Sept 7, 2011 - Package received by USCIS
Sept 9, 2011 - Notice of Action email for AOS, EAD, and AP.
Sept 16, 2011 - Received my Biometrics Appt. letter for the 30th.
Sept 22, 2011 - RFE sad.png
Sept 30, 2011 - Biometrics Appt.
Oct 26, 2011 - Received interview letter for Dec 1st
Nov 4, 2011 - EAD/AP approved
Nov 12, 2011 - Received combo card in the mail
Dec 1, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED smile.png
Dec 9, 2011 - Greencard arrived in the mail!

Oct 18, 2013 - I-751 Package signed for at CA Service Center

Mar 5, 2014 - Approved! Awaiting greencard in the mail

Timeline

February will be five months for me. That's when I'm planning on getting it. If it goes over, then I'll start getting worried! And if it's sooner, I'll be really really happy. My sister is into month 9 of her CR1 petition and they haven't even given her an NOA1 yet. They just keep saying they need more information, but won't tell them what it is. Now THAT sucks. I think we're all pretty lucky to be within the estimated processing time :)

But ygr, I hope you don't have any issues with your interview. I'm assuming you and your SO have a legit relationship, so I'm sure it'll all work out! :thumbs:

That's kinda cool your sister is immigrating, too. Weird coincidence. Is she moving anywhere near you? It will be nice for you to have some family there with you. :)

That's kinda cool your sister is immigrating, too. Weird coincidence. Is she moving anywhere near you? It will be nice for you to have some family there with you. :)

Haha yeah we both met the Americans :) Not super close....Colorado and California. But still only like a 12 hr drive...not too bad :)

I just hope she gets some news about it soon! She's been at it longer than me and I'm already ahead of her :(

March 7, 2011 - NOA2!!!
March 18, 2011 - NVC forwarded our case to the Montreal Consulate....NOT where we wanted it to go!
March 25, 2011 - Email from Montreal saying that our case would be forwarded to Vancouver - only took one night for a reply from them smile.png
April 6, 2011 - Received Packet 3 via email - now just waiting on my police certificate.

Timeline

thank you.you too,good luck

Timeline

Haha yeah we both met the Americans :) Not super close....Colorado and California. But still only like a 12 hr drive...not too bad :)

I just hope she gets some news about it soon! She's been at it longer than me and I'm already ahead of her :(

Dude...your sister needs to figure that out. 9 months waiting for the NOA1 and they won't tell her what they want? Or do you mean NOA2? Either way, there has to be something she can do. That doesn't make sense to me at all. :wacko:

Edited by JlovesA

Dude...your sister needs to figure that out. 9 months waiting for the NOA1 and they won't tell her what they want? Or do you mean NOA2? Either way, there has to be something she can do. That doesn't make sense to me at all. :wacko:

I know it's super ridiculous. She is waiting for her NOA1. They haven't cashed a check, they haven't been given a case number...nothing. Her husband constantly calls to try and find out what they can do, but all they say is that we'll be contacting you soon for more information.

They've gotten the Senator's office involved. Someone from her office has been making calls and trying to get to the bottom of it. She doesn't know what else to do. No one gives them any information. It's so sad because she's living apart from her husband and back in our family home. What she thought was going to only be a 9 month process is now taking way longer with no end in sight.

Anyways...I just hope she gets something soon to give her some hope that maybe SOMEDAY she'll be able to live with her husband again!

March 7, 2011 - NOA2!!!

Timeline

I know it's super ridiculous. She is waiting for her NOA1. They haven't cashed a check, they haven't been given a case number...nothing. Her husband constantly calls to try and find out what they can do, but all they say is that we'll be contacting you soon for more information.

They've gotten the Senator's office involved. Someone from her office has been making calls and trying to get to the bottom of it. She doesn't know what else to do. No one gives them any information. It's so sad because she's living apart from her husband and back in our family home. What she thought was going to only be a 9 month process is now taking way longer with no end in sight.

Anyways...I just hope she gets something soon to give her some hope that maybe SOMEDAY she'll be able to live with her husband again!

She should look into an expedite once USCIS gets its ####### together. They'll give expedites when they've made a mistake and to me, this sounds like USCIS is knee-deep in mistake. Please tell her to look into that if she hasn't yet. :)

She should look into an expedite once USCIS gets its ####### together. They'll give expedites when they've made a mistake and to me, this sounds like USCIS is knee-deep in mistake. Please tell her to look into that if she hasn't yet. :)

I will definitely let her know! The one thing that the Senator told her husband is that they have him as a resident of Canada in their system. He was on a work visa back in like, 2008? but it expired and he's been residing in the states for the past two years. And all the forms they sent in clearly state that he has been living and working in the US for those two years. So if they would just contact him, he could send them more information and they could actually get the ball rolling! But nope, for 9 months they have done nothing with it! :bonk:

ahh ok sorry, I'm done ranting now.

Thank you so much for that information, I will definitely pass it on to her!

March 7, 2011 - NOA2!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.