monyfer

October 2010 K1 Filers

614 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I posted this in the September VSC group too.

Ours was approved this morning. I was just about to call for a service request and got the text message.

Last night I went through all the cases listed on VJ for late August and September and culled the ones that I thought were probably not being used. There were several that had the last activity date the same as the day created so I tossed those. Others had not had activity in a few to several months. Things like that. It reduced the list for September by quite a bit. That means that the ones that are waiting probably have a bigger chance of approval that it first appears. So my conclusion last night was that we should all hear something soon.

I did not go through all the October cases but did do some through the first part of the month and there were some to be dropped there too. It was a time consuming task but I at least felt like I was doing something to get a better picture of what was happening.

What I did was bring up Igor's list, picked VSC, all cases, pasted it directly into Excel, sorted the data, went to September and started going through each case listed under imigration timelines - visa display options - view K1 visas. Each one when brought up shows date created and last activity date.

This is just my guess, but it seems logical. The smaller the actual pool, the better the chances of being picked. Of course extenuating circumstances could change the waiting time but it's not likely for all cases.

Tim and Ritchel

Tuscaloosa, AL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Tomorrow marks six months for us... 182 days with no answer. I realize that there are people here who had to wait more than six months, but there are also more than 30 couples already approved who filed after us. What really annoys me is the answer I got from every tier 2 officer I've spoken with when I ask why so many after us have been approved... "Every application is different." That's just a load of #######. The only difference between my application and the others is that mine has been gathering dust for six months. They REALLY need to change the system there. They should just date-stamp every application that comes in and put them in one big queue... Then they would all be processed in the order they arrived in. The USCIS website states that they "normally process the cases in the order in which they are received" but I suspect what actually happens is that every adjudicator there gets a huge pile of cases and if yours gets into the "slow" pile, or your adjudicator is out sick for a week, you're screwed. Honestly, I'm happy for everyone who's been approved already, but this is not a fair system.

I've had it and I'm going on the offensive now. I'll be contacting my congressman and senators tomorrow... And I'm planning to call the customer support number every day until they do something.

Good luck to all of us!

I-129F Sent: 2010-09-29

I-129F NOA1: 2010-10-05

I-129F NOA2: 2011-04-05

Interview: 2011-5-16 - Approved!

Received Visa: 2011-05-23

US Entry: 2011-06-03 (Newark)

thanks fantastic congrats!!!!!!!!

tnx u tyeger87! i didnt expect too it was sooo fast we just received our e-not last wednesday hehehe... God is good all the time... :blush::thumbs::innocent::dance:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: Timeline

update on us, we are still waiting for them to adjudicate our request for an embassy change. then i just received an email from Caleb at NVC asking me for a copy of Ali's passport because they cant figure out his birthday. its clearly listed on the petition and in his passport as 12/31/1986 and i even sent them a copy of the passport last week when i requested the embassy change.... i just hope they get this figured out and let us move on to the interview stage.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

@ Richie Rich

We were able to do do that at first too. They fool you on that one too,..every regular officer wont be able to put it in, cuz the system wont let them. So they choose the Option "OTHER" and write in it that standart bs and satisfy you that they did sth,...

you recieve a letter after 14 days sayin it is still pending..=(

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It is 168 days >>>>5 months, 17 days

Its about time i call to find out the status.

[size="3"][color="#4a4a4a"][font="Georgia"]Relationship Timeline
[/font][/color][/size][size="3"][color="#4a4a4a"][font="Georgia"]
12/15/98- Started dating

K-1 Visa Timeline
[/font][/color][/size] [size="3"][color="#4a4a4a"][font="Georgia"]
I-129F Sent- 10/13/2010[/font][/color][/size] [size="3"][color="#4a4a4a"][font="Georgia"]
NOA1 Letter- 10/21/2010

[/font][/color][/size][size="3"][color="#4a4a4a"][font="Georgia"]NOA2 Letter[/font][/color][/size][size="3"]- [/size][size="3"][font="Georgia"]04/09/2011---------------->[/font][/size][font="Georgia"][size="3"]it took 170 days from NOA1 to get NOA2----------------->>>>5 months, 19 days.

[/size][/font]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Well well... I called again today and I was told they are still working on September 11. It's been 21 days since my first call and they are still working on the same day. Tier two pointed out that..yes they can indeed be hung up on the same day even after a month due to high volume applications on that day and large backlogs at the center. I also was told from Tier 2 that it does in fact take 5 months from the time the file makes it on some person's desk for an adjudication and not 5 months from the date the case was received from the center so for now our applications are in limbo according to T2. I asked her how come this is the first time I hear this info as it does not say so on the website or I have not been told so by other phone drones when I called the other two times. Her response was " It may be due to misscommunications". Miss-communication my ####### !

This phone call led me to contact my senator after I patiently had convinced myself to not do so and let it take its toll and in due time it would come etc etc. They responded within half an hour. He is due for reelection in the upcoming months :devil: Let's see how this game plays out now. :help:

event.png

Timeline

got the info from VSC today, they are still working on September 2010 filers.....while CSC is moving forward to December. life is just frustrating at the moment - pretty hard to handle and a lot of problems due to the delay.

Timeline

The shutdown aint final yet. They havent made a decision if they do that.

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Timeline

This is so upsetting! I do not see any movement in Vermont again since April 5, 2011 according to Igor's list. Maybe Vermont already started its shutdown.

there will be no decision on a possible shutdown till friday - if you're talking about the government shutdown b/c of approving a spending bill. they were still working in VT yesterday, we called them. let's hope the congress strikes an agreement. I'm sick of waiting too but there is almost nothing we can do but waiting and be patient...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

It's 5 months and 22 days here or 173 days ! :(

The senator's office just asked me to fax them my 797. I just realized that October 15th was their notice date and the actual receipt date is October 12, which sets us at 5 months 26 days or 177 days. :wacko:

..and with a potential shut down on Friday this just went from bad to horribly worse.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am very upset. My K1 application has been pending for six months. My senator had been told we could request expedite at six months. When she followed up on that with USCIS she got this reponse:

The processing of your constituent’s petition has been delayed. All petitions or applications received by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of petitions or applications. We can give no definite indication of when they will be completed. We apologize for the delay. You may wish to check the status in sixty days.

I am crying my eyes out. FI has a clean history..so do I..what would cause this? How long will this take if anyone else has gone thru this can tell me your experience?

K-1 Visa Journey

October 1, 2010: I-129F sent

October 5, 2010: I-129F received

October 12, 2010: NOA1 e-mail received, routed to VSC

October 16, 2010: NOA1 hard copy received (dated October 7, 2010)

April 18, 2011: RFE e-mail

April 20, 2011: RFE hardcopy received

April 20, 2011: RFE response sent to VSC

May 2, 2011: E-mail confirming VSC has received RFE response

July 27, 2011: NOA2 e-mail received (9 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days (292 days) after NOA1

July 30, 2011: NOA2 hard copy

August 4, 2011: NVC received case

August 8, 2011: NVC forwarded case to US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

August 8, 2011: Consulate received case

August 25, 2011: Consulate mailed packet 3

September 3, 2011: Received Packet 3 in US

September 20, 2011: Interview! Not enough information in the system to make a decision

September 26, 2011: K1 visa approved and received via DHL

October 20, 2011: POE at Phoenix, Arizona

October 26, 2011: Married

AOS Journey

11-7-2011 - AOS package sent to lockbox in Chicago, IL

11-9-2011 - AOS package delivered and signed for

11-15-2011 - NOA1 e-mails received (NOA1 date November 10), routed to NBC

11-16-2011 - Check Cashed

11-21-2011 - Hard Copies & Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

11-29-2011 - Biometrics done via walk-in! (Originally scheduled for 12/14/11)

12-2-2011 - Case transferred to CSC

1-17-2012 - EAD/AP Card Production Ordered

1-25-2012 - EAD/AP card received in mail

3-7-2012 - RFE issued

3-19-2012 - RFE response received by CSC

4-4-2012 - Green Card Production!

4-10-12 - GC received in mail

January 3, 2014: ROC

Timeline

for those who are afraid of the (possible) shutdown here are some informations about how it might affect immigration issues:

http://www.cilawgroup.com/news/2011/04/07/government-shutdown-and-immigration-how-will-it-affect-me/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.