James+Ashley

I-134 Tax returns

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello chaps

Just a really quick one today...

A lot of people seem to post that Tax Returns are necessary evidence for the Affadavit.

It is my uderstanding that this is correct only for self employed sponsors.

Is this correct?!

Timeline

According to the instructions for I134, what you said is correct. However, in practice they want them from everyone.

Ah, so i take it they asked you? Are they difficult to get; i might have to risk not providing them. hmmm

In my personal case, we went to our interview with all the stuff they wanted per the I134 instructions (bank&employement letter) but I also brought my last 3 years of tax returns. They only cared about my last year (2009) return.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Ah, so i take it they asked you? Are they difficult to get; i might have to risk not providing them. hmmm

Why wouldn't you be able to get them? It's free and it takes about 2 weeks. You can check out this link: http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html

:star:

Timeline

My interview is October 18th in London.

I wonder if people have been passed without submitting a tax return.

I think it is pretty harsh - i have followed all instructions but ignored the Self Employed section as my fiancee is a high school teacher!

Any ideas?

It does say on the form instruction that they only require either the bank letter, your employer's letter or the LAST tax return...why some of you bring the whole lot or even the last 3 years tax returns?? Has anyone who only brought as per the instructions one of the 3 had problems?

Personally I will only bring with me the last tax return from my fiance and his co-sponsor. I won't let them mess around with me: it's written black & white on the USCIS form...the whole process is already stressful enough! :whistle:

French-AmericanFlag_medium.jpg

We met in June 2008
We got engaged on 08-06-2010!!!!!
08-30-2010:I-129F Sent
09-03-2010: I-129F NOA1
09-13-2010:Touched
10-03-2010:Touched!! !feels gooood :)
02-24-2011: RFE...grrrrrr
03-18-2011: NOA2 - it took them 6mths 2 wks and 2 days (or 196 days)!!!!
03-??-2011: NVC received
03-29-2011: Petition sent to London
04-05-2011: Embassy received petition
04-09-2011: Packet 3 received
04-11-2011: Packet 3 sent
04-13-2011: Medical
05-12-2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!
07-04-2011: POE
08-05-2011: We're married!
09-14-2011: AOS, EAD and AP forms sent
09-16-2011: Receipts for AOS, EAD and AP forms
11-17-2011: RFE...
12-08-2011: Send evidence back to USCIS...and now we wait
12-23-2011: EAD/AP card sent
12-29-2011: EAD/AP card received :)
12-29-2011: Case transferred to CSC
03-29-2012: AOS approved!
04-05-2012: Green card in hands

03-06-2014: Removal of conditions packet received at VSC...and now the wait starts again!

luh6s78.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Alternatively, if a transcript isn't good enough and you need an actual "copy" you can go to this link instead: http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html

I dunno which one is required. The "copy" is more official than the transcript and takes 60 days to get and costs $57

I think I read somewhere that the transcript was sufficient. I'm not 100% sure. But I do know that while the requirements technically don't say that you need it, you will.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

London specific (Embassy website) information regarding the Public Charge Provision (affidavit of support) >>> http://london.usembassy.gov/faffidavit.html

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

There is a simple solution to the problem.

Your US petitioner calls up the IRS toll free number, and has them fax a TAX TRANSCRIPT to her. The petitioner takes the fax over to the scanner, and emails them to you. You print them out from your email, and take them to the embassy with you.

Tax transcripts are free, and with fax are immediately available. They can be used independently of the rest of the return (no return or W-2's etc required) because they are a complete listing of all income/taxes etc, and as they are just computer print outs, there is no original vs. copy issue to worry about.

London expects these, so the two of you will want to make some efforts to get them in your hand before the interview to have things go more smoothly.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline

Your US petitioner calls up the IRS toll free number, and has them fax a TAX TRANSCRIPT to her. The petitioner takes the fax over to the scanner, and emails them to you. You print them out from your email, and take them to the embassy with you.

Tax transcripts are free, and with fax are immediately available. They can be used independently of the rest of the return (no return or W-2's etc required) because they are a complete listing of all income/taxes etc, and as they are just computer print outs, there is no original vs. copy issue to worry about.

London expects these, so the two of you will want to make some efforts to get them in your hand before the interview to have things go more smoothly.

Thanks Nik and Heather.

If it is really that easy then there is no reason this shouldn't happen.

Excited to be moving out to Phoenix too... hopefully!

Thanks Nik and Heather.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You can get tax transcripts for free from the IRS. So, why not provide them?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

You can get tax transcripts for free from the IRS. So, why not provide them?

I have a copy of the 2009 tax return submitted electronically via Turbo Tax in my possession now.

Will this suffice?

I have a copy of the 2009 tax return submitted electronically via Turbo Tax in my possession now.

Will this suffice?

Only sufficient if it is accompanied by a W-2. This does have an original/copy issue, but if a copy is the best you can do, it might be OK. Transcripts are best, as they show that the IRS has also accepted the return...Anyone can fill out the forms with whatever numbers they like, see.

Thanks Nik and Heather.

Looks like you're on track to be moving here during the best time of year - and then you can ease into the summer time! Nik didn't find it to be too unbearable, especially since everywhere you go has air conditioning. But, he DID eventually break down and buy a pair of shorts!! :o Next summer, maybe I'll get him into some sandles too.

Edited by Nik+Heather

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I got a question about getting the tax return from the IRS website. It says you can get a transcript for free, or get an actual copy for $57.

So my question is, will a transcript be enough to take to my K1 visa interview at the embassy? Or do we need to get an actual copy?

K1 timeline

07/01/2010: mailed I-129F

07/12/2010: NOA1

11/10/2010: NOA2

01/04/2011: Pack 3 sent

01/10/2011: Pack 4 received

01/13/2011: interview

01/22/2011: K1 visa in mail

03/29/2011: POE (Houston)

04/30/2011: wedding

AOS, EAD, AP timeline

05/02/2011: mailed I-485, I-765, I-131

05/09/2011: NOA1

05/30/2011: Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.