hopenfaith

Still waiting... when will it be over???

15 posts in this topic

Sick of waiting...

From my earlier posts spme of you already know my situation. Those of you who don't heres a quick recap:

Sent In I-130 for husband October 21, 2009

Date of appointment April 22, 2010

Appointment went well, but given 221g sheet for new Joint sponser

Sent in new joint sponser SEPTEMBER 8th 2010 ( 5 months of searching)

It has been over 3 weeks since we sent it in.. with only reply being : Case has been forwarded to officer for review. Once decision is made, will contact you."

Does it take the officer 3 weeks to make a decision? I know we are not on AP because it would have said so on the 221g. What should I do? I want to email them again but I dont want same answer!!! Arggg

HopenFaith

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sick of waiting...

From my earlier posts spme of you already know my situation. Those of you who don't heres a quick recap:

Sent In I-130 for husband October 21, 2009

Date of appointment April 22, 2010

Appointment went well, but given 221g sheet for new Joint sponser

Sent in new joint sponser SEPTEMBER 8th 2010 ( 5 months of searching)

It has been over 3 weeks since we sent it in.. with only reply being : Case has been forwarded to officer for review. Once decision is made, will contact you."

Does it take the officer 3 weeks to make a decision? I know we are not on AP because it would have said so on the 221g. What should I do? I want to email them again but I dont want same answer!!! Arggg

Did they asked for I864A? It looks like we have the same situation. We submitted the requested document last 09/21/10 and it also does not say we're on AP. USEM called my parents yesterday and they said that we should have submitted 2 docs, one from me and one from my husband. I was like, will I am the applicant and I don't need I864A. My mom said that they said " oh wait let me ask the consulate, wait... wait... wait...and oh we'll consider it" duh! So they called to let us know that they don't know what they are doing and that yeah they'll process it. So I guess more waiting for us.

Did they asked for I864A? It looks like we have the same situation. We submitted the requested document last 09/21/10 and it also does not say we're on AP. USEM called my parents yesterday and they said that we should have submitted 2 docs, one from me and one from my husband. I was like, will I am the applicant and I don't need I864A. My mom said that they said " oh wait let me ask the consulate, wait... wait... wait...and oh we'll consider it" duh! So they called to let us know that they don't know what they are doing and that yeah they'll process it. So I guess more waiting for us.

No i already filled out an I864A for my husband. Our joint sponser wasn't the "original". Dont know what exactly that meant.

Yeah you have to fill one out for your husband too if you are the petitioner. Whao are the USEM? Is there and International numer for who I can call to help me get information about my case? I submitted it here in Jerusalem counslet. Thanks!

HopenFaith

Timeline

No i already filled out an I864A for my husband. Our joint sponser wasn't the "original". Dont know what exactly that meant.

Yeah you have to fill one out for your husband too if you are the petitioner. Whao are the USEM? Is there and International numer for who I can call to help me get information about my case? I submitted it here in Jerusalem counslet. Thanks!

Yeah, I figured. I submitted mine in Manila USEM. Below is the link for Jerusalem US Consulate.

http://jerusalem.usconsulate.gov/appointment2.html

http://jerusalem.usconsulate.gov/contact_us4.html (link for contacting embassy)

Good luck!

Yeah, I figured. I submitted mine in Manila USEM. Below is the link for Jerusalem US Consulate.

http://jerusalem.usconsulate.gov/appointment2.html

http://jerusalem.usconsulate.gov/contact_us4.html (link for contacting embassy)

Good luck!

Thank you babe, but I already looked at this site! It doesnt offer any telephone numbers for Immigrant visa application. They only give an email, and I have emailed numerously! I need an international number if possible. I looked online and was confused! Im not sure which to call exactly that will have the information about my husbands case number. I dont know what to do! My only resort is to either wait, which I have been doing for the past 5 months, or to pack and leave to the states leaving my husband here =(

Then God knows when he will get his visa and follow.. this is all so stressful

HopenFaith

Timeline

I know, this is a lot of stress. I hear yah. Maybe you can post something with the subject " contact number for Jerusalem" i think there's quit a bit VJ'ers here from that area.

Hang in there...these things are worth waiting. all things come to an end..

You probably just are running into all the holidays going on right now, which are over next week. Sorry I'm no help on how to call them (I don't think you can) but hopefully you'll get real responses next week or soon thereafter. Good luck.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

You probably just are running into all the holidays going on right now, which are over next week. Sorry I'm no help on how to call them (I don't think you can) but hopefully you'll get real responses next week or soon thereafter. Good luck.

Maybe, I was thinking the same since Ramadan ended 2 days after I sent in the papers and Eid is about 3 day holiday. Also I had heard that there were some Jewish holidays too. I'd think though that someone would be at the counslet getting peoples applications done! Hopefully next week I'll hear some news. Thanks

HopenFaith

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

have you 'engaged' with the Immigration Liason Staffer Human at yer US Senator or US REP's office?

I suggest you do so -

and then make sure these pointed questions are asked, on yer behalf, from the ILS Human to the Senior Visa Officer (don't rely on local workers for answers, btw)

--was the evidence received?

--what's the status of the casefile?

--were additional namechecks started, or not? if so, when?

--are the namechecks results back yet? if so, please add the namechecks results to the casefile, and review the casefile once more.

--do you need to start a 'home visit' or not?

------

East Jerusalem Embassy is hard, if yer Palestinian - the local workers inside the Embassy (not Palestinians) have no interest in being timely for anyone 'in the zone' at all. You must stress to the ILS Human that he/she needs to have dialog (telephone, email or fax) with the Senior Visa Officer (Who is a USCitizen, btw) and NOT waste time on a dialog with a 'local worker'. It's a very 'small' thing, but since it's Jerusalem, that one small thing will make all the difference.

---

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

have you 'engaged' with the Immigration Liason Staffer Human at yer US Senator or US REP's office?

I suggest you do so -

and then make sure these pointed questions are asked, on yer behalf, from the ILS Human to the Senior Visa Officer (don't rely on local workers for answers, btw)

--was the evidence received?

--what's the status of the casefile?

--were additional namechecks started, or not? if so, when?

--are the namechecks results back yet? if so, please add the namechecks results to the casefile, and review the casefile once more.

--do you need to start a 'home visit' or not?

------

East Jerusalem Embassy is hard, if yer Palestinian - the local workers inside the Embassy (not Palestinians) have no interest in being timely for anyone 'in the zone' at all. You must stress to the ILS Human that he/she needs to have dialog (telephone, email or fax) with the Senior Visa Officer (Who is a USCitizen, btw) and NOT waste time on a dialog with a 'local worker'. It's a very 'small' thing, but since it's Jerusalem, that one small thing will make all the difference.

---

Good Luck !

How am I supposed to contact these people you are talking about?? Who is the Immigration Liason Staffer Human? The immigrant visa section in the embassy here in Jerusalem is IMPOSSIBLE to contact by phone. They clearly state that they do not accept calls for inquieries about immigrant visa statuses on thier website! I have tried but with ZERO luck. I need an exact phone number elsewhere where I could call and get some information. I emailed my congressman yesterday and now I am waiting for a response. I've emailed the consulate, but they have only replied once, and that was 3 weeks ago. Still waiting!

The only option I can think of at the moment, is to try and get a day pass into Jerusalem and personally go to the consulate to ask about my husbands case. I am not even sure that I will be allowed to do that, since simply asking about a case isn't an acceptable reason to be allowed to enter the embassy here in Jerusalem! I am so confused. I need a phone number. If anyone has an international number I can call that deals with visa applications from all around the world PLEASE PLEASE give it to me! I am soo tired of getting nowhere with this.

Thank you for your advice :unsure::(

HopenFaith

Timeline

ILS Human -

an 'Immigration Liason Staffer'

works

in the USA

at a

US Representative's office

and

at a

US Senator's Office.

I'm presuming yer a US Citizen, with some residency in USA - there you have a US Congressional District - so that's

1 US Representative

I also assume that you live in a State in the USA, so thats 2 US Senators.

If ya count , that's a possibility of 3 ILS Humans .

Suggest you contact all 3 and inquire (before picking one)

--are you an intern, or not? (you don't want an intern)

--how long have you been working as an Immigration Liason Staffer?( if over 2 years, you've found the right one)

My apologies, I just assumed you understood about US Rep and US Senator,

'place' is important, here - there are NO ILS Humans in Jerusalem or Palestine -

all work in USA.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

ILS Human -

an 'Immigration Liason Staffer'

works

in the USA

at a

US Representative's office

and

at a

US Senator's Office.

I'm presuming yer a US Citizen, with some residency in USA - there you have a US Congressional District - so that's

1 US Representative

I also assume that you live in a State in the USA, so thats 2 US Senators.

If ya count , that's a possibility of 3 ILS Humans .

Suggest you contact all 3 and inquire (before picking one)

--are you an intern, or not? (you don't want an intern)

--how long have you been working as an Immigration Liason Staffer?( if over 2 years, you've found the right one)

My apologies, I just assumed you understood about US Rep and US Senator,

'place' is important, here - there are NO ILS Humans in Jerusalem or Palestine -

all work in USA.

Thankyou for your input. YES I do know what a Representative and a Senator is. And YES I am a U.S citizen that has lived all her life in the state of Missouri... I just didn't know what an ILS was.

Now what you are suggesting is that I search the phone numbers of these 3 ILS and contact them about my case. No interns and over 2 years expirience? Ok check! ;)

I will do that ASAP. I only have my husbands case number, no other information to be helpful. DO You think that will be an issue?

Thanks again

HopenFaith

Timeline

Nope, only need the Embassy Case number, and his name, date of birth.

Once you have the 'release form' in place with the ILS, put the questions to them , to ask of a Senior CO at the Embassy.

"WHO" the ILS human asks, is really important, here, is not just any 'normal congressional inquiry'.

Good Luck !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.