EsOrEnNa

big problem

36 posts in this topic

we dont have health insurance and we just found out we are excecting.. he/she is due april 11th..

i dunno what we are gonna do.. i started working last year and if i get it over my job i gotta pay $200 a month and it covers only the dentist and ob/gyn.. no hospital, maternity or ER.. and if i get insured over my hubbys work we gotta pay around $200 a week!! but that covers everything.. i dunno about maternity though.. does anyone know a insurance that we can get now that will cover maternity? thanks

by the way i have a part time job.. sometimes i work 40 hrs a week and sometimes only 15 hrs a week.. it depends on the work..

R.I.P. Diana 1982 - 28.08.2008

<3 WE MISS YOU <3

December 2oo7 - received 1o year GC!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I've looked at information from several companies that offer temporary health insurance and none cover maternity.

Feb. 2005 - Met in Brazil the first time

May. 2005 - Visited Brazil

Aug. 2005 - Visited Brazil

10/30/05 - Mailed I129F

11/09/05 - NOA1

Nov. 2005 - Visited my fiance in Brazil

02/02/06 - NOA2

Feb. 2006 - Visited my fiance in Brazil

02/24/06 - Packet received at NVC

03/20/06 - Fiance received packet 3 from consulate

04/26/06 - Fiance received appointment letter

05/09/06 - I flew to Rio

5/10/06 - Met fiance at airport

5/11/06 - Medical exam in Rio

05/12/06 - Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!!

05/17/06 - Received visa in Rio

07/20/06 - POE Miami

10/16/06 - Married!!!!

01/10/07 - Sent AOS and EAD application

01/17/07 - NOA - Receipt

02/02/07 - Biometric appointment

02/09/07 - NOA - Transfer of case to California center

03/22/07 - EAD approved

05/10/07 - AOS approved!!!!

Eulalia and Bill

we dont have health insurance and we just found out we are excecting.. he/she is due april 11th..

i dunno what we are gonna do.. i started working last year and if i get it over my job i gotta pay $200 a month and it covers only the dentist and ob/gyn.. no hospital, maternity or ER.. and if i get insured over my hubbys work we gotta pay around $200 a week!! but that covers everything.. i dunno about maternity though.. does anyone know a insurance that we can get now that will cover maternity? thanks

by the way i have a part time job.. sometimes i work 40 hrs a week and sometimes only 15 hrs a week.. it depends on the work..

You might want to try contacting your local Welfare services office and see if you are eligible for Medicaid for pregnant women.

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm not sure signing up for coverage now (no matter what it costs) will do you much good. You are already pregnant.

You might want to try contacting your local Welfare services office and see if you are eligible for Medicaid for pregnant women.

I don't know if she can. Means tested benefit?

Filed: Timeline

If she claims a means tested benefit.... her sponsor will get the bill.... that why we have to have a sponsor who can afford to pay if we cant....

Kezzie

If she claims a means tested benefit.... her sponsor will get the bill.... that why we have to have a sponsor who can afford to pay if we cant....

Kezzie

A portion of the sponsors income is counted when they try to determine eligibility, but if the sponsor is her husband then that income from him would be included anyway. Hey it can't hurt her to try. :)

And to the OP; If you do try it now would be a good time, New Fed regs will soon be in place that may limit medicaid to US citizens. (I don't know if they will include those who are here legally.)

Your local office says Norfolk so I am assuming you are in Virginia. Here is a link you may want to see.

http://www.dss.virginia.gov/pub/pdf/032-03-834.pdf

Filed: Timeline

It is not a good idea to try.... claiming benefits you are not allowed to claim durring AOS will get you in big trouble with USCIS....

Not a good thing to have to worry about before the interview... the OP may have to talk to local hospital about payment plans to cover the costs that will be incurred... Baby will be entitled to full benefits.... mom wont..

A meeting with your OB/GYN to discuss what help is available to you is the first thing you can do...

Kezzie

It is not a good idea to try.... claiming benefits you are not allowed to claim durring AOS will get you in big trouble with USCIS....

OP already has approved AOS

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Both of you should start looking for new jobs now. Whoever gets it first should get insurance through the new job. I worked for a while at a Liz Claiborne outlet and they had decent insurance for fulltime employees, and even one for part time employees. Most outlets should have some sort of medical insurance. If you try to get independent insurance you will be paying quite a bit.

The old number that I heard was that it cost $10000 tp have a vaginal birth at a hosptal and $15000-$20000 to have a c-section. If you are paying $800 a month for his insurance, then after 10 months you will have paid $8000 which is still cheaper.

K-1 (more detail in profile):

05-25-05 - Applied for I-129F

06-07-05 - Approved

12-01-05 - Picked up visa!!

AOS:

12-25-05 - Flight lands at JFK - EAD stamp

05-15-06 - Green card received!! Woo-hoo!!!

05-09-07 - Our first son born!

Removal of Conditions

01-29-08 - Mailed Removal of Conditions Application (overnight)

02-07-08 - Check Cashed

02-08-08 - NOA1

03-12-08 - Biometrics

12-12-08 - Card production ordered! Yay!

12-30-08 - 10 year card received! Yay!

Naturalization

01-12-10 - Mailed application

01-20-10 - NOA

02-16-10 - Biometrics

04-21-10 - Interview

04-21-10 - Oath ceremony - US CITIZEN!!!

Some hospitals offer a plan for people without insurance. Usually you pay a lower rate than the hospital would charge an insurance company and allows you to pay in installments. There is often doctors associated with this plan that will also charge fees accordingly.

Would be worth a call to the hospitals in your area to see if they have this kind of program.

Good luck and congratS!

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

What happens if you get pregnant and don't get health insurance?

What are the usual costs of seeing a doctor + delivery?

Dave and I won't have health insurance in the US for awhile I think.... and I really wanted to know how bad it'd be in case I got pregnant.

I'll always have my health insurance in Brazil though... where I don't have to pay a cent if I need to have any kind of surgery or to see a doctor as many times as I want.

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Not a good thing to have to worry about before the interview... the OP may have to talk to local hospital about payment plans to cover the costs that will be incurred... Baby will be entitled to full benefits.... mom wont..

A meeting with your OB/GYN to discuss what help is available to you is the first thing you can do...

Kezzie

Just a question to clarify it for myself: It doesn't really matter if AOS is approved or not does it? I had the understanding the immigrant has to have 40 quarters of work before the affidavit is fulfilled or whatever you want to call it...right? M.

Sorry...quoted the wrong post. Wanted to quote the one that said she has approved AOS. M.

Edited by MichelleandCraig

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I don't want to put a damper on anything, but the cost of delivery is just the tip of the iceberg. The baby is going to need health insurance too, so it's best to get a policy for the whole family.

6/27/06 NOA dates for I-130, I-131, I-765, I-485

7/17/06 received biometrics appt notice

7/27/06 biometrics completed

9/7/06 AP approved

9/13/06 EAD approved

11/6/06 received appointment notice for Dec 19th

12/19/06 Interviewed, approved, received stamp in passport

12/27/06 card production ordered

01/03/07 received green card (envelope postmarked 12/30/06)

09/20/08 Mailed I-751 to remove conditions

09/26/08 NOA date

10/16/08 Received biometrics notice

10/31/08 Biometrics

03/10/09 Transferred from VSC to CSC

05/15/09 I-751 approval noticed received in mail

12/01/09 Mailed N-400 for naturalization

12/07/09 NOA date

12/15/09 Received biometrics notice

01/04/10 Biometrics

02/17/10 Interview, approval, and oath

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Best wishes on your new addition and hope all works out for you. :luv:

For you or anyone else that may be in/moving to Illinois, I want to be sure you're aware of a program for children that isn't widely known yet. Here is the link for specifics: http://www.allkidscovered.com/

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.