Amby

nature could have parted the red sea for moses' escape

93 posts in this topic

True enough but we are not talking about agnostics who just kinda shrug and say "Hey, I can't believe in something I am not aware of."

Atheists on the other hand seem quite certain... there is no God... which seems kinda odd since our ability to go everywhere and check every place is very limited.

Just sayin.

Nothing odd about it. Atheists express a lack of belief in the unprovable claims of all faiths in their various God or Gods. Believers make the claims.

At the end of the day science and logic shred most ancient teachings and the sheer size of the universe indicates the backwards hubris in believing humans are the center of the universe and could only exist as a result of a creator.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Nothing odd about it. Atheists express a lack of belief in the unprovable claims of all faiths in their various God or Gods. Believers make the claims.

At the end of the day science and logic shred most ancient teachings and the sheer size of the universe indicates the backwards hubris in believing humans are the center of the universe and could only exist as a result of a creator.

Thats a little contradictory.... but I get your overall point.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

Never have made that claim and never will and also know many Christians that won't. You are lumping some as a whole again.blink.gif

Never have made that claim and never will and also know many Christians that won't. You are lumping some as a whole again.blink.gif

Granted belief varies among Christians as to how literally to take Biblical accuracy, especially in light of scientific advancement since its inception, but once you begin to discount Biblical accuracy what is it exactly you are believing in?

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!

Remove Conditions:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Granted belief varies among Christians as to how literally to take Biblical accuracy, especially in light of scientific advancement since its inception, but once you begin to discount Biblical accuracy what is it exactly you are believing in?

Same reason why kids believe Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy are real...

brainwashing - (aka thought control, mind control, coercive persuasion). A non-violent method that uses mind control techniques to convince a person to abandon some of their basic beliefs and adopt the beliefs of the indoctrinator. ...

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Same reason why kids believe Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy are real...

brainwashing - (aka thought control, mind control, coercive persuasion). A non-violent method that uses mind control techniques to convince a person to abandon some of their basic beliefs and adopt the beliefs of the indoctrinator. ...

sillybelievers-724582.jpg

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Timeline

There is no need for Atheists to prove anything since proving any faith is incorrect is just as logically impossible as proving a claimed religious belief system is factual. Faith is belief in something without a factual basis, and/or despite facts which indicate otherwise.

There is no way to prove any God is real. Responsibility for the claim rests on the claimant. There is no way to shift the burden to those who do not share the faith.

Actually,. the weight is on you to explain how you know for a fact, no higher being exists which created the earth and all of space.

We see the Earth and Space around us which suggests the possibility of a creator.... even if that possibility were to be very small wouldn't it be premature to claim he does not exist before we have even explored a fraction of the universe...... yet by "faith" Atheists do.

William Penn

Actually,. the weight is on you to explain how you know for a fact, no higher being exists which created the earth and all of space.

We see the Earth and Space around us which suggests the possibility of a creator.... even if that possibility were to be very small wouldn't it be premature to claim he does not exist before we have even explored a fraction of the universe...... yet by "faith" Atheists do.

Can you elaborate on that statement?

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

Take a look at this video and then tell me something as PETTY as "a God" created it all. When you look at the sheer magnitude and power of some of these stars God seems very small/petty/petite/insignificant....

You do realize what is in our universe. Here are some facts about the universe:

There are 100 to 200 billion galaxies in the universe.

Danno, you're pretty good with numbers....There are 200 to 400 billion stars in our 1 galaxy, the Milky Way.

The upper estimates are as many as 500 billion galaxies in the universe. So picture how enormous our galaxy is, and now try to imagine every single star as 1 galaxy....

In case you don't know how large our galaxy is. Traveling at a constant speed of light (186,000 miles per second) it will take roughly 4 years and 2.4 months to arrive at the nearest star to earth. So rewind the clock back to July 2006 (4.2 years ago) and imagine the ENTIRE time you are traveling at 186,000 miles per second, you would just be arriving to the nearest star!

At the speed of light you would circle earth's equator almost 8 times in 1 second.

Back 2000 years ago when nobody knew what E = MC squared was, when nobody knew what a TV was, a radio, electricity, gun powder, a train, paper, pens, computers, etc., man created God. Religion is something that stuck. And it is something ingrained and drilled into every baby's brain since birth. I am not trying to convert anyone just engaging in a conversation.

I'm sorry I don't believe in a mute and powerless and unable to answer prayers God who gets a thrill out of burning people alive for eternity for eating apples from forbidden trees because a talking snake pressured them into it...It'd be one thing if I could pray right now for something and the next day I got it, but unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.

Edited by Lord Infamous

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

Again, Danno, what do you think of this? Here is something I just came across and it is fascinating.

So it is already impossible to understand how far away 4.2 light years is (traveling 186,000 miles a second for 4.2 years).

What about traveling at 186,000 miles per second for 13,000,000,000 (BILLION) years!!!! That is fvcking insane! Like 100,000 years passes and you are nowhere near your destination. 750 MILLION YEARS later and you are not even close to your destination. 6.5 billion years go by and you're only half way there (entire time traveling 186k miles/second).

Well, you travel for 13 billion years at the speed of light and you will arrive at the furthest known galaxy in our universe. Maybe God is busy working miracles over in that part of the universe because He sure as hell ain't nowhere to be seen around these parts!!! But of course he is sending people to hell like there is no tomorrow.

146,000 people die each day. I wonder how many of those people God sends to perish in Hell for an eternal burning? 1 child dies every second of starvation on our blessed planet earth. What a LOVING AND POWERFUL GOD. He really shows His Super Powers when 16,000 children die of starvation per day!

What a loving God he is (1/2 of the people on planet earth live on less than 40 nickels a day!!!) :

• More than one-half of the world's people live below the internationally defined poverty line of less than U.S. $2 a day—including 97 percent in Uganda, 80 percent in Nicaragua, 66 percent in Pakistan, and 47 percent in China, according to data from the World Bank.
  • Nearly one-third of rural residents worldwide lack access to safe drinking water.

Of course I seen your post about people on food stamps. Your theory is that hunger is a great motivator. Let America's poor starve enough and they'll find a job!!! What about the other 3 billion people out there? I guess they aren't motivated enough...Maybe they should pray.

Edited by Lord Infamous

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

Of course I seen your post about people on food stamps. Your theory is that hunger is a great motivator. Let America's poor starve enough and they'll find a job!!! What about the other 3 billion people out there? I guess they aren't motivated enough...Maybe they should pray.

hunger is a great motivator, is not really a theory, I think nature aptly displays it's a fact of life.

In some places in the world and in history there is no work and in cases where opportunity does not exists... well thats a different scenario than the thread where you took my quote.

William Penn

Timeline

Back 2000 years ago when nobody knew what E = MC squared was, when nobody knew what a TV was, a radio, electricity, gun powder, a train, paper, pens, computers, etc., man created God. Religion is something that stuck. And it is something ingrained and drilled into every baby's brain since birth. I am not trying to convert anyone just engaging in a conversation.

I'm sorry I don't believe in a mute and powerless and unable to answer prayers God who gets a thrill out of burning people alive for eternity for eating apples from forbidden trees because a talking snake pressured them into it...It'd be one thing if I could pray right now for something and the next day I got it, but unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.

I respect your conclusions on these matters, I am simply pointing out the folly of taking the universe which is as vast as you demonstrated and .....without a flinch, claim to know some concept of a creator does not exists there... though we have not scratched the surface to see or know.

Now on one is saying you "should" believe in a God you can't see... I'm just saying to assert as fact something else you can't see is ... kinda like "faith".

William Penn

We have touched on faith in general but this thread is specifically about Christianity. Christianity has a source, the Bible. The universe as we now know it through modern science suggests the God whom the Bible states clearly is the all knowing, all seeing creator of the world lacked even basic geometric knowledge, the Earth not being flat and all, as well as lacking scientific knowledge.

Thus it is up to Christians to prove their God exists. Not up to others to prove his/her non-existence.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Timeline

-I'm not familiar with very many passages which claim the world is flat, perhaps you could list a few.

-Put faith aside for the discussion....

Even if no one on earth believed a higher power (God) created the universe.... how could you conclusively state "There is no God" or creator in the universe if you have barely explored any of it?

You don't find that claim a little premature?

William Penn